Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 05:01 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Thanks - I use allrecipes for about everything! I saw a few on there, but nothing that just blew me away - all though....the one where you grill (yes grill!) it sounded interesting. Might be worth a shot.

This week all I got were different types of greens and turnips. My son is eating the turnips raw, so that's taken care of. We'll be bunnies by the end of the summer with all the greens.....some very unusual types as well.
I saw the grill recipe and thought it looked good too. I almost posted it, but thought I was getting carried away with the links in that post. Let me know how it turns out.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
So, I was talking to DD a few minutes ago and she tells me "Mommy. If you would just do what I want you to do, I wouldn't have tantrums."
So she's intelligent. LOL, you are in SO much trouble. She sounds like me at that age. Little Miss BossyPants who thinks she knows how the world should turn. Life was one big power struggle between my mother and I.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:02 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
I usually stir-fry mine, in olive oil with a little garlic & ginger. Mmmm...
Okay - that sounds good and really simple. I was going to do a grilled salmon/ginger recipe this week, so that would work. I was also going to do a really good Quinoa Tabbouleh with it.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
SIronically enough, she hasn't had a tantrum in a while, so I am not sure how this conversation even came up.
She's planning ahead.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So she's intelligent. LOL, you are in SO much trouble. She sounds like me at that age. Little Miss BossyPants who thinks she knows how the world should turn. Life was one big power struggle between my mother and I.
The intelligence comes in handy sometimes. Other times, it makes us go into an epic battle. DH tries to stay away from us when those happen.

She does amaze me with her intelligence on some days. The other day, we were driving and noticed that a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut is now just a KFC/Taco Bell. As soon as she saw the sign, she said (from her little booster seat in the back) "They must have stopped selling the Pizza Hut because they weren't making any money so it didn't make sense to keep it open. Besides, they deliver so why would people drive to get it?"

I love the fact that she has very good logic, but sometimes it kills me.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
She's planning ahead.
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

If you don't hear from me for a few days, you know that it has happened and I am probably hospitalized from the trauma.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
She does amaze me with her intelligence on some days. The other day, we were driving and noticed that a KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut is now just a KFC/Taco Bell. As soon as she saw the sign, she said (from her little booster seat in the back) "They must have stopped selling the Pizza Hut because they weren't making any money so it didn't make sense to keep it open. Besides, they deliver so why would people drive to get it?"
I'm sorry - but that's hilarious. You are so you know what when she gets to be a teenager! She's going to have an explanation for everything that she'll make sound very plausible!

She sounds really cute.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
The intelligence comes in handy sometimes. Other times, it makes us go into an epic battle. DH tries to stay away from us when those happen.
I'm going to make you feel better:

Despite our own epic battles when I was a kid my mom and I became best friends. We even took a couple of vacations together when I was older. We'd argue about who was going to drive, lol, but we really had a good time together.

(She would not have thought this possible when I was 5. My tantrums and our arguments were legendary. So keep the faith. )

Old 05-31-2011, 05:14 PM

Okay - one more vegetable question. This sounds slightly pathetic.... I was just moving things that were brought home yesterday around in the fridge , and I asked my son regarding one bunch of greens, "what is that by the way?" - good thing he knows every thing grown on the farm. So it is kale. What do to with that? Anyone have a really good, relatively simple suggestion? There were a ton of recipes on the website to wade through.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:21 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm going to make you feel better:

Despite our own epic battles when I was a kid my mom and I became best friends. We even took a couple of vacations together when I was older. We'd argue about who was going to drive, lol, but we really had a good time together.

(She would not have thought this possible when I was 5. My tantrums and our arguments were legendary. So keep the faith. )
Yep...that is pretty much how it has gone for DD and I. It'sactually amazing we both survived 15-18. Now she calls me every day...

Much as I love my Nook it is really awkward and time consuming to type on the touchscreen. DH is using the desktop though.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.