Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 05:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
In today's world, triplets are a dime a dozen. I personally know 2 women who have triplets. It's really not that special anymore. Doubt she'll get free anything!
Triplets are not so common out here any more. Most docs will only implant two embryos if the woman won't agree to a reduction to two later on. That mom will get some formula, if she doesn't qualify for some other type of food aid, e.g. food stamps or WIC.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 05-08-2014 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 05:42 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
She does look amazing for both her age and just giving birth to three babies!

Old 05-08-2014, 06:14 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
For all the shamers that want to shame women for having sex, you don't deserve to have it. It takes two. If you shame the women, you shouldn't be sleeping with them. Being 47 in itself is generally a form of birth control. She had good reason to believe those parts were not functioning. If you were a catholic, you certainly would've shamed her if she had used a condom. So in a financial planning aspect, it is very reasonable that she was not planning to have children at that age. Does that entitle her to a bailout? No, however, the morons that would have shamed her for birth control, shamed her if she had an abortion, should not also shame her for not having a million bucks saved up to provide for additional children if she happens to have a shockingly fertile reproductive system for her age. The ignorance is unreal.

Wow, what a shock to my Mother and my Grandmother who were pregnant at the same time, twice...

Old 05-08-2014, 06:41 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,902,468 times
When I read the OP, I thought for sure it would be with the help of IVF and this was a real possibility she should've planned for but no... congrats to her and hope she gets help.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:41 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,183,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
god what a cold crowd.
I'm noticing that too. I don't know if people were ALWAYS cold, callous a54holes, or if the anonymous nature of the internet is just bringing them out of the woodwork. And these are the same people that say government should NEVER help folks, all these benevolent "good people" out there should instead help people. But look how people think!

Old 05-08-2014, 06:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,206,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
I'm noticing that too. I don't know if people were ALWAYS cold, callous a54holes, or if the anonymous nature of the internet is just bringing them out of the woodwork. And these are the same people that say government should NEVER help folks, all these benevolent "good people" out there should instead help people. But look how people think!
You know, I'm a very generous person. If this person worked at my kid's school, or went to my church, or lived in my neighborhood, I would absolutely buy her a box of diapers or something similar. I'm not cold or uncaring. This particular situation just didn't speak to me the way it apparently did NK.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:55 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
Oh good grief, no one here is being cold or callous. They are merely stating that it is unbelieveable that the babies were not found during the sonograms and should not have been "unexpected". They are also stating that no one but the father of these children and the woman's family should be expected to give her anything at all. Also, at the age of 47 that is no guarantee that one cannot become pregnant so it is blatantly obvious that this woman does not know her own body, know how the reproductive system works or what happens before, during and after menopause.

We donate where we choose and we feel there are other more important causes to donate to which does not include a 47 year old woman who appears to be completely clueless when it comes to life in general, let alone responsible sexual activity.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:27 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,920,991 times
Quote:
What happened to the Quote button?

The reading comprehension on this thread is unreal. I never said the American people or products manufacturers should send gifts, had to send gifts, needed to send gifts and "keep her in diapers, ...etc". I NEVER MADE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO. I SIMPLY SAID "i HOPE...". I never said she should "automatically should be entitled..."

As far as I know she has not asked for any help and probably doesn't expect any. Apparently I send more anonymous gifts to others than most here. Fine. You might make more contributions to churches or other worthy causes. Fine. You may not give anything at all. Fine.
I want to send this woman a small gift like I send gifts to people almost every week. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the same way.
Congrats on being a superior person! You can claim your prize tomorrow. The rest of us will crawl back into our caves of inferiority now. Thanks for the reminder of the coldheartedness that is just buried inside of me, noKudzu

Old 05-08-2014, 09:38 PM

158 posts, read 228,632 times
Quote:
I hope the American public and baby products manufacturers step up to help this woman. She seems to have a positive attitude but still 3 unexpected babies at this stage will bring some real challenges. Anybody know of any fund raisers for her?

47-year-old mom and "surprise" triplets head home from Miami hospital - CBS News
Just curious, are these three boys or two boys and a girl or two girls and a boy? From their names, I can't tell. Triplets are most often 2 boys and a girl. I think that might be the case here. 'Denere' may be a girl's name.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:57 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyJo View Post
Just curious, are these three boys or two boys and a girl or two girls and a boy? From their names, I can't tell. Triplets are most often 2 boys and a girl. I think that might be the case here. 'Denere' may be a girl's name.
This article says she has all boys. Miami woman, 47, gives birth to triplets after naturally conceiving | Mail Online

Since my girlfriend has triplet boys, I went searching for the odds and found the following:

The Odds: Gender Edition | Tips On Triplets

The odds of having 3 boys or 3 girls is 12.5% each and 2 boys/1 girl or 2 girls/1 boy are 37.5% each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting