Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 10:06 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Get the DNA test.
If yours,prepare for single father hood.
No paternal name on birth certificate til confirmed .
Wish this gal well and thank her for being honest. Then move far far away from her.

On a side note...And based on some posters comments ....So a girl could technically write that George Clooney or the shiek of Bahrain is the daddy and because of that..These fellas are on the hook for child support?
I'd go with this as best common sense. Get the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 12:40 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
GF is close to 9 months pregnant and I just found out that there is doubt over the paternity of the unborn baby. I'm gong to try to get a blood test at the hospital when the baby is born. I have a lot of things to think about, one of them being, when/should I should tell my parents. We are all very close and everyone in my family is excited for me and my GF.

But now there is uncertainty over the paternity of the unborn baby. Has anyone been in a similar situation before? How would you as a parent react? I am in my late 20s and independent. Should I say something now, or wait for the results after?

I'm still in the wishful thinking phase. I think that I can make all this go away and even if the baby isn't my biological child I can still move on with my GF, and that we can explore the world and grow old together and have more children of our own someday.

I don't know what I want to do, but at least I know that the birth is less than a month away.

I uprooted my entire life for the baby and what I thought is my future family. Moved across seven states, bought a house in a family-oriented suburb, already have everything all set up as far as the nursery is concerned. It is all so frightening...
I wouldn't say or do anything until you get the paternity test results.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:17 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
I hope the OP comes back and updates us on what happens.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:27 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,491 times
I will. Things just got a hell of a lot worse. Lots of good questions for me from posters and things to thing about. Now me and even her family will be banned from the delivery room or being able to see the baby according to her, and it looks like I'll have to get a court ordered test to have the answers. She ran off.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:00 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Quote:
I will. Things just got a hell of a lot worse. Lots of good questions for me from posters and things to thing about. Now me and even her family will be banned from the delivery room or being able to see the baby according to her, and it looks like I'll have to get a court ordered test to have the answers. She ran off.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. I imagine the pressure you're both feeling is tremendous. Both of your world's were turned upside down in a very short period of time.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:18 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
That sucks, but you're much better off knowing now instead of 5 years when you've bonded with a child who you thought was yours. Get that test before putting your name on anything! Don't give her a dime without that test either! You'll *********rself if you do.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:45 AM

214 posts, read 180,434 times
What a drama queen!! She got herself into this situation with not knowing who that father of her unborn child and now she is saying to take her to court. Talk about playing victim.

Seriously, you would think finding out who the father is would be a top priority. I hope this woman grows up once she has this baby and acts like a responsible adult. She will soon find out, it is not all about her.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:07 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
I am really sorry. I cant imagine turning your life upside down, the excitement over a baby all to have this happen. In some ways you dodged a bullet by knowing this is her character so, even if you are the bio dad, you can protect yourself and not marry her. And if you aren't...well then you get to run off! And quick.

Again, I am really sorry.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:23 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
First letter to Dear Abby today is on the same topic

Dear Abby: Family gets a shocker as due date nears | Chicago Sun-Times

Old 09-27-2017, 10:41 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,665,859 times
OP, I am so, so sorry that all this is hitting you at the same time. Part of me thinks that you may have dodged a bullet, but that's hard to see right now in the midst of "the baby is coming any second" -- everyone's nerves are on edge. Priorities are what is best for the baby, and what is best for you. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, she's taken herself out off the equation. If the baby turns out not to be yours -- well, that's sad, but your soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend needs to grow up and figure it out. If the baby IS yours, then you have a whole different set of problems. I sorta hope, for your sake, that it's not. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting