Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Family Law Courts in your state recognize Parental Alienation?
Malicious Parent Syndrome 0 0%
Borderline Personality Disorder 0 0%
Narcissistic Co-Parent 1 100.00%
Hostile Aggressive Parenting 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 10:55 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunflowerCanary View Post
The "fake" letter was generated by my ex-wife & her sister, then submitted to the Judge as an exhibit for a court appearance, but the letter is all one falsehood after another. Parents that want to be with their kids, especially the non-custodial ones like myself, go through a lot of hell when co-parenting with one's ex is near impossible. The story in the "fake" letter is just that, a story for the Judge, in an attempt to re-write history to favor mother's desires. My agreement with my ex (& our son) was that we were to NEVER put him in the middle of our disputes. I ran for a government seat once & it was absolutely incredible how quick people were to bash me after my ex gave numerous negative interviews to the media. She could of just said nothing that would harm my possible future employment, but she felt it was okay to broadcast our divorce issues & brought our son's name up. I would like to believe that World Peace is a possibility, but so far I can't get peace from my ex 'cause I still care about my son & want to see him.
You seem to be avoiding the questions I asked. Please answer those. Does your son deny to you that he wrote or signed that document?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:53 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
I don't understand what the poll is even asking.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:32 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
Poll makes no sense but I thought the current expert view was the theory of parental alienation was very poorly thought-out and is used to cover real abuse and so Courts and social workers are trying to move away from its use.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
I don't understand what the poll is even asking.
He is asking if the courts in people's jurisdictions recognize parental alienation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_alienation) syndrome as a valid means of changing custody agreements.

I think the OP believes that the mother is unduly influencing the son against his father. I'm guessing he doesn't believe the sons true interest lies in what the son says he wants to do, since he believes the son is being psychologically manipulated by his mother.

In this case, since the son is almost 18 and an adult, the courts would probably give a large consideration to the son's testimony in terms of who he really wanted to be with.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:57 PM

Here's a fascinating article on how PAS works:

PAS Help - Parents Who Have Successfully Fought Parental Alienation Syndrome - by Jayne A. Major, Ph.D.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
If I were in the summer between HS and graduation I probably wouldn't want to switch households, either, tbh. At that time one's mine is often on friends, girlfriend/boyfriend, and job to save up for school, all of which are probably in the vicinity of the kid's current residence.

I assume dad doesn't live in the immediate area, if he's not on a more regular visitation schedule.

Old 09-11-2019, 12:48 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,946 times
For all those that do not understand "Parental Alienation" I suggest you tune into Dr Craig Childress blog for education or view his presentation on PA to the Penn. State legislature, it is truth and it is a real life tragedy for the child and the alienated parent, the child is used as a weapon of revenge and it is psychological child abuse and does great psychological harm to the child and the alienated parent. The alienator is always a narcissistic borderline personality or sociopath, it's real so be forewarned when you attempt to use your child as a weapon because it will destroy your child.

Old 09-11-2019, 02:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
And please note that the original post was written three years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting