Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 05:39 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich View Post
It's really embarrassing that someone of your age would have this much of an attitude problem. Your outlook on life has been tainted by your experiences, and I guess you're taking it out on everyone around you??

You'd be a much happier, more pleasant person if you got some therapy.

It's not healthy for you to be this way.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:43 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcs15 View Post
I don't see the problem with a smack on the butt once in a while. There is a huge difference between beating a child out of anger and a smack on the bottom. My daughter (who was 3 at the time) hit our Saint Bernard because "she slobbers on her"... I swatted her on the butt. When she reached to touch the hot stove after I spent five mins explaining its dangerous and can cause serious "boo boos"... She got a swat on the butt. I am pretty sure there was another butt smack at some point. But none of it left a mark, and I doubt it even hurt. More of a "shock" them back to reality.

If you use closed fists, hit anywhere other then butt or hand, use your full strength, use an object, etc then it crosses the line IMHO. Also, if you need to "whoop" your kid more then a few times in their life then *you* are the one that needs to learn how to be an adult and grow up!

My best friends father was abusive. He would beat her and her brother and sisters if even a sip of milk or slice of bread was "missing" (they weren't allowed to eat unless he allowed it... If he wasn't home all day, oh well). By beat I mean make them take off their clothes and than whip them with a belt full force, punch the brother, smack the bottom of their feet extremely hard, etc. He also raped two of the girls (one of which was his OWN blood daughter who was 6 when it started) and the one he didn't (my BFF) he didn't because she was "ugly, disgusting, gross" and many other things a person should never call someone else let alone a parent to a child. NOW THAT IS SOMETHHING THAT SCARS FOR LIFE... NOT A BOP ON THE BUTT!
False dichotomy. They both leave results, but to different extents and in different ways. Defending one by pointing out something worse, when its not a choice between A or B only, is no defense at all.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:56 AM

866 posts, read 629,728 times
[quote=Gcs15;36555421]I don't see the problem with a smack on the butt once in a while. There is a huge difference between beating a child out of anger and a smack on the bottom.

jim: All Hitters say that! My dad and mom would have said that! They will find virtually any EXCUSE to condone their mindless VIOLENCE against helpless Victims! But I can see that any attempt to show these Hitters how WRONG they are is utterly futile since ALL hitters are completely entrenched in their vile behavior and will NEVER accept that they are harming a child so long as the angry Hitter is getting their own NEEDS FOR REVENGE AND ANGER RELEASING MET! Thank God for CPS!

OP: My daughter (who was 3 at the time) hit our Saint Bernard because "she slobbers on her"... I swatted her on the butt.

jim: So hitting your kid because she hit something else is teaching her what? To fear you MORE than slobber??? You hit her because you got ANGRY at her!

OP: When she reached to touch the hot stove after I spent five mins explaining its dangerous and can cause serious "boo boos"... She got a swat on the butt.

jim: Same thing here! After your long lecture about the stove and then she apparently defied you by reaching for it, you LASHED OUT IN ANGRY HUMILIATION to get REVENGE! ["How dare she defy and HUMILIATE ME - WHACK!"] All that teaches your kid is to FEAR YOU more than the stove! Plus, it gave you an opportunity to take a little REVENGE for the times when others HUMILIATED you in the past.

OP: I am pretty sure there was another butt smack at some point. But none of it left a mark, and I doubt it even hurt. More of a "shock" them back to reality.

jim: LOL, all ABUSERS use the same moronic logic: It didn't hurt, she deserved it, it left NO mark, I wasn't angry, it was just to "shock" her, to get their attention, they can't be reasoned with and on and on with more and more mindless excuses and "reasons" to COVER UP the Abuser's real intentions: to INTIMIDATE and CONTROL their helpless victim with FEAR alone! I wonder what CPS would have to say about your "smacks" and "no marks" style of parenting? I wonder what your helpless little Victim would say about your violent and FEARFUL style of parenting? I was always more AFRAID of my parent's wrath than any other thing in life!

OP: If you use closed fists, hit anywhere other then butt or hand, use your full strength, use an object, etc then it crosses the line IMHO. Also, if you need to "whoop" your kid more then a few times in their life then *you* are the one that needs to learn how to be an adult and grow up!

jim: For me, the funniest thing of all is how some Abusers come up with all kinds of judgements about what is OK and does or doesn't "cross the line" and that their fellow Abusers should and should not do and then tell them about learning how to be an adult and grow up, etc. as though the preaching Abuser is wiser, kinder, saner and BETTER than other Abusers. It's the "Projection" game where we see our own faults in others BUT NOT IN OUR SELF!

OP: My best friends father was abusive. He would beat her and her brother and sisters if even a sip of milk or slice of bread was "missing" (they weren't allowed to eat unless he allowed it... If he wasn't home all day, oh well). By beat I mean make them take off their clothes and than whip them with a belt full force, punch the brother, smack the bottom of their feet extremely hard, etc. He also raped two of the girls (one of which was his OWN blood daughter who was 6 when it started) and the one he didn't (my BFF) he didn't because she was "ugly, disgusting, gross" and many other things a person should never call someone else let alone a parent to a child. NOW THAT IS SOMETHHING THAT SCARS FOR LIFE... NOT A BOP ON THE BUTT!

jim: All Abusers say that their "bop" on the butt (or HAND!!) is NOT as bad as such and such by other Abusers! Ask your own kid how "good or bad" it is to be bopped on the hand! How would you, or any Abuser, know what scars a person for life until AFTER you've broken their finger? All Abusers look at the dirty work of other Abusers and shake their heads in dismay, like my ignorant parents did, as though their own style of abuse is A-OK and will never SCAR their own little Victim like that other HORRIBLE Abuser did. I sure would love to see CPS come and examine you and your UN-SCARRED kids - especially the kid's HANDS.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:07 AM

866 posts, read 629,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I'm grateful I never had to. My parents didn't use corporal punishment, on any of their seven children.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:11 AM

5,340 posts, read 4,427,425 times
closed for moderator review
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:51 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,851 times
Thanks Ludja. This thread, like other "whooping" or "spanking" threads, will not be reopened due to the volatility of the subject in this Forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting