Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:02 AM

1,820 posts, read 4,498,710 times

Advertisements

our ES does not have a school yearbook but each teacher seems to do their own "make-shift" ones.. very cute but we don't have to pay for them.
It actually is so nice that the teachers take the time to do them, last year, my oldest (she was in 2nd grade) brought home one that was laminated & everything.. again though, it isn't something that the school does or that ALL the teachers do.

I still have to say though, that while it may be upsetting to not see your child's picture in the yearbook , I don't think that the school is doing to to anything about it at this point.
Hopefully your child isn't THAT upset about it, I think if you forget about it, they will as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 10:29 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,481,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I just got the yearbook for my kids, they messed up, and did not put 1 photo of my son in it.

They had photos, "I" had photos, nobody said a word to me about sending any photos, and now nobody is taking responsibility for this mistake. They gave me the SOL treatment.

Is this common practice? Because I wanted to have an option, I have tons of photos, and I work in this field and know that someone has the catalog file somewhere, which can be edited a million times over, unless it was completely deleted, yet, nobody seems to even care about the mistake they made. They put a photo of his new teacher, that just started in April, and my son doesn't have 1 photo in that entire book.

I find this unacceptable. Did this happen to anyone of you? what have you done? were you given ANY options at all?

Thank you,
Yes, it has. I was in the yearbook, but the yearbook committee was dumb and instead of showing highlights of the graduating class's year (like prom), they put in old photos of the previous class and of students who left the school/transferred years ago!

Sorry that this has happened to you. I would ask them for a refund, and next year tell them that you expect some changes *wink wink*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting