Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2013, 03:42 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This.

Weren't you working in a clothing store? Wear what you wore on the job. Boyfriend can wear whatever he wore at his last job interview. Do the laundry today to make sure it's clean. Clean is more important than "dressy" so don't worry about buying anything dressy. There are people who are MUCH poorer than you who go to church. Think respectful. Not stylish.
Last interview he had he wore jeans, flip flops and a long sleeve button up shirt which was more of a casual button up than a formal. Last place he worked his interview was with his sisters boyfriend
And the last thing I wore to work were white shorts, dark brown flip flops and tank tops.

But hey were happy in those clothes ill take your suggestion.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Last interview he had he wore jeans, flip flops and a long sleeve button up shirt

And the last thing I wore to work were white shorts, dark brown flip flops and tank tops.
If that is what "respectful" means to you then go for it. Seriously. You might as well make your statement to Grandma and Great-Grandma and the entire town now. It will give everyone something to chew on tomorrow besides ham and deviled eggs.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:07 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
I'm having a brunch at my apartment tomorrow and I was planning on having it on the roof but now I go up to the roof and the tables are taken in and the maintenance man refuses to get them out! Ahhh! I'm so nervous to have 8 people in my apartment. I guess we will make it work!

Old 03-30-2013, 04:57 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Last interview he had he wore jeans, flip flops and a long sleeve button up shirt which was more of a casual button up than a formal. Last place he worked his interview was with his sisters boyfriend

But hey were happy in those clothes ill take your suggestion.
I might believe that if you weren't just living in CO. I have some difficulty accepting anybody shows up for work in shorts and flip flops under those circumstances.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I guess we will make it work!
Have fun with it. This is the stuff you're supposed to do when you're young and single and working in NYC. You can absolutely make this work.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM

Ill more than likely end up wearing this dress thing I have with a vneck over it and my dark brown leather flip flops.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I might believe that if you weren't just living in CO. I have some difficulty accepting anybody shows up for work in shorts and flip flops under those circumstances.
Under what circumstances?

That's what we wore to work.
My last day was when it warmed up for a bit and I wore shorts and layered tanks and some flip flops.

And his whole family is from Florida, I'm surprised any of them wear shoes, him am his sister got flip flops for Christmas.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,087,395 times
Quote:
Under what circumstances?

That's what we wore to work.
My last day was when it warmed up for a bit and I wore shorts and layered tanks and some flip flops.

And his whole family is from Florida, I'm surprised any of them wear shoes, him am his sister got flip flops for Christmas.
Umm, yeah, my husband is from the Philippines. They wear flip flops (called slippers) all the time, but every single member of his family owns at least one pair of real shoes. They would never dare to wear flip flops to work, school, or church. Never.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:00 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Umm, yeah, my husband is from the Philippines. They wear flip flops (called slippers) all the time, but every single member of his family owns at least one pair of real shoes. They would never dare to wear flip flops to work, school, or church. Never.
My boss is from Miami and she manages to put on shoes every day for work. She also attends church (not as common in New York) and manages to wear shoes there too

Old 03-31-2013, 10:29 AM

Everyone wears flip flops when working in retail.
Walk into any hollister, American eagle, just about any college aged kids store and all the employees have on flip flops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting