Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 04:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
That was weird. I was on my way home from my mom's, and lo and behold five our six Army tanks on the side of the freeway.
Wow. Which freeway? Were they on trailers? You rarely see tanks. Usually they cover them up when they haul them around.

My second thought would be: Any filming in the area?

Old 08-27-2011, 04:43 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,088,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wow. Which freeway? Were they on trailers? You rarely see tanks. Usually they cover them up when they haul them around.

My second thought would be: Any filming in the area?
OK, maybe they weren't tanks. They were some huge Army vehicles that looked similar to tanks, but I didn't get a great look seeing as a truck was on in between us and I didn't want to get in an accident. Whatever they were, it was weird. I've been behind some of their big trucks hauling tanks before up on the central coast, but that didn't seem to weird to me.

Oh yeah, I was on the 215.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Hahahaha! I LOVE it! Ah, what fun is it to act our age??

Total Star Wars geek over here - we actually brought the original trilogy with us in my hospital bag when we went to deliver DS, just in case I needed distraction. All of my figures are still packed away (I wasn't allowed to have them as a kid, so DH collected a ton for me when the second trilogy came out), but I can't wait until DS is old enough to play with them with me! He's currently taking "light saber lessons" from DH (only plastic, of course, DH doesn't want a fancy replica one - he's holding out for a real one!)
Someday you MUST take DS to Disneyland for the Star Wars show. (I'm assuming they have it at DW.) Great show! They pick kids out of the audience and dress them up as Jedis. They get lessons on how to use a light saber. Darth enters to the appropriate music. It is a great show. And they pick total Hot Gods to play the head Jedi! Check out the youtube videos if you haven't seen it.

We are BIG Lucas fans.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:52 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Pokemon cards can have value as well.

We've played disc golf once. Right after we bought the discs (those things are NOT cheap!), my niece managed to throw right into a pond on her first throw.

My DH actually went back home, got his bathing suit, and walked around in the pond for a while, but couldn't find it. We haven't played since. Play it Again sports does have used ones - fyi. I did not know that.

txt - if I remember correctly, the leaves of sunflowers are a bit fuzzy. Sometimes that little fuzzes can get in the skin and irritate. I would try what was already recommended and do your best to not scratch! I can sometimes get bumps on my arms, etc., even a day later, after trimming my juniper bushes.

Congrats on the job btw.
I got my two for $15.
That is going to be an issue with the scratching though.
I can't help it, I need a rake or some sand paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Those of you who play Angry Birds - how in the world do you get 3 stars on some of those? One set I knocked everything out and still only got one freakin' star. That game really is frustratingly addictive.
I can get 3 stars on SOME of them, others I am just glad I got past the level.

Quote:
Which is why I'm afraid to start playing it.

I do, however, rock at disc golf.
I'm getting there. I still can't get it THAT far.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
OK, maybe they weren't tanks. They were some huge Army vehicles that looked similar to tanks, but I didn't get a great look seeing as a truck was on in between us and I didn't want to get in an accident. Whatever they were, it was weird. I've been behind some of their big trucks hauling tanks before up on the central coast, but that didn't seem to weird to me.

Oh yeah, I was on the 215.
Hard to say. Since some of the National Guard units are coming home and more Camp P Marines are going to Afghanistan, they are moving equipment around. We saw some Patriot missile launchers on a freeway in Phx a couple of months ago.

Very glad you paid attention to your driving.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I got my two for $15.
That is going to be an issue with the scratching though.
I can't help it, I need a rake or some sand paper.
Do NOT take any more hot showers. That will make it worse. Cold water only wherever the reaction is. And go buy some analgesic cream, hydrocortisone lotion or Benadryl lotion and apply it to the rash. Also take 25mgs of Benadryl every 4 hours and don't drive.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:58 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,088,184 times
Quote:
Hard to say. Since some of the National Guard units are coming home and more Camp P Marines are going to Afghanistan, they are moving equipment around. We saw some Patriot missile launchers on a freeway in Phx a couple of months ago.

Very glad you paid attention to your driving.
Thanks. I hate when people have to stop and slow down to almost a stop to look at everything. Seriously, this was right after a curve, so the stopping very well could have caused an accident.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:04 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Quote:
Someday you MUST take DS to Disneyland for the Star Wars show. (I'm assuming they have it at DW.) Great show! They pick kids out of the audience and dress them up as Jedis. They get lessons on how to use a light saber. Darth enters to the appropriate music. It is a great show. And they pick total Hot Gods to play the head Jedi! Check out the youtube videos if you haven't seen it.

We are BIG Lucas fans.
Oh, that's just awesome! DS makes a mean light saber sound effect, already - I'd bet he'd love it! Since for the past two years he's been too little to choose his own costume, we dressed him up for Halloween as a Padawan Learner. He gets that we like it - I hope that he'll still like it of his own volition when he's old enough to finally see the movies!

We're total Lucas fans, too!

Old 08-27-2011, 05:13 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Do NOT take any more hot showers. That will make it worse. Cold water only wherever the reaction is. And go buy some analgesic cream, hydrocortisone lotion or Benadryl lotion and apply it to the rash. Also take 25mgs of Benadryl every 4 hours and don't drive.
I'll itch...
I shower everyday and I need to drive today. More disc golf!!!!
Ill be wearing jeans and tennis shoes.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:22 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
I went and played disc golf yesterday.
I got two disc for my birthday, first couple of throws they weren't really broken in yet and I was throwing pretty crappy and ended up in the bushes.
If any of you Coloradans know what disc golf is and what the courses look like you know what I had to trek through.

I was wearing flip flops and capris, I didn't know I was going to play.

Anyways my legs are red, scratched and they itch so bad its not funny. Yesterday it got a little better after my shower but today it is even worse with the itching and I just showered but its still not even better.

Any ideas?
It's pretty well marked where the poison ivy is so I don't think I got into any of that but what else could make someone break out this bad over 24 hours later?
Quote:
Quote:
I'll itch...
I shower everyday and I need to drive today. More disc golf!!!!
Ill be wearing jeans and tennis shoes.

And this txt, in a nutshell, is exactly what people get frustrated with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.