Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
The guy was either 13 or 14, I was just about to turn 11. He was one of my brother's friends I guess he had a "crush" on me since my brother said he was always asking about me.The whole ordeal lasted probably less than 5 mins. I told him it was hurting me and he stopped. He did not know what he was doing either. Both of my parents were at work at the time and we did it outside. He has since moved and I haven't seen him or talked to him in many years. We just are not that close anymore. I guess he is in college now or whatever.

Alcohol and sex sometimes play hand and hand teens start drinking at younger ages as well. Smoking too, things just seem to be getting worse and worse.
The circumstances don't make it any less of an assault. You were a child, he was a teenager. I get that he didn't exactly force you, and stopped when you asked, but sex with a 10-year-old is considered sexual assault in all 50 states, even if the guy has a crush on the girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 05:53 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Tell her parents. Wait, let me guess; she has an absentee father, and a mother who isn't home when she comes home from school, otherwise she wouldn't be seeking this kind of attention from boys.
I agree with you that the OP should tell her parents. But, for the other part...It's not always like that. I had both parents that were very much present in my life, and interested in what I'm doing etc. However, once I hit puberty, it just seems that I went crazy. I started getting boobs, becoming prettier etc. I started to get attention from guys, and especially older guys for some reason ( most of them thought I look older than I actually was )-and I liked that attention. So, when I was 14, I had a boyfriend that was 18. However, knowing what I know now, I would've never done that. My parents found out about our relationship, and were very much against it...they made it clear that I cannot and will not have a boyfriend at that age...however, I still found ways to see him, until I realized that the whole situation is wrong.

So, I believe that you should definitely tell her parents about it. Maybe they can point out the mistakes that she's making. Even though, she might not listen to them ( just like I didn't ). But, it's worth a try. It's a tough situation...I hope your sister will get some common sense and stop messing with the guy that's much older than her at this stage of her life.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
I agree with you that the OP should tell her parents. But, for the other part...It's not always like that. I had both parents that were very much present in my life, and interested in what I'm doing etc. However, once I hit puberty, it just seems that I went crazy. I started getting boobs, becoming prettier etc. I started to get attention from guys, and especially older guys for some reason ( most of them thought I look older than I actually was )-and I liked that attention. So, when I was 14, I had a boyfriend that was 18. However, knowing what I know now, I would've never done that. My parents found out about our relationship, and were very much against it...they made it clear that I cannot and will not have a boyfriend at that age...however, I still found ways to see him, until I realized that the whole situation is wrong.

So, I believe that you should definitely tell her parents about it. Maybe they can point out the mistakes that she's making. Even though, she might not listen to them ( just like I didn't ). But, it's worth a try. It's a tough situation...I hope your sister will get some common sense and stop messing with the guy that's much older than her at this stage of her life.
You know the funny thing about guy? They pull that "you look so much older crap", because they've learned through the grapevine that it WORKS! How many little teenagers want to be told that "they're so mature!, they look/seem so much older?" Most of them, that's who. It's so flattering to be come on to by an older young man, after all...they COULD be going after someone their own age. Yeah, well, someone their own age is probably not going to be charmed by some lame-o who's looking for nothing more than a POA.

A whole lot of these guy are looking for someone they can easily cajole into sleeping with them and the bonus... is that likely "cherry" on top! They don't tell you that in health class and most mom's are afraid to share that information for fear their daughters will end up not trusting men at all. Oh well, that's a lesson I DID share with my daughter. By the time she was old enough to even be thinking about guys. Everything I knew, SHE knew. Sometimes, knowledge can be the best protector!

It became an inside joke with her and I and we were very close. She'd actualy come home in her later teen years and say, "Mom, mom! You know the line........? Well I JUST heard it today. OMG....so lame!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting