Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who was Wrong?
Manager 10 5.08%
Mother 67 34.01%
Couple 63 31.98%
Both Manager and Mother? 77 39.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 12:50 PM

125 posts, read 81,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Nope.

Nobody said anything about poor people in the article or in the discussion here until you did, in relation to the merits of Texas Roadhouse. Not a single word. Except yours.
Poor people have the right to eat at restaurants, by the way.

Please refrain from comparing them to infants as if both parties behave badly enough to disrupt others meals.

That is an unnecessary, and baseless, accusation

http://www.city-data.com/forum/49225558-post93.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,915 posts, read 3,954,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
This is simply not fair to parents. Society has to accept the baby, not the other way around, IMO. Babies cry, and society has to deal.

My wife and I each have stressful professional jobs. We have a ten-month old. We live in a small apartment, with limited kitchen. We live in NYC, which has like a billion good restaurants.

You're saying we have no right to go to a restaurant for many years if our kid is fussy? No, just no. We take our baby to restaurants 2-3 times a week. Of course we take him to baby-friendly restaurants only; loud, messy places, mostly. But we will not stop going out, no way.
Oh, wah. Maybe you should have stopped with the apartment and the "stressful" jobs. Nobody ever told you that when you have a child, your life changes forever???? You don't come first anymore, your kid does, until the day they move out on their own.

This is one ideology that needs to be brought back - the kid doesn't go out into "society" until they are old enough to know how to behave themselves and not be a total PITA to other people. No screaming or tantrums, good table manners, be polite to other people, recognizing that if you want to play Romper Room you go outdoors .... My parents practiced that, their parents practiced it... it's too bad too many of my generation seems to be too stupid to raise up their kids in a sensible fashion. And it shows, big time.

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckeeWannabee View Post
Um no.....decent people do not bring infants on planes in the first place.
What??

So you're saying my child doesn't have a right to see his grandparents? They live thousands of miles away.

Or are we supposed to drive to Germany? Wait, even if possible, that wouldn't work either, because babies aren't allowed in restaurants and public places, according to some folks.

Some people here have clearly never had kids. If you REALLY want no kids when you're flying, charter your own plane. Otherwise, deal with it (or use headphones like everyone else).

Old 08-17-2017, 12:51 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Well you must be miracle parent. You had a ten month old baby that never cried. Good for you!*

*no one believes you, BTW.
well, like I said, no need to be nasty, simply b/c you disagree, and I'm certain, many believe me, b/c they've done the same....

and, BTW, never said he never cried...so distorting the facts doesn't work either....

go back and read, and you'll read what happened....

Old 08-17-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
You're being a troll. I get it now. Joke's on me. Ha ha ha.
It is against the rules to call people trolls. There is no need to call names. So Joke's on you if you get banned, not me.
Straighten up please

Old 08-17-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, like I said, no need to be nasty, simply b/c you disagree, and I'm certain, many believe me, b/c they've done the same....

and, BTW, never said he never cried...so distorting the facts doesn't work either....

go back and read, and you'll read what happened....
If you have a baby that can pretty much not disrupt people, then by all means, go out to dinner.
You were very lucky

Old 08-17-2017, 12:53 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lolol! Thanks for the review. I'll be sure to avoid it, if I ever see one. This discussion is getting funny.
yeah, actually it is deflecting....lol

hope your doing well....haven't seen you for a while

Old 08-17-2017, 12:55 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,575 times
Control your children in public or stay home! It's very simple.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:56 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Oh, wah. Maybe you should have stopped with the apartment and the "stressful" jobs. Nobody ever told you that when you have a child, your life changes forever???? You don't come first anymore, your kid does, until the day they move out on their own.
Sorry, but no. Having a kid doesn't mean the parents have to avoid restaurants for the next 18 years. Completely absurd. Children are not embarrassments to be locked away from the public.

How about this? If you want to guarantee no screaming kids in restaurants, avoid restaurants with screaming kids. Problem solved! They won't be at Le Chic Restaurant, they won't be in the bar section, they won't be there at 9 PM. It's quite easy to avoid kids.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
What??

So you're saying my child doesn't have a right to see his grandparents? They live thousands of miles away.
what in the world are you babbling about? I've never heard such utterances until your post

Quote:
Or are we supposed to drive to Germany? Wait, even if possible, that wouldn't work either, because babies aren't allowed in restaurants and public places, according to some folks.
With all due respect, I am going to refrain from commenting on your personal story

Quote:
Some people here have clearly never had kids. If you REALLY want no kids when you're flying, charter your own plane. Otherwise, deal with it (or use headphones like everyone else).
I never said I didn't want children on the plane. You did. ^^^I think you need to take a break, maybe a nap because you're post here is not making sense. Or maybe it was meant for someone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting