Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 10:54 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times

Advertisements

I just came back from the beach today. I saw multiple groups of teens, probably between 14-17 yr olds in different groups. Girls wearing really revealing bikinis and some making out with boys and definitely very sexually active judging by their physical actions. I know it's none of my business but as a parent myself and also I was once a teenager that I could understand this but I just thought while it's harmless. Not sure the parents of some of those teenage girls would approve of their daughter's behavior with boys at this age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 11:22 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,933,822 times
A beach today is no different then inside the 57 Chevy rear seat or the Ford Model A rumble seat of my 1931.

What ever works of the day.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:35 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,447,597 times
You can't stop those teenage hormones, never could.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:24 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,441,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I just came back from the beach today. I saw multiple groups of teens, probably between 14-17 yr olds in different groups. Girls wearing really revealing bikinis and some making out with boys and definitely very sexually active judging by their physical actions. I know it's none of my business but as a parent myself and also I was once a teenager that I could understand this but I just thought while it's harmless. Not sure the parents of some of those teenage girls would approve of their daughter's behavior with boys at this age.
So the boys making out and probably not wearing any shirts at all is ok, but darn those girls!

Old 08-20-2016, 02:02 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
So the boys making out and probably not wearing any shirts at all is ok, but darn those girls!
I disagree with this. I think women should value their bodies and not expose it for public consumption.Moderator cut: delete Parity between male and female doesn't have to be direct.

Females should respect their bodies so they don't get exploited.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-20-2016 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Let's NOT go there

Old 08-20-2016, 02:50 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,441,687 times
Quote:
I disagree with this. I think women should value their bodies and not expose it for public consumption. Parity between male and female doesn't have to be direct.

Then you shouldn't go to the beach where you can see women "exposing their bodies for public consumption," which is exactly what you were doing by looking at them. You were being a voyeur.

So stop going to the beach and looking at nearly naked teenagers. Problem solved.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-21-2016 at 07:15 AM..

Old 08-20-2016, 04:42 AM

676 posts, read 726,157 times
People should worry about them selves rather than trying to impose their moral beliefs onto others. Teenagers are going to make out and more with or with out permission, that's how it is and will always be. Whether or not their parents care doesn't matter because it's going to happen either way. Merely wearing provocative clothing which in this case is appropriate isn't going to lead to being exploited, there is more to it than that.

You can flaunt your stuff and still have high self esteem and self worth. Teenagers at that age do everything possible to grab the attention of people around them, its nothing new. It must be working because it caused you to make a thread about it. Most ppl that have low self worth and poor self esteem are usually introverted so rest assured these teens trying to get attention feel just fine about them selves even if they are being publicly consumed by prying eyes.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:59 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,329,285 times
Quote:
I disagree with this. I think women should value their bodies and not expose it for public consumption.Moderator cut: orphaned Parity between male and female doesn't have to be direct.

I totally get it. Act respectful and be respected. I think the media shifts society, and not so subtly these days. The kids mimic the stuff they see on TV. That's how they're "supposed" to behave. There came a point in life when I no longer had the desire to walk around in public dressed in what amounts to underwear (or less). Modesty goes a long ways.
Moderator cut: orphaned responseI've raised two sons and I hope and believe that they are respectful towards all people. By teaching girls "anything goes" you are not teaching them well.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-20-2016 at 01:09 PM..

Old 08-20-2016, 06:05 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
I disagree with this. I think women should value their bodies and not expose it for public consumption. Today's feminist approach with equality is lowering their self-worthiness. Parity between male and female doesn't have to be direct.

You are entitled to your opinion but when you assign value judgements I.e. "Women should value you their bodies and not expose it" you are crossing a line. Because based on what you wrote women who do show their bodies don't value them, and that is just factually wrong. Look at the women beach volleyball players. Their bodies are literally their livelihood, they value them. They are not exploited. Their uniforms are very small bikinis.

The real problem is your opinion shames women for doing something not found shameful in men, enjoying tHe beach, in the bathing suit of their day with their natural bodies. That is wrong.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:06 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,329,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo8414 View Post
People should worry about them selves rather than trying to impose their moral beliefs onto others. Teenagers are going to make out and more with or with out permission, that's how it is and will always be. Whether or not their parents care doesn't matter because it's going to happen either way. Merely wearing provocative clothing which in this case is appropriate isn't going to lead to being exploited, there is more to it than that.

You can flaunt your stuff and still have high self esteem and self worth. Teenagers at that age do everything possible to grab the attention of people around them, its nothing new. It must be working because it caused you to make a thread about it. Most ppl that have low self worth and poor self esteem are usually introverted so rest assured these teens trying to get attention feel just fine about them selves even if they are being publicly consumed by prying eyes.
I highly doubt that. Highly.

Some introverted people have poor self esteem, but I don't think MOST people with poor self esteem are introverted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting