Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 AM

378 posts, read 577,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
I think not doing it is. Different strokes and all that jazz...
So....you think your culture should be forced onto others because you think not amputating the foreskin is horrific?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 10:09 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,807,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedskjaer View Post
So....you think your culture should be forced onto others because you think not amputating the foreskin is horrific?
I couldn't give a frogs patootie what you do with your and your offsprings foreskins.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Again, it is not a cultural tradition in America to get drunk and tattoo toddlers.

Continuously trying to compare it to other practices that are cultural traditions will not excuse this guy's behavior.

He was not exercising his rights as a parent, he was just blotto and clueless.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Again, it is not a cultural tradition in America to get drunk and tattoo toddlers.

Continuously trying to compare it to other practices that are cultural traditions will not excuse this guy's behavior.
Who defines what are cultural traditions? You?

Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Who defines what are cultural traditions? You?
Don't forget he was breaking state law.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
How is this different from piercing a newborn's ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ear piercing and circumcision have been ingrained in our cultures for centuries, and are perfectly socially acceptable for children, but tattooing (in the western world) is not, and I don't think it should start.
Ear piercing and circumcision had to start somewhere, at some time.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Don't forget he was breaking state law.
Another poster brought up the judge's comments. The judge, according to the poster, doubt that any state laws were broken and doubted it was abuse, citing foreskins and ear piercings.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
How is this different from piercing a newborn's ears?

Ear piercing and circumcision had to start somewhere, at some time.
Cool. I will start getting used to the idea of my not-yet-born grandchildren running around with "My Nana Rocks" tattoos.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Cool. I will start getting used to the idea of my not-yet-born grandchildren running around with "My Nana Rocks" tattoos.
If you can teach your kid man walked with dinosaurs, I don't see the harm in allowing tattoos.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
If you can teach your kid man walked with dinosaurs, I don't see the harm in allowing tattoos.
Well, I lobbed off their foreskins without consent and then wouldn't allow tattoos or earrings at all until they were adults and I had no say. I guess I am not an equal opporuntity body mutilator.

I did, however, spend a lot of time teaching and learning about dinosaurs since my oldest was obssessed with them. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting