Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2016, 07:36 PM

8,274 posts, read 8,670,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
My opinion over whether that woman deserves the flak she's getting for cheating on her husband is *nothing* compared to someone calling an child with Autism (something THEY DIDN'T CHOOSE) subhuman. And that remark had everything to do with my family, because my grandson & niece are both Autistic.

No comparison, but thanks for playing.
She was talking about the father of the child, NOT the child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 09:07 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,133,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You chose the affair over family, and now you must suffer the consequences.
Hope it was worth it!
Honestly, this. It seems like you want every thing on your terms and conditions. Clearly, life doesn't work that way. I think you probably gave your daughter abandonment issues. I.e. "If I'm not X enough, someone will leave me like my mom left my dad when he got sick". I also think it's telling you think your other two daughters are so well off (when one got married at 18 unless you're fudging the numbers) and she's making poor choice. I feel a good mother would want to help her instead of pointing out her flaws. TL;DR: You sound selfish, demanding in your relationships (romantic and non romantic), and judgmental.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:14 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,133,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackgo61 View Post
WOW... I never expected so many reply's to my asking for help. I do feel guilt. I know what I should have done after the fact but the man I was having the affair with was fine with me staying with my ex. He knew I felt terrible by what happened to him and I did. I guess I was just hoping i could take care of him and have a little love in my life. I was wrong. I should have divorced and then started the affair. I thought my girls were mature enough to understand seeing 18 years of their lives with my situation.
I am happy now. Extremely happy. At 55 I just now seem to know what being really loved is. My ex always thought of STUFF. Very materialistic I mean. Now i'm with a man that thinks of me. That hugs me, wants to go places with me, is proud of me, tells me everyday how much he loves me. I never had those things in my life. I am sorry about how things went down. I just hope one day my daughter will see things more clearly. I hope she takes good care of her son. As much as I resent my ex for watching me do everything for all those years and doing nothing i do hope my daughter takes care of him too. Funny thing is I didn't know he could do things until we were in the divorce court and his lawyer told him if he wanted the house he had to show the court that he could take care of it. Wouldn't you know the next day he was shoveling snow, doing laundry and cooking for himself. i was shocked to say the least. I said to him ("so you can shovel snow and cook now") he looked at me and said "I'M A MAN, I CAN DO ANYTHING") i was floored. All those years he watched me shovel snow, split wood(with a log splitter) haul wood in the house for fires to save on the gas bill, make meals, do laundry, vacuum, cut grass, tote kids everywhere, serve him his meals, cut his meat, pay the bills and work 2 jobs besides breeding dogs for 14 years and selling plants that I divided out of my gardens for a 1.00 each and painting ukrainian eggs and selling them at shows, UGH Just thinking about it baffles me. I sure couldn't do that all now. Oh well. I'm most proud of all my girls and always will be. I just hope one day my middle one will come to forgive me. Maybe she will , maybe she won't. I pray she will let me see my grandson. I miss him already. Only been 4 days but seems like an eternity. Thank you all for your opinions. Most all if not all have given me some insight. thanks.
If he was so terrible, why did you marry him? This all sounds very one sided. You were some angel and he is the devil. I bet your daughter feels this when he is brought up. I also bet you do this with your daughter who criticized in your OP.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:43 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,963,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
***ALL STOP***

So now having an affair takes courage?
No, but having an affair, and leaving the spouse for the person you're having the affair with does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
OP made the choice to start an affair instead of operating in honesty and filing the divorce first before starting a new relationship.
It's not as easy and simple as you (and others) make it sound. Like I said earlier, it's easy to be the moral police, but truly happy couples usually aren't the ones that have affairs occur.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:00 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,452,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
No, but having an affair, and leaving the spouse for the person you're having the affair with does.

It's not as easy and simple as you (and others) make it sound. Like I said earlier, it's easy to be the moral police, but truly happy couples usually aren't the ones that have affairs occur.

She didn't leave the spouse for the person she was having an affair with, she was divorced. So.....no courage involved.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:03 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,963,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
She didn't leave the spouse for the person she was having an affair with, she was divorced. So.....no courage involved.
Yes, in this case once the husband found out he made it pretty easy for her.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:42 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,342,113 times
Kids can't see clearly sometimes until they get further down the road and look back. Right or wrong, it is what it is. And it will be her choice to forgive or not to forgive what she perceives as wrong. I'd leave her alone.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:56 AM

199 posts, read 131,066 times
I think I might surprise myself with this response, but I'm not sure getting the divorce and then starting a new relationship is a better option for the ex-husband nor more moral than starting an affair and continuing to care for the husband (now ex-husband). I'm making the assumption that the ex-husband may not have been able to fulfill the OP's needs because of this stroke, if so, after 16 years of this, wouldn't staying with him and helping him through his condition while having the side thing going be a reasonable compromise? It was the daughter telling the husband that blew this potential solution up. To no longer care for the ex-husband in his condition is the bigger concern to me than whether this other relationship happened before or after a divorce. Perhaps I'm exaggerating the condition of the ex-husband.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:15 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,913,207 times
Based on the OP's additional description, her husband clearly wasn't as helpless as he made out to be.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:27 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,924,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
If he was so terrible, why did you marry him? This all sounds very one sided. You were some angel and he is the devil. I bet your daughter feels this when he is brought up. I also bet you do this with your daughter who criticized in your OP.
I could have sworn the age to post on this site was 18-my mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting