Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times

Advertisements

Yes, you're right to be freaking out. TELL HER PARENTS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 10:12 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Where are the parents? Yes, 14 is very young emmotionally and a 17 yr old can be very manipulating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I do't think so, I've been "hooking up" and having sex since I was 10 yrs old. I remember kids having boyfriends & girlfriends at 2nd grade at the very minimum. Kids are having sex at earlier ages these days, but hey it's 2011 so not much we can do about it. I think you should stay out of her business or if you are really concerned tell her parents what. been happening. I would have ignored you too if you were breathing down my back.
That's sad you lost the innocence of your childhood, something you'll never get back. Yes it's 2011, but not all kids are having sex this early.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
I do't think so, I've been "hooking up" and having sex since I was 10 yrs old. I remember kids having boyfriends & girlfriends at 2nd grade at the very minimum. Kids are having sex at earlier ages these days, but hey it's 2011 so not much we can do about it. I think you should stay out of her business or if you are really concerned tell her parents what. been happening. I would have ignored you too if you were breathing down my back.
You have GOT to be joking.

No one in their right mind would do something like that.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:31 AM

484 posts, read 1,367,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Its fine....as long as he is 17 yrs old, he is not breaking any laws. She's not a nun and eventually she will loose her virginity. Its normal. But you seem scared and concerned, so let your folks know.

Seriously? Its normal for a 14 year old girl to go around having sex in friends bathrooms and just because she will lose her virginity eventually and because its not against the law this is okay?

Old 09-05-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:

This has to be a joke. Right?

Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Tell her parents. Wait, let me guess; she has an absentee father, and a mother who isn't home when she comes home from school, otherwise she wouldn't be seeking this kind of attention from boys.
Over generalization.

The "friendliest" teenager at my school comes from a two parent home with a SAHM.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
so im really worried about my little silly 14 year old sister. my friends tell me that she has been hooking up with this creepy 17 year old boy at her friends' bathrooms. im not at all sure what "hooking up" constitutes. i dont live with her, she has blocked me from facebook, and refuses to talk to me on the phone. i am freaking out! who knows HOW that boy is treating her and probably even ruining her first sexual experiences. she is SO dumb and immature.

am i right to be freaking out? what should i do?
Freaking out is pointless.

What you really need is more information and the best source would be your sister. Just from your post you are coming across as somewhat judgmental and demeaning. I am not saying it isn't warranted but if you want her to listen to you and talk to you it's hardly a congenial way to start.

Second, all you can do at that point is support her even if you don't support her choices or involve her parents. If she gives you no information you really have no choice but to tell her parents.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
so im really worried about my little silly 14 year old sister. my friends tell me that she has been hooking up with this creepy 17 year old boy at her friends' bathrooms. im not at all sure what "hooking up" constitutes. i dont live with her, she has blocked me from facebook, and refuses to talk to me on the phone. i am freaking out! who knows HOW that boy is treating her and probably even ruining her first sexual experiences. she is SO dumb and immature.

am i right to be freaking out? what should i do?
If you care for your sister, than you need to tell your parents. This is not just about her having sex, this is about her putting herself in dangerous situations in various "friends" bathrooms and who knows where else. Her friends aren't going to help her. You might be the only one who can help her. Keep in mind it could just be rumors, but that is not up you to decide fact or fiction. It is up to you to let your parents know and let them decide what is best.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:10 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Yes you're right about being upset about this! You need to let your parents know what you're hearing. Although your sister has blocked you from her FB page, you should still make an attempt to talk to her. I realize though that many 14 y/o have all the answers though, think they know more what's best for their lives and don't need an older sibling giving them advice...(right), but you should still try.

To the poster who started sleeping around at 10 and thinks it's perfectly okay for young children to have sex.....WRONG! Just because SOME kids are having sex at an earlier age, it does NOT make it right! STDs are BAD! Getting pregnant as a single, unwed teen is NOT a good thing, nor are the possible emotional repurcussions of either! The taxpayers do NOT need another single, unwed mother and child to support! I'm quite sure her parent/parents would rather not do so either!

Old 09-05-2011, 09:07 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Her parents (and sister) probably think that 14 is too young to be hooking up, and that's why the girl is concealing her social life from them and shutting down communications. Time for a little bit of two-way trust and common sense, to replace the 'cuz I said so atmosphere.

The issue here is not sexuality, it is communication and trust that is broken and needs to be repaired..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting