Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who was Wrong?
Manager 10 5.08%
Mother 67 34.01%
Couple 63 31.98%
Both Manager and Mother? 77 39.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 12:27 AM

4,096 posts, read 6,230,328 times

Advertisements

The amount of babies and children at restaurants for their evening meals is increasing each year. The end of a long day is not the time to take kids to restaurants. I avoid dinner out because of this. I had a wall-climber of my own and didn't go out for many years until she was under control. That included taking her out of the restaurant and going home when she acted up.

The mother in this article is a typical entitled chidalt who thinks whatever they are doing is ok and can not be told otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 04:44 AM

28,971 posts, read 30,339,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Before I had kids, I wouldn't be bothered by a screaming 10 month old in a loud family restaurant. If I was, I'd ask the server to be moved, not deliver a passive-aggressive note to try to ruin another diner's time like a total d*ckhead.

Those ladies had less tact than the mom and child. They are the ones who need to grow up.
when you look at today's world, in their defense, if those women would have gone up and talked with the mother, telling her of their concerns, she probably would have taken an instant defense mode, and instead of listening and learning, would have gotten angry and who knows what she would have done.
When your an old person, those fears certainly do enter your mind....they did what they thought was best, thinking perhaps next time, the mother would be more in-tune to those around her and make a positive decision.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Fancy or nice restaurants, no.

Texas Roadhouse, though...
it doesn't matter the restaurant, or shouldn't. Just b/c it's a Texas Roadhouse, that makes it ok to allow your child to scream and run around the place?

I mean, seriously?

Old 08-24-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
The amount of babies and children at restaurants for their evening meals is increasing each year. The end of a long day is not the time to take kids to restaurants. I avoid dinner out because of this. I had a wall-climber of my own and didn't go out for many years until she was under control. That included taking her out of the restaurant and going home when she acted up.

The mother in this article is a typical entitled chidalt who thinks whatever they are doing is ok and can not be told otherwise.
Thank you! It's nice to see people still care....

When our son was little, we didn't go out much at all....not until he was a toddler. We practiced good manners at home.

Some will take this as bragging, but many times when we'd be out in a diner or restaurant, we'd have people come up to us, and commend us on what a good child he was. We were very thankful for them doing that. But, we started repromanding him when he was very young. But I've got to also say, we were very lucky as he was always such a warm hearted child, not much trouble at all....and he listened very well.
A joy to be around.

Children take a great deal of responsibility, attention, training, etc....
I'm glad to see parents are still on board with this.

I love children, but cannot stand an unruly rug rat, who displays behavioral problems, which reflect on his/her parents.

Some parents are great parents who simply have the misfortune of having an unruly child.
Some parents just do not want to deal with discipline.
Some just don't care, b/c they have never been taught to respect themselves, and if they don't respect themselves, they will not respect the feelings of others.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:15 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,219,097 times
I voted "both the manager and the mother". Also the restaurant spokesperson.

There's a big difference between a restaurant being loud with excited conversation and lively energy, and babies and kids just plain screaming and shrieking. No one wants to hear screaming and shrieking or incoherent yelling from a baby.

That night, the mother should have gotten the rest of her food order to go and gone home or to her mother's to eat the rest of her dinner. A baby yelling is never pleasant to hear, especially to non-family and strangers. And the manager should have offered to either move the mother and her baby to another area of similar noise level or moved the couple to a quieter area of the restaurant. No customer should have to tolerant a yelling, crying or screaming baby or child. As someone in the hospitality industry, the noise that the baby was making by yelling does not fall under the definition of a loud restaurant experience.

That said, the photo of the restaurant shows the restaurant as being rather large, so maybe they should keep a special room for families with screaming, yelling and crying babies and kids. Although, personally I would think that families wouldn't want to use that dining area because then the kids will think it acceptable to make such loud and annoying noises in public.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:08 AM

214 posts, read 181,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I agree with you, but there are ways to start training a child at this age, at even 6 months old.....

He realizes when he screams he gets the attention he wants from mom

A baby sometimes cries a lot, b/c mom picks him up....kids learn at a very very young age.

Train a 6 month old??

Old 08-24-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Here's what I think: Another clickbait article encouraging equal helpings of canonizing and beating up on both parents and old people.

Also, expecting different at Texas Roadhouse is illogical.
what is illogical is the fact that you believe it's ok to allow children to be so loud, it annoys people around you trying to have a peaceful dinner.
what you refuse to understand is the fact that we are not all equal....we don't all think alike, and the noise annoyance for others, especially those who no longer have children, is and always will be different.

It's like if you own a dog, and the dog is barking in your back yard all day long, and you don't even notice it, but your neighbors do indeed.

same issue.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:37 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,066,670 times
Quote:
it doesn't matter the restaurant, or shouldn't. Just b/c it's a Texas Roadhouse, that makes it ok to allow your child to scream and run around the place?

I mean, seriously?
The child was 10 months old and not running around the place. Please keep up.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:39 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,066,670 times
Quote:
what is illogical is the fact that you believe it's ok to allow children to be so loud, it annoys people around you trying to have a peaceful dinner.
what you refuse to understand is the fact that we are not all equal....we don't all think alike, and the noise annoyance for others, especially those who no longer have children, is and always will be different.

It's like if you own a dog, and the dog is barking in your back yard all day long, and you don't even notice it, but your neighbors do indeed.

same issue.
You could not be more wrong, but I know you aren't here to discuss the story you posted since you continue to bring in elements unrelated to the story. Rather, you want to lecture and pat yourself on the back for being an exemplary (in your eyes) parent, while judging many other for falling short (your eyes).

Old 08-24-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKB0925 View Post
Train a 6 month old??
yes, train a 6 month old. there are a number of things you can train your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting