Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,856 times

Advertisements

I am at my witts end. My 5 year old has tantrums that last for hours. She says she wishes I wasnt her mother, she doesnt like me, etc. I try and ignore it but that doesnt work. She is violent toward her sister... my baby and I am afraid something is going on. She also just does destructive things like ruin furniture dvds etc when im not looking. She is also using very sexual actions like cuddling with boys, talking about sex etc. Im afraid of what this means. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 05:25 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalyn1 View Post
I am at my witts end. My 5 year old has tantrums that last for hours. She says she wishes I wasnt her mother, she doesnt like me, etc. I try and ignore it but that doesnt work. She is violent toward her sister... my baby and I am afraid something is going on. She also just does destructive things like ruin furniture dvds etc when im not looking. She is also using very sexual actions like cuddling with boys, talking about sex etc. Im afraid of what this means. Any help would be appreciated.
Give her structure. Be firm. Ignoring her (without consequences for unacceptable behavior) is not the answer.

If she acts up, time-out (no video games/TV/music/phone....only books). She has to stay there until she calms down. Don't cave. Do not give her what she wants if she hasn't earned it with good behavior.

If the behavior doesn't improve you might think about seeing a clinician or licensed counselor, or better yet, start with your pastor and/or children's minister if you are a church-going person.

Blessings and Hang In there!

Old 08-12-2013, 05:33 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,357,458 times
Good grief! You're afraid of what this means?!?!? If a 5 year old is acting out sexually, they are being molested. Do not leave her alone with ANYBODY and get her some professional help immediately. Have her examined by her pediatrician and then get started with a therapist. Then find out who is molesting her and have them arrested. I don't care if it's your husband or your boyfriend or your sister. Press charges and have them arrested.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:06 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Your daughter is exhibiting a lot of the signs of sexual abuse. Her anger toward you may be rooted in her belief that you are not protecting her from it. This site has a lot of information that may help.

Signs Of Child Molestation

Old 08-17-2013, 09:08 AM

44 posts, read 64,382 times
Assuming this is not a deeper issue such as molestation or involving a divorce, I would not spare the rod. Firm spanking on the butt cures many problems.

I say this as an expert having raised 9 kids (all biological).

Old 08-17-2013, 09:14 AM

1,780 posts, read 3,932,096 times
Please don't punish your child just because she is having emotional problems. The responses advising you to get her some help are right on... get her checked out by your doctor and a psychiatrist. NOW.

Last edited by JoanD'Arc; 08-17-2013 at 09:27 AM..

Old 08-18-2013, 01:04 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
If your other child is a baby, you MUST protect that baby. And by baby, I mean 4 or under, especially 3 and under! Any age!

Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Your daughter is exhibiting a lot of the signs of sexual abuse. Her anger toward you may be rooted in her belief that you are not protecting her from it. This site has a lot of information that may help.

Signs Of Child Molestation
Absolutely agree.

Punishing her might drive the behavior underground, but it won't relieve the underlying cause... and could make it worse.

Talk to a professional. Don't put it off.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:03 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Good grief! You're afraid of what this means?!?!? If a 5 year old is acting out sexually, they are being molested. Do not leave her alone with ANYBODY and get her some professional help immediately. Have her examined by her pediatrician and then get started with a therapist. Then find out who is molesting her and have them arrested. I don't care if it's your husband or your boyfriend or your sister. Press charges and have them arrested.
This for sure! Get her help!!!!

Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Well assuming this is a true story, I would say take her to a doctor right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting