Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who was Wrong?
Manager 10 5.08%
Mother 67 34.01%
Couple 63 31.98%
Both Manager and Mother? 77 39.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 06:46 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,325,212 times

Advertisements

For all those saying the parents should take the kids out maybe the parents were really hungry and didn't feel like leaving lol. I've been there. I dont out to eat often and when i do I enjoy my food even if my kids are acting up and making some noise. Sometimes you simply have to worry about yourself and not strangers around you.

I will say though that when my kids cry at restaurants we take them out.

I just can't imagine leaving a note the way these women did. Very mean spirited people especially to a baby. Even the way they said oh my kids and grandkids never did that. Karma ladies, karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 06:48 PM

And i get that not everyone loves kids or loves my kids but so what? I'm not sure why people are bothering to use that defense. If you don't like loud kids and you find yourself around them then maybe you should be the one to leave if you can't deal. Of all the things going on in the world loud babies should be the least of anyones trouble. Get a life.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:15 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no one said your baby or mine or anyone's needs to be locked away, your deflecting by grossly Exaggerating the issue to prove your point by using non-factual circumstance and nasty words.

No one said babies don't cry?

no, what people are saying is, if the baby is continually screaming the parents need to take ownership and do something about it. If one can't than they shouldn't be having babies.

no one stated they considered babies crying in public places is a hatred of any kind. I'm afraid, the later is an entitlement mentality....
Well said op! I didn't read every post but from what I read wasn't anyone claiming babies should go toa restaurant but that parents need to be courteous to the other customers. I would also add no arguments in restaurants or being loud.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:18 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
And i get that not everyone loves kids or loves my kids but so what? I'm not sure why people are bothering to use that defense. If you don't like loud kids and you find yourself around them then maybe you should be the one to leave if you can't deal. Of all the things going on in the world loud babies should be the least of anyones trouble. Get a life.
They aren't talking about loud kids (even though beyond a toddler they are old enough to be taught inside voices). They are talking about parents who will let their baby screaming without doing anything about it.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:20 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
We went to Texas Road House once, several years ago.
The place was so noisy that a screaming kid would have been barely noticeable.
the food was adequate, but nothing special. I have had better steaks at little hole-in-the-wall local restaurants. The baked potatoes were OK.
Due to the noise, we have not been back, and have no plans to return.

Now, as for a screaming kid in a restaurant, or any other public place (grocery store, lumber yard, whatever), if YOU can't control your kid, keep it at home until you can.
Yes, we have children. 5 of them, in fact. The youngest was born when I was 40. I am now 75. A screaming brat is not cute, it is not unavoidable, it is not funny, and it ruins the enjoyment other people.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:33 PM

As annoying as a screaming kid might be to everyone it happens. Yes parents should consider staying home if they have an unruly child but maybe this is the ONE time these parents went out in months or something. You really never know. A crying baby never killed anyone. I do get the annoyance if the parent is sitting there doing NOTHING but again we don't know the full situation. Maybe they WERE trying to calm the kid down and HAD taken him out once already.

I have 1 yr old and 3 yr old so i hear crying every day and we barely go anywhere it feels like. I take the train to work and when i hear crying kids i move. I dont need to be near anyone else's crying child but i certainly wouldnt be leaving them a note or even blaming them for the noise. Babies cry...is this not a parenting forum?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:11 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,778,151 times
I was a single mother, and kids do cry from time to time and make noise - but if its a constant thing we went home if my son just could not be soothed. There are babysitters, after all.

Nevertheless the women who wrote the note were super rude.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:18 PM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,042,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I read this article, what's your take on this, who was in the wrong?

Texas Roadhouse diners leave spiteful note after Katie Leach's baby yelled | Daily Mail Online
After viewing the photos of this pair and their baby, I have concluded that the couple(at the next booth) problem with that mother and child had nothing to do with the child's 'expressiveness'.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:52 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,159,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yeah, I'd like to hear these words of advice. Probably by someone who never had kids.

Anyone who has had kids knows you can't reason with a six (or ten) month old. You can only hold and comfort them. Babies cry. It's totally normal. What isn't normal is old folks angry at babies crying, especially at Texas Roadhouse of all places (which is like rock concert loud).
People aren't angry at babies crying, people are angry at clueless parents who drag babies everywhere and disrupt others without any consideration. It's not the patrons who expect a parent to take a diruptive baby or child out of the situation who are entitled. That distinction belongs to parents who blithely ignore the child and excuse their unwillingness to do anything because 'that's what kids do'. Lazy and/or clueless parenting. And plenty of us parents understand that.

(Training babies happens every time you put a baby on a nap/sleep schedule or feeding schedule)

Last edited by DubbleT; 08-17-2017 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: s

Old 08-17-2017, 09:52 PM

Again you don't know that they drag the baby everywhere.

What if it were on an airplane and no one can remove themselves from the situation? Why not just ban kids under 5 from planes so no one has to listen to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting