Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 08:12 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
And you're rid of the Austistic child fathered by some genetically inferior zhlub of a thing that your Daughter got knocked up by.
Next time Ungrateful Witch gets knocked-up by some subhuman life form
OMG. This is absolutely disgusting!!!

Thank God my grandson who has Autism has loving parents and grandparents that don't see him as a subhuman inferior zhlub! In fact, I think you should be looking in the mirror at yourself!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 08:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
OMG. This is absolutely disgusting!!!

Thank God my grandson who has Autism has loving parents and grandparents that don't see him as a subhuman inferior zhlub! In fact, I think you should be looking in the mirror at yourself!!!
Boy, you sure didn't have any problem dishing out abuse to the OP earlier in this thread. But *now* you're going to throw your hands up in shock and get the vapors over Gloria's patently obvious use of exaggerated hyperbole in a post that has NOTHING at all to do with you or your family? lolol.

Hypocrisy, thy name is convextech.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:32 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,586,292 times
Wow, parts of this thread got ugly fast. But for the OP there's really nothing you can do about the daughter who disapproves. Give her space and let her know you miss her and would love to be in her life when she's ready. It may be tomorrow, it may be never but you have to let her decide. You can't control how others feel or react to things, you can only control your own actions and reactions. I bet she comes around eventually but for now you have to deal with the consequences of your actions, both good (happiness) and bad (daughter). We're not here to judge you, just to give advice that you requested.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:53 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Boy, you sure didn't have any problem dishing out abuse to the OP earlier in this thread. But *now* you're going to throw your hands up in shock and get the vapors over Gloria's patently obvious use of exaggerated hyperbole in a post that has NOTHING at all to do with you or your family? lolol.

Hypocrisy, thy name is convextech.
My opinion over whether that woman deserves the flak she's getting for cheating on her husband is *nothing* compared to someone calling an child with Autism (something THEY DIDN'T CHOOSE) subhuman. And that remark had everything to do with my family, because my grandson & niece are both Autistic.

No comparison, but thanks for playing.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:55 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,649,439 times
My son has cut me off from contact too. He is 37 and his father and I divorced, due to his father's affair, 25 years ago. He holds me responsible I think though I has in the US and his father was in Europe at the time for work.

His father disappeared from his life, though to his credit he paid child support until my son was 18. I was the one who was always there, worked three jobs to support him because of the minimal child support, advised him, stood by him, supported him.

How this happened is beyond me. He was never abused or neglected. And he knows he is the light of my life. Perhaps he inherited his father's mean nature, I have no idea.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:00 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
My opinion over whether that woman deserves the flak she's getting for cheating on her husband is *nothing* compared to someone calling an child with Autism (something THEY DIDN'T CHOOSE) subhuman. And that remark had everything to do with my family, because my grandson & niece are both Autistic.

No comparison, but thanks for playing.
you may want to go back and read the original statement- they called the FATHER subhuman- not the child- -

no comparison- but thanks for playing........

Old 09-29-2016, 09:30 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
you may want to go back and read the original statement- they called the FATHER subhuman- not the child- -

no comparison- but thanks for playing........
It is unconscionable to discuss a CHILD as something one should somehow be grateful to be rid of. And the implication of the post, intended or not, is that the OP is better off without connection to the autistic child.

I too am usually entertained type Grandview Gloria's colorful posts but agree she crossed the line on this one.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:52 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times
Hopefully, you will cut the daughter out of your life for good and not be manipulated into being used again when her support money from her dad runs out.

BTW, it is really not an adult child's business what their parents decide to do with their own personal lives after the kids become adults.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:53 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I agree that time heals all--well, most--wounds. However, I think shock and anger from the daughter are pretty normal. Her mother cheated on her father, her parents divorced, and her mother's new man is cozy in the family home. Maybe she doesn't feel her dad was such a useless lump. Maybe she wonders if her parents should have gotten married or regret having children. She may just need time. And I do think a father kicking his disabled wife out and moving his girlfriend in would be received much more coldly than the OP is.

Gloria, I usually find your posts to be entertaining, even fascinating, but I have to say this comment was just nasty. My child is autistic and I am grateful my family has never acted with the disgust you show here.
I can't imagine the reaction I would have to some new guy living in my father's house with those circumstances. With me and my brothers that new guy would NEVER feel comfortable in that house.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:00 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
I can't imagine the reaction I would have to some new guy living in my father's house with those circumstances. With me and my brothers that new guy would NEVER feel comfortable in that house.
Once you are an adult and on your own, it is none of your business how your parents decide to live their lives and whom and where they want to live with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting