Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 02:35 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yeah, good luck with that whole "my kids are going to be what I want them to be rather than what they want to be" thing. It rarely works out that way.
I can't help but wonder if BluegrassGuy uses this attitude when searching for that illusive girlfriend he says he will never find...BluegrassGuy, and I mean this sincerely and without rancor, have you ever thought of getting some therapy to find out why you have such low self esteem coupled with such high standards? Just a thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 11:13 PM

274 posts, read 485,399 times
Why didn't the dad just sell or donate the video games? Overkill in my opinion

Old 02-01-2017, 12:49 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGuy View Post
Actually, I would not subscribe to cable TV. The TV set would be used primarily as a video screen on the wall. I would be very restrictive on the content that I would allow to be viewed. But rather than electronic entertainment, I would have all my kids spending their free time practicing musical instruments. To me, music is FAR more important and beneficial than sports, video games, or television.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGuy View Post
Well, I would make them hate sports. I would be constantly telling them how dangerous they are, and the risks of injury. I would show them pictures and videos of kids who have been injured playing sports, and put the fear in them. Video games wouldn't be an option because I wouldn't allow those in my home. So you've got two options left.. TV and music. If my kids want to be known for something, or have a useful talent, then it would have to be music.
Ahhh, yeah, for their sake, don't have children - lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting