Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:35 PM

1,693 posts, read 1,531,251 times

Advertisements

New York mom charged with child endangerment after hiring strippers to perform lap dances at her 16-year-old son's birthday party, police say * - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,766,193 times
Dear Lord, a turtle has more common sense. She's obviously a clueless idiot. But what about the other adults at the party. Did no one think to tell the mom that this was out of line ? No one thought to tell the strippers to leave, to call the police, to call the stripper's office and tell them that children were present ?

They grumbled about it but stayed anyway?. Is the whole set of family and friends a pack of fools ?

Do the math, mom is 33, which means she had her son at 17. She was sexualized early and is bringing up her son in the same manner. I suppose it would be too much to expect that there will be no more mid- teen parenthood.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,731,042 times
What a moron. I saw this on the news and they were saying there were children there as young as 13 years old.

If my child had been at that party, the cops would have been the LEAST of this "mother's" worries!!!!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
It's one thing what she did to her own son, the news said the strippers were doing lap dances on the children. It sounds like she's got some mental issues, maybe is a pedophile herself.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
You would think even if the mom didn't have any sense, the strippers would realize those were children and refuse to perform.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:21 AM

885 posts, read 1,882,486 times
This is what happens when kids have kids. Big surprise. We live in a filthy world for sure.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:06 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,918,888 times
I was going to take my son and a few friends to Dave & Busters for his 14th birthday. I guess I'll never live up to this mom and her party!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:21 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,193,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
This is what happens when kids have kids. Big surprise. We live in a filthy world for sure.
The problem is having inappropriate sexual boundaries regarding children, which parents of all ages can have. This has nothing to do with being a young mother. I'm also shocked that the dancers performed -- they were unaware the children were underage? Right. Who was in charge of checking ID?

Last edited by thethreefoldme; 02-21-2013 at 06:30 AM..

Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Do the math, mom is 33, which means she had her son at 17. She was sexualized early and is bringing up her son in the same manner. I suppose it would be too much to expect that there will be no more mid- teen parenthood.
I was going to bring the same thing up. She was just a kid when she had her son. I work in a hospital so I see it all the time, young moms that are just kids themselves having kids, or sometimes even having a second or third kid. We have a girl that work here that was 14 when she had her first son. She ended up getting married to her husband and they have been together for the past 23 years. Yup she is only 37 and has a 23 year old son. Imagine that. They also have a 16 year old daughter. My coworkers situation is far from usual in todays world. No she didn't get married when she was 14. They remained together and ended up getting married later on. I bring that up because of this: She mentioned how close she is to her son and that she is closer to him than she is her daughter. She told me that it was like growing up with a little brother because being so young she could not make decisions that more mature parents could make. It worked out for her, her husband, and kids, but as we can see from the story the majority of the time that just is not the case.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,193,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I was going to bring the same thing up. She was just a kid when she had her son. I work in a hospital so I see it all the time, young moms that are just kids themselves having kids, or sometimes even having a second or third kid. We have a girl that work here that was 14 when she had her first son. She ended up getting married to her husband and they have been together for the past 23 years. Yup she is only 37 and has a 23 year old son. Imagine that. They also have a 16 year old daughter. My coworkers situation is far from usual in todays world. No she didn't get married when she was 14. They remained together and ended up getting married later on. I bring that up because of this: She mentioned how close she is to her son and that she is closer to him than she is her daughter. She told me that it was like growing up with a little brother because being so young she could not make decisions that more mature parents could make. It worked out for her, her husband, and kids, but as we can see from the story the majority of the time that just is not the case.
Um... Are people really suggesting the majority of teen mothers will allow their children & their friends to have strippers at the age of sixteen simply because this one did? That's like reading an article about a pedophile priest & assuming that the majority of priests are pedophiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting