Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 01:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Larry Bird has a child he doesn't the care of, and doesn't want to acknowledge, he just pays the child support and is done with it.
That's still really crappy. These completely fatherless children are the victims here. And I have a feeling that the amount of money that Larry Bird is paying goes a lot further than the money this guy plans on paying.
Quote:
Don't beat the guy up. At least he is willing to pay support. Nothing says you have to claim the child. Hey some times BC effs up. The woman chose to keep the child, he is choosing not to be involved in the kid's life. Totally his right.
Can you imagine how much better the world would be if everyone actually took responsibility for themselves and thought of how their actions affected others?

Old 11-02-2014, 01:12 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,357,458 times
There is also the possibility that once you see/hold that little mini-you in your arms, you'll fall in love and want to be a part of his life. Just because you had a bad father does not mean that you'll be one. You at least know what not to do - whatever your father did to you.

At least give yourself the chance to see how you feel once he is born. You can be a regular part of his life without giving up that much freedom. Presumably you have a job with X number of vacation weeks for you to do your traveling. The rest of the time you can be around and part of his life.

I'm just saying, wait until your son (try those words on for size - Your son, YOUR SON)) is born and then see how you feel about it.

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMOS99 View Post
Yes, I'm sure that's hard but I offered to pay for the abortion and in the end she didn't do it. I'm not using it against her but she also made a choice.
And you made the choice to have sex with her in the first place. Surely you understand how babies are made?

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:

Of course I'll sign the birth certificate if he's mine and I'll pay CS. I don't want him to go through any difficulties. But I'm not sure I want anything else to do with him apart from sending the money. It's a big responsability, I'm not good with children and I don't thing I would be that good to him.

I've discussed this with her and she just said it's my decision. However, she expects I won't come and go like the child is a toy. I assured her I won't if I decide to stay away.

I'm really not sure what to do...no one in my family knows about the baby.
It was a big responsibility when you decided to have a sexual relationship with this woman.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:13 PM

34 posts, read 53,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Do what you want but you need to decide.I'm pretty sure your child's mother is heartbroken.
Why? We never got serious and I made no promises to her. This just happened.

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
I'm 34 and don't consider myself immature.
Dude, honestly grow up. You are 34 and taking flings with women in my age group . Here I am thinking you are in the 24-26 range. You know, the time when men do crazy shyt and end up in stuff like this. Honestly, you have passed that level. You are a fully grown man, and can take up responsibilities to be a parent. There is so much guidance available nowadays.

277 posts, read 327,966 times
Growing up without a father really sucks.

You mentioned you " are sure she'll find someone to take the boy as his own ". You've got to be kidding me.

Most men have no interest in raising children that are not theirs. A great deal of child abuse comes at the hands of step-fathers towards boys and girls alike. The stepfather is interested in the mother - not the kids.

You have a responsibility to this child. Do the right thing.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:16 PM

34 posts, read 53,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
That's still really crappy. These completely fatherless children are the victims here. And I have a feeling that the amount of money that Larry Bird is paying goes a lot further than the money this guy plans on paying.
How do you know. I plan to pay a nice amount like I've said, probably much more than what the court will decide.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:17 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Not that Im on the OPs side, but the mother also holds some responsibility here. If she didnt want a child, she shouldnt have slept with this guy, and let him rely on birth control.

edited to say, after re reading the first post, Im not sure who was responsible for birth control. Seems to me, tho, that was up to her whether she slept with this guy or not.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:17 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,405 times
Well to all those "it's a woman's body she can do what she wants" morons, this is the flip side. How does it feel? He has the choice here, he chose not to. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting