Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:07 PM

1,237 posts, read 1,949,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstep View Post
What are y'all charging your non-student kids rent to live at home? Mine works but is pretty cheap. When the topic comes up I think he feels we own him a place to stay. IDK. What say you?
I can only speak for myself, but I lived with my parents on and off over the course of a few years after I got divorced roughly between the ages of 29-33. Even though the house was quite large, it was unbearable for me. My father is a very intrusive person. He'd take and open my mail, go through my drawers and take socks & boxer shorts, etc. As far as rent, I paid them around $500/month to stay in my old bedroom. I only agreed to live with them because they claimed they wanted to move to their home in Florida permanently in a year or two, and would continue to rent the house to me since it was willed to me anyway.

Things didn't work out that way though, as my parents divorced and my dad found a gold digger who he's about to stupidly marry. I imagine she'll wind up with the house. My father and I no longer speak because she forbids him to have any contact with me or anyone else who disapproves of her (virtually everyone in our family). I hope she gets Lou Gehrig's disease.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:07 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,568 times
This thread continues to veer off-topic, hence its closure.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting