Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 12:18 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,216,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
She has to know that I know she's just telling me what I want to hear. " Look, I've thought about what I said that night and I was wrong to say it so I apologize( she should apologize to him). I know that we've only had a few positive weeks, but they've been very good weeks and I don't see the need for counseling. We've obviously found a recipe for success in these last few weeks and this shouldn't be a problem as long as we keep doing what we're doing. ( about our son) " sure he's a pain sometimes but he's my pain and I love him *giggles*. I think its great what you two are doing"
Did you tell her she should?

Old 07-17-2013, 12:21 PM

818 posts, read 857,552 times
yes and she did

Old 07-17-2013, 12:47 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
I believe the tone of your posts has changed Irish. For better or worse, you don't sound as though you respect your wife now (ie: giggles). I get that it's easy to vent online, and it can be helpful too, but perhaps it's time to stop looking for validation here, and concentrate on saving your marriage, if that's indeed what you want.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
..." sure he's a pain sometimes but he's my pain and I love him *giggles*. I think its great what you two are doing"
This says to me that she still views you as the "narc" in the relationship, so to speak.

"He's my pain ... ?" She's taking sides against you, and completely unwilling to face the reality of your situation.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:52 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
funny how she thinks "it's great what you two are doing!" but yet refuses to be a part of it. Irish, just how much patronizing has to go over your head before you realize she's not the damn bit interested in your feelings? Just keep the dinners and gifts flowing. You don't seem to understand anything else. Save yourself the trouble and expense of the therapy and just accept your lot in life.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:55 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,344,393 times
Quote:
She has to know that I know she's just telling me what I want to hear. " Look, I've thought about what I said that night and I was wrong to say it so I apologize( she should apologize to him). I know that we've only had a few positive weeks, but they've been very good weeks and I don't see the need for counseling. We've obviously found a recipe for success in these last few weeks and this shouldn't be a problem as long as we keep doing what we're doing. ( about our son) " sure he's a pain sometimes but he's my pain and I love him *giggles*. I think its great what you two are doing"

So she doesn't see herself as any part of any solution, judging by that statement. What exactly does she think the 2 of you are doing?

Old 07-18-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
What exactly does she think the 2 of you are doing?
I'm guessing the CC and guesthouse

Old 07-18-2013, 07:21 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,344,393 times
Quote:
I'm guessing the CC and guesthouse
So she thinks it's all about your son growing up and disregarding what she wants him to do? Or am I missing something? Oh my...

Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
funny how she thinks "it's great what you two are doing!" but yet refuses to be a part of it. Irish, just how much patronizing has to go over your head before you realize she's not the damn bit interested in your feelings? Just keep the dinners and gifts flowing. You don't seem to understand anything else. Save yourself the trouble and expense of the therapy and just accept your lot in life.
terrible advice and I hope you are being facetious.
Yes OP's tone has changed drastically. One word answers. Did all the criticism hurt your feelings? make you regret this entire reaching out for help? Some of us are really trying to help with what limited information we have. We all realize there are two sides to every story and we are only getting one side but you sound defeated. you are way too young to give up on happiness.It's sad when people don't fight for the right to fulfill their potential. You almost seem to think 36 is old, in fact you said you are too old to find love again. that simply is not true.
Please answer our questions about seeking legal advice. Will you go to attorney to find out how to protect yourself and your son?

Old 07-18-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
One word answers. Some of us are really trying to help with what limited information we have.
Please answer our questions about seeking legal advice. Will you go to attorney to find out how to protect yourself and your son?
As for the short answers, I only keep my answers short because, and I'm being serious, it would take a very long time to type the answer I would give you, so I keep them short and sweet. The legal advice is hard to deal with. I have a prenuptial agreement. For me going to an attorney's office would be painful and she has said she doesn't want a divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting