Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 09:35 PM

38 posts, read 25,957 times

Advertisements

i would advise my son to do a 180 out the door if any gun activities were going on in the date's house. i mean if the date is being that coddled that late into adolesence she'll have to be coddled all her life...lol no...my son wants a SELF SUFFICIENT woman you know one who can make DECISIONS FOR HERSELF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 09:36 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Well .... there is a natural disparity, whether you are willing to accept it or not. The young man can walk away from a pregnancy. The young woman cannot.
So teach your daughters how to use birth control.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
So much false outrage, good lord. Same folks that complain that the PC crap is out of hand and we're raising a nation of wussies.
Huh?

Old 10-23-2015, 10:05 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Huh?
If folks couldn't tell that was an obvious joke, perhaps they're wound a bit tight, that's all. Just another thread of people pissed off for no reason except to be pissed off about something.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
If folks couldn't tell that was an obvious joke, perhaps they're wound a bit tight, that's all. Just another thread of people pissed off for no reason except to be pissed off about something.
I CAN tell that it was an obvious joke. That doesn't mean I have to like it or find it humorous.

I've listed my reasons for being annoyed with this and other like-minded jokes.

Next time I see you arguing about something on CD I'll gently remind you that no one should be pissed off for any reason.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:54 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,372,544 times
Quote:
And how do you know that the boy would be forcing her? That's quite an assumption, don't you think?
Who said I was assuming anything?

How do you know that all teenaged girls are willing sexual participants? That's quite an assumption, too.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Who said I was assuming anything?

How do you know that all teenaged girls are willing sexual participants? That's quite an assumption, too.
I never made that assumption.

But you are assuming all teen boys are would-be rapists of pure as the driven snow virgin teen girls. It seems that most who are okay with this show of male superiority over their female children don't understand that women enjoy and seek out sex just as much as men do.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:26 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,372,544 times
Quote:
I never made that assumption.

But you are assuming all teen boys are would-be rapists of pure as the driven snow virgin teen girls. It seems that most who are okay with this show of male superiority over their female children don't understand that women enjoy and seek out sex just as much as men do.
You are hilarious. You have no idea what my relationship is with my daughter, but you sure are prepared to judge it, aren't you?

I am not assuming ANYTHING about teenaged boy behavior. I only have to look at the published research. This page sums it up pretty well, although the citations aren't as current as I would like:

http://www.clotheslineproject.org/te...lencefacts.pdf

There is plenty more information out there that all shows the same ugly truth. To summarize:
  • Girls and young women between the ages of 16 and 24 experience the highest rate of intimate partner violence, almost triple the national average.
  • Approximately 1 in 5 female high school students report being physically and/or sexually abused by a dating partner.
  • Half of the reported date rapes occur among teenagers.
  • 58% of rape victims report being raped between the ages of 12-24.
Need I go on?

Rape culture really exists in this country, and it starts in high school. But when I propose that I should attempt to protect my daughter from this horrific reality, you declare that I am trying to "own" her body or show off my male superiority. Not true. I'm acting like ... (gasp) ... a father.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:44 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
It's not the joke. Which is a stupid joke, but I mean, it's just a joke.

It's the whole mentality.

You don't own your daughter.
Your daughter is not (hopefully) a freakin' mindless idiot with no will of her own.
All boys are not predators.
The message is that women are weak, defenseless, need a man to protect them from themselves and other men...is both stupid and undermines your daughter's confidence and how she sees herself as a participant of society.

This whole daddy-daughter thing is creepy and stupid.
People react to this joke bc it is more of the same nonsense.

Please Don't Threaten My Son For Dating Your Daughter*|*Kasey Ferris

Old 10-24-2015, 08:47 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Clearly you are not a father.

First of all, the picture was a joke (and a pretty funny one at that).

Finally, protecting your child has nothing to do with ownership and property. Until my daughter turns 18 I am legally and morally responsible for her safety. Even when she is out on a date. I've been a teenaged boy, so I have an idea what's going on in their heads.
Were you a rapist or did your thoughts stay where they should? In your head?

You want to persecute all teenage boys for what's in their heads?

For real?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting