Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who was Wrong?
Manager 10 5.08%
Mother 67 34.01%
Couple 63 31.98%
Both Manager and Mother? 77 39.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 01:59 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckeeWannabee View Post
I don't care what they "call" themselves. My husband called himself "a premier painter" for years when he first started out. But that didn't necessarily make it true. He tried to appeal to the upper class thinking he'd be paid more. Sorta like Texas Rhodehouse specializing in steaks .Here is the menu again. https://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu

There is so much here going so many different directions, I will respectfully decline to comment on all of it.
Steak on a menu does not equal fancy. And yes, a restaurant gets to decide if it's a casual restaurant. You can't show up there in a tuxedo and expect a bevy of footmen to wait on you just because you've decided it's a palace instead of a casual restaurant that prides itself of being loud and gives you peanuts and tells you to throw the shells on the floor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 02:00 PM

10,762 posts, read 5,680,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Sounds like a case of "my kid is adorable and everyone should think they're the most precious thing on the planet" colliding with "I hate all kids and they should be locked away until they're 18".
The part in pink is readily apparent. The part in blue isn't happening in this thread.

8,007 posts, read 10,433,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
It's not up to the 10-month old to control his actions. It's up to the parents to take the child outside so he doesn't disturb people.
Agreed. If a child is being disruptive, parents need to take him outside. And, yes, I "get it." I have two kids. There were plenty of times when one of us had to take a child outside or cut our meal short.

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I would say, if anything, Chuck E Cheese is significantly quieter, cleaner and calmer than a Texas Roadhouse.

I was actually shocked the first time I went to a Texas Roadhouse. You basically have to scream to hear anyone. It's likely unhealthy loud for the workers.

Yep.

We we've been to a Texas Roadhouse twice. The first time, we went in the afternoon, and it was reasonably quiet. NOT madhouse.

The second time was in the evening, and it was for a family birthday celebration. The only voice I could actually hear and understand was the person sitting right next to me. Otherwise I had to keep yelling "What? I can't hear you...what??" After awhile, I just gave up trying to have a conversation and just smiled, nodded, and ate. LOL

Old 08-17-2017, 02:01 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
The part in pink is readily apparent. The part in blue isn't happening in this thread.
It's a bit of both because people are saying it was a screaming baby that was non-stop crying as opposed to what the article says, which is that it was a baby that yelled some, without saying it was a constant thing. And there is a big difference between a baby that is expressing itself loudly but isn't upset and a crying baby that needs to be soothed.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:05 PM

125 posts, read 81,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Steak on a menu does not equal fancy. And yes, a restaurant gets to decide if it's a casual restaurant. You can't show up there in a tuxedo and expect a bevy of footmen to wait on you just because you've decided it's a palace instead of a casual restaurant that prides itself of being loud and gives you peanuts and tells you to throw the shells on the floor.
Even though you quoted me, it appears you were unable to comprehend it. Here it is again.

I never mentioned steak on the menu. I said "Specializing in Steak" by the way.

Is there any way you can read each post 3-4 times before commenting? I Think that would help. Not sure if this is a comprehension issue or you're just skimming posts so fast -and- having a knee jerk reaction due to emotions. So here it is AGAIN....

My husband called himself "a premier painter" for years when he first started out. But that didn't necessarily make it true. He tried to appeal to the upper class thinking he'd be paid more. Sorta like Texas Rhodehouse specializing in steaks .Here is the menu again. https://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu

Old 08-17-2017, 02:06 PM

10,762 posts, read 5,680,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
It's a bit of both because people are saying it was a screaming baby that was non-stop crying as opposed to what the article says, which is that it was a baby that yelled some, without saying it was a constant thing. And there is a big difference between a baby that is expressing itself loudly but isn't upset and a crying baby that needs to be soothed.
A bit of both?

What are the post numbers that are evidence of this:

Quote:
I hate all kids and they should be locked away until they're 18.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:09 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,954,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
That happened the last time I went out to eat with my husband. There was a kid who was maybe 4-ish running around the entire restaurant while his parents completely ignored him. It eventually became a safety issue because he was getting tangled up with waiters who were trying to carry trays of food. When the hostess said something to the parents, they had looks on their faces like "how dare you!". Those are the types of parents I hate. I give a pass to everyone else who at least makes a reasonable effort to get their kids to behave.
I work on the staff of a huge folk festival, and one year I was in one of the dance halls, and these two boys, must have been 4 or 5 years old *old enough to know better* were running up and down the edge of the dance floor on the side of the room where I was sitting. They plowed into one women, and almost sent her to the floor. The next time they ran by me I shouted at them to sit down, stop running, and that it was a dance floor, not a playground. They stopped still and looked at me all big-eyed - I think their parents were the crunchy granola types who think that yelling at a child who is insisting on misbehaving will somehow scare them for life (it won't - I was yelled at, and I am very thankful in this day and age that I was).

They stopped, and stayed back in a corner of the room until they and their parents (who were dancing and had no idea any of this was going on) left.

Hey, I didn't care if their parents found out and weren't happy (I do run into them at the regional folk dances I go to)- one of my jobs being on staff is making sure that everyone has a pleasant, safe experience, and that includes not getting hurt. They were both under the age of 12, which means they were supposed to be under constant adult supervision, as per our festival rules. They weren't.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:15 PM

Decided to search both restaurants on youtube. Bring your ear plugs, and maybe even some mace !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otF7zKoqqgc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qBYQEuzDxE

Old 08-17-2017, 02:26 PM

no one is posting anymore. You all must be mesmerized watching my youtube videos....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting