Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 02:02 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times

Advertisements

Laysayfair, I just don't get where you are coming from on this. Usually there are two sides to every story, but, as many have pointed out, there was no denying it from the girls involved.

The photographer took a stance at a personal risk to her business. It looks like a smart move on her part, but it could have backfired. She had no way of knowing how her refusal would be received by the community, but she went ahead and made a decision based on her own moral code.

Again, I have to say, good for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 02:35 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
What I've found is that there are some people I friended whom I didn't really know well, and whom I've really gotten to like a lot from their facebook postings-- not just to and with me, but with their other friends. And then there are people I thought I was friends with whom I now find pretty much appalling. I've defriended and hidden an awful lot of people, and try to keep my list at well under a hundred friends, because it's too hard to really value the interactions otherwise. Those people who have like 3000 friends? Fuggedaboudit.
Exactly. It can be a great way to keep in touch. But if it is toxic, lose it!

Quote:
Even above that though I'll probably end up closing my account soon. Too many privacy issues-- which is a problem with Google's new one, as well.
Yah. In internet land, privacy is a myth. It is what it is.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I've many co-workers who are on constantly, discussed it with them at length, and have seen it frequently enough to make such an assessment.
In life and in Facebook it is all about with whom you chose to associate. I love Facebook. I get to be informed about my nieces and nephews. I see family and friends pictures. Occasionally a buddy will be having a bad day. I get a heads up and can phone in a hug. I mean Farmville is idiotic. But otherwise I love Facebook.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Everyone thinks this is their 15 minutes of fame. The fact is no one is really interested in your lunch, pictures of your dog/cat/child,

Well color me backwards. I AM interested in my friends' and families' pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting