Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who was Wrong?
Manager 10 5.08%
Mother 67 34.01%
Couple 63 31.98%
Both Manager and Mother? 77 39.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 07:52 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

I read this article, what's your take on this, who was in the wrong?

Texas Roadhouse diners leave spiteful note after Katie Leach's baby yelled | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 08:02 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,181,366 times
A 10 month old can't control his actions. 50-60 year old hags can.

They seem to think of themselves as experts, did they ever offer to help?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:07 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
A 10 month old can't control his actions. 50-60 year old hags can.

It's not up to the 10-month old to control his actions. It's up to the parents to take the child outside so he doesn't disturb people.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Vegabern A 10 month old can't control his actions. 50-60 year old hags can.
well someday very soon, my friend, your going to be one of those old hags.....
and no a 10 month old cannot control his actions, if the parenting wasn't there in the first place.

We were taught from a very young age, to whisper in public....so as not to disturb the private space of others....and that went for doctors offices, restaurants, and everywhere we went.

the last thing anyone wants to hear when they are paying to go out to eat, and have a stress free fun time with family is someone's kid screaming.

Quote:
if a parent assumes it's ok to scream like this, then what could they have done to help?
Any suggestions?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:14 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times
I understand both sides. I have nephews and family/friends with new baby. I know how desperately the parents want to get out and live normal life. but I too get irritated when I am at restaurant and there is a screaming kid. I wonder to myself "gosh there comes a headache, why didn't these parents take out & have meal in their house". Is waiting a year or 2 to have proper sit down meal in restaurant that long to wait, just do take outs or find a baby sitter at home while you go out to enjoy. But from the parents I know, it is hard to leave your kid with sitter just to enjoy meal & it is hard to control them.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I understand both sides. I have nephews and family/friends with new baby. I know how desperately the parents want to get out and live normal life. but I too get irritated when I am at restaurant and there is a screaming kid. I wonder to myself "gosh there comes a headache, why didn't these parents take out & have meal in their house". Is waiting a year or 2 to have proper sit down meal in restaurant that long to wait, just do take outs or find a baby sitter at home while you go out to enjoy. But from the parents I know, it is hard to leave your kid with sitter just to enjoy meal & it is hard to control them.
I agree with you, but there are ways to start training a child at this age, at even 6 months old.....

He realizes when he screams he gets the attention he wants from mom

A baby sometimes cries a lot, b/c mom picks him up....kids learn at a very very young age.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:45 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Here's what I think: Another clickbait article encouraging equal helpings of canonizing and beating up on both parents and old people.

Also, expecting different at Texas Roadhouse is illogical.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
elhelmete Here's what I think: Another clickbait article encouraging equal helpings of canonizing and beating up on both parents and old people.
well, maybe your right, however, I've been thru this several times myself....and it was extremely disturbing and hard to have a good time with friends, let alone hear them.

Quote:
Also, expecting different at Texas Roadhouse is illogical.
I disagree....
there are people out there in any restaurant, looking to get away from the rest of the world and have a good time....talking and constant screaming kids are a big difference and can ruin the night for a lot of people there at the time.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:51 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Mom could have taken the child outside, while the couple could have moved to another table. When my wife and I go into a restaurant, and they try to seat us at a table next to noisy children, I tell them we want a table away from them.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:58 AM

Moderator cut: orphaned quote and response

Suppose the parents in this restaurant were against some stranger picking up the child. In this day and age, I certainly would be.

As a waitress, I saw how some parents were even afraid if you spoke to their toddler, so?

My mother in law, held my son, so much, that our first baby sitter went bonkers. When we got home, we found both her and her mother, stating, "What in God's name have you done to this child?" He cried and cried, and held his breath until he passed out, and he was a baby.

So, we spoke to mother in law, and on my next visit to the doctors office, in duress I mentioned this to him. He told me, the next time he does this, take him over to the sink and splash a little bit of cold water in his face, and he'll take a breath. So I did this....and with the help of my mother in law, (thank God) and the doctor's advice, it worked.

And I kid you not, his eyes would roll back into his head and he'd pass out.

and I'd much rather see parents learn how to train their kids then **** and moan....it's not really all that difficult to do.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-17-2017 at 01:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting