Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank morgan View Post
Sad indeed. Let's talk about the me first attitude you spoke of. It's those who think the world revolves around their child that is of the me first attitude. How much more selfish can you get than to dictate the menu and behavior of others? That takes a lot of nerve. Be responsible for yours, and I'll be responsible for mine. Simple as that. What's so selfish about not bending to YOUR personal rules? In my house, peanuts are permitted. In my family, we aren't concerned about peanut oil or residue on our hands, or where we eat it. It doesn't matter what you think of that. It really doesn't matter at all to me what you think of that.
So, what about a school environment such as the cafeteria where 30 kids are sitting next to one another? What happens then? How about a classroom party where everyone is passing out treats?

Please, give the perfect solution. The world is waiting for those with the perfect answer.

Oh, yeah, EVERYONE BUT YOU is responsible.

That's a GREAT philosophy.

If you don't have the allergy, there is no need to be concerned.

What about families who do?

Who cares what you do in your own private home? BUt if you send your kids to school or any sort of activity that has children + food, be prepared to make MINOR adjustments. If you don't want to, just become hermits & create your own society that revolves around your way of thinking.
What an egotistical remark to make. I feel sorry for your children if you have any. What a role model you make

Last edited by 121804; 10-15-2008 at 02:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 03:35 PM

29 posts, read 56,051 times
Quote:
Sad indeed. Let's talk about the me first attitude you spoke of. It's those who think the world revolves around their child that is of the me first attitude. How much more selfish can you get than to dictate the menu and behavior of others? That takes a lot of nerve. Be responsible for yours, and I'll be responsible for mine. Simple as that. What's so selfish about not bending to YOUR personal rules? In my house, peanuts are permitted. In my family, we aren't concerned about peanut oil or residue on our hands, or where we eat it. It doesn't matter what you think of that. It really doesn't matter at all to me what you think of that.

Now, for the threat. If you even think for a second that you would be standing upright after knocking out the teeth of ANYBODY close to me, or anybody else for that matter, you're sadly mistaken.

What goes around, comes around. Your attitude needs adjusting.
Such a Neolithic thinking people. I don't think anyone can reason with you and 925mine. I think you two should hook-up. Start your own club peanut bashing web page. Can't you two say anything intelligible? I have seen your comments about peanuts on other threads..... Wait I get it. You two just troll the threads with anything PEANUTS in it and start a chain reaction of comments. You do this just for fun. Sad. I feel bad for you two. Your life must really suck. I have one word for you. BULLY. Have a nice day.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:32 PM

20 posts, read 44,181 times
Thank you to everyone here who is willing to do what they can, to help keep allergic children safe at school. As a mom who lives in fear everyday, its caring people like you, who help me feel a little better about my son going to school. Before the allergy was diagnosed in my home, I always watched what my daughter took to school because of the other children. And for those 6-7 hours, its really not that tough. Its alot harder when its 24 hours, but we have found so many things we still can eat. Again thank you all so much.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:10 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Our daughter has a child who is allergic to dairy products. The school, and all the parents, were just great about how to keep her child safe in the school environment.
There was enough on there to make everyone happy.
She even made a rice crispy treat ( with the non dairy butter) that was an extreme hit with the kids.
Everyone should care, and in this case they did. It was easy enough......there are some crackers, pretzels, jellos, and other fun foods for all to enjoy.
On birthdays she brings her child his own cake that doesn't have dairy.
Its not easy at all for the Moms........and they wouldn't choose this fate. But, its caring people who make the World go round.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:34 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
The world does not revolve around my kids, far from it. How hard can it be for you not to send your demon seed to school without peanuts?

I am sure your kids will be fantastic contributors to our society. Maybe one day, my kids will give your kids a job. But remember, no peanuts at work.

Quote:

Now, for the threat. If you even think for a second that you would be standing upright after knocking out the teeth of ANYBODY close to me, or anybody else for that matter, you're sadly mistaken.

What goes around, comes around. Your attitude needs adjusting.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:04 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
The world does not revolve around my kids, far from it. How hard can it be for you not to send your demon seed to school without peanuts?

I am sure your kids will be fantastic contributors to our society. Maybe one day, my kids will give your kids a job. But remember, no peanuts at work.
"Demon seed"? Wow, you're getting a bit nasty here, don't you think? Peanut issue aside, I think that comment was very telling of your attitude as a whole.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
"Demon seed"? Wow, you're getting a bit nasty here, don't you think? Peanut issue aside, I think that comment was very telling of your attitude as a whole.
I think the atitude of theS5 was already told by previous posts. This is a person who has compassion for ALL children. That is a wonderful attribute in a person.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut mom View Post
I think the atitude of theS5 was already told by previous posts. This is a person who has compassion for ALL children. That is a wonderful attribute in a person.
Right. Because calling someone else's child a "demon seed" is so very compassionate.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Right. Because calling someone else's child a "demon seed" is so very compassionate.
The comment was directed at the parent not the child. The child would be the seed (offspring) to a very uncaring demon like person. This person doesn't care about putting childrens lives in danger so why should anything nice be said about them.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:27 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Peanut mom,
Thank you for your kind comments. You hit the nail on the head regarding my meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut mom View Post
The comment was directed at the parent not the child. The child would be the seed (offspring) to a very uncaring demon like person. This person doesn't care about putting childrens lives in danger so why should anything nice be said about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting