Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:54 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,714 times

Advertisements

Since the school year is close to over(I'm assuming), I'd see nothing wrong with involving the principal in a meeting now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
What the teacher did is WRONG WRONG WRONG!

So what if your kid would not do a good job! Even better for the other kids to see this and see they did not make the best choice - a learning experience for everyone. Reality!

And a learning experience for your daughter. If she did not do the job good, then she would learn they will not vote for her next time around. Or perhaps she will learn a bit of responsibility having such a position.

I would have marched down there with a quickness and insisted she be placed on the student council. I would also threaten legal action!

I would also suggest the teacher take a few lessons in the difference between democracy and dictatorships!

Here is some good info for you...
Electoral fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dictatorship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-01-2013, 12:35 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post
You absolutely need to speak to the teacher! When you call the teacher I wouldn't tell her what you were told right off the bat.....that will put her in defensive mode. I would just tell her that your daughter came home upset after the elections and you were wondering if she could tell you if she knew what happened or why your daughter was so upset. Once you hear her version then you can take it from there.
Definitely do this.. You will find out more and you will be in a better position to help your dd.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:56 PM

5 posts, read 6,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
I can't even believe you're asking SHOULD you speak to the teacher or principal about this. Any parent would have been on the phone or at the school that very day. When did this even happen? The school year is just about over, why would they be voting on student council members?
It happened Friday (yesterday) so when I found out I called the school but the teacher had left for the day. I was furious just thinking of my daughter crying in class and what she must have felt. I am going to speak to them on Monday.
They vote now for for next school year when she'll be in 5th grade.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
This may sound strange, but I think you should get the story from some other kids. Do you have any friends with kids in that class? I'd be curious to see how the rest of the class interpreted it. Then I would call the teacher and ask what happened. You will probably get a different story than your child gave you. Then I would take it up with the principal. If the other kids have supporting stories, I'd ask those parents to call the principal too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting