Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 09:29 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,761 times

Advertisements

Three things come to mind-- I was a pretty good kid (usually I was present when another kid did something bad)so anything "naughty" was pretty benign but here goes--

When me and my sister were age 6 and 4 we were playing ball and it went over the fence.. I told my sister to climb over and get it and my dad came out asking where she was- I said I didn't know�� He found out pretty quickly as she came climbing back over with the ball and spanked both of us. Me for asking her to get it instead of telling them to get it and her for going along with it and climbing into the neighbors yard instead of going to tell him.

In 10 th grade I spent the night at my friends house... after her mom went to bed we decided (typical genius teenage idea) it would be fun to roller skate at 1 am down this really steep winding main road... where cars had a blind spot at one point. Whizzing down almost too fast to be able to stop on this street that winded along ending at the top of a main intersection where the speed limits 45 mph- yes was our idea of fun. Luckily we didn't have any mishaps but I was thinking "oh my god if my dad knew..." because he was overprotective and anxious about minor safety things.

I had a friend who did get into a lot of naughty stuff-- I never participated but was just present worrying she'd get caught. At a supermarket when we were in about 4 th grade with her mom, when her mom was in the next aisle she grabbed some candy from a bin, a woman said " it's not nice for us to take things that don't belong to us..." my friend nodded and said "I know, I don't think it's right either"--- I was standing there holding my breath, the woman didn't do anything she just wanted to point it out to my friend. That friend loved to try and get away with things- at Girl Scout meetings she would sometimes sneak into the kitchen and grab a cupcake (I know crime of the century)
Another time she stood at the edge of my driveway holding a blanket in front of herself as cars drove by yelling out she didn't have any clothes on! Never a dull moment

My brother did the "naughtiest" thing over me and my sister. When he was 16 the phone rang one Saturday night around 11:45 pm- I picked it up and a sherif asked me if this was his residence and he needed to talk to his parents. My heart jumped assuming maybe he'd been in an accident. Turned out he and his friend had gone over to an abandoned small marine park that had been closed down several years with fences and no trespassing signs and had climbed over and had been found by security wandering around, going down a slide and trying to take a dolphin sign. He could've been arrested but the cop just asked my parents to pick him up and because he was a boy (apparently) my parents didn't ever really discipline him- as opposed to their strict parenting of me and my sister. My mom just joked with him and told him not to do that again. The friends parents took it a little more serious and called my mother telling her they thought it was best if the two boys didn't hang out together for a while since they seemed to get in trouble together. Maybe a month later they were hanging out again-- my brother had no consequences whatsoever for that- not that it was the most serious crime in the world but it was technically a crime- trespassing- that involved a cop detaining him in the patrol car and yet it was laughed off. On a side note me and my sister weren't allowed to have boys in our rooms period, ever even with the door open. Otoh my brother had his girlfriend over several times a week and they would spend hours in his room with the door closed. Sorry if that veered off topic a bit but it kind of relates to it I guess

Last edited by mondayafternoons; 10-14-2017 at 09:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 07:09 PM

924 posts, read 752,195 times
I must have been around 4, and my sister would've been between 2 and 3 when this happened - we got the idea to take a box of Trix cereal, dump it onto the floor between our couch and the coffee table, and dance around on it. (don't remember much else, other than my dad got mad at us, and threatened to take us over to our babysitter's house)

Old 10-14-2017, 08:03 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I was an odd, solitary child. Once while playing alone in our finished basement, which housed a big room full of my toys, and my Dad's office, I found a nail and I used it to scratch "alien symbols" all over the surface of his desk. I thought for sure that when he saw them, he would think we were visited by aliens. It never occurred to me that he would immediately realize I'd done it, and I'd be in trouble. I just thought it would be neat if my Dad thought aliens had been in our house.

This was a big, expensive, fancy wooden desk and I pretty much destroyed the finish of it. He was NOT pleased.
YIKES! That's awful.

Reminds me...when I was a kid I was waiting in the car for my dad to get out of work. He worked near my school. So I got bored and decided to decorate the plastic seats of the car. I did it by pushing the cigarette lighter in until it was red hot and then using it to make lovely little spiral shapes all over the plastic. I thought it looked nice. My dad did not.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:52 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
I went to a parochial school until 8th grade. Um, I had my moments. I was the best spit wad shooter in the 6th grade. One time I was trying to hit my friend in the left ear but he saw me, ducked at the last second, and wound up hitting the student teacher right on her glasses. Got to write sentences on the billboard for that little stunt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting