Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 10:12 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Posting this thread yesterday morning, was a disgusted tirade from the culmination of several incidents! First very early morning reports (ABC Action News 4 a.m.) for the Villanova win were much worse, than what really occurred, (so they say) as during the day, I couldn’t find any duplicate reports, however, first reports were “the kids were getting rowdy, flipping over cars, climbing poles, starting fires, breaking windows, assaulting a police horse and they showed a photo from what looked like a drone, of approximately 20 police officers on motor cycles, dispatched to disperse the crowds. The picture showed the officers in two lines, shaped in a V, driving right into the crowds. I am unable to find that photo now?

There were also reports of rioting after the Super Bowl win…same thing, bashing out storefront windows, climbing poles, kids flipping cars over, starting fires…people were being assaulted, throwing bottles, someone punched a police horse, fights breaking out….etc. Jumping up and down on anything from trash trucks, overhead awnings to parked cars….

And then there were the riots over police brutality, starting out as peaceful marches, but ended up the same as above, and a lot of kids were responsible, matter of fact, a mother grabbed her kid and drug him home, it was all over the news, he really got in trouble for being there, high five to that mother! I remember them showing pictures of all the “young kids” (even the reporters were shocked) involved jumping up and down on police cars…destroying them…trying to flip them over.

This behavior to me, is shocking, and that's the truth, its disgusting and I feel so badly for the owners of these properties that are senselessly destroyed in this manner.

Philly has been known for many years for its nasty fans and people getting hurt at games from the rivalry teams…and it’s also been known to try to suppress crime and violence there, so that visitors continue to come to the city for historical and art functions, as well as its history.

Everyday there are shootings in Philly, gangs shooting from cars at targeted kids, to innocent victims including children being shot by street gangs who missed their targets….to knifings, and brawls that end up in shootings. Some kids, some adults…drugs, child abuse, and crimes of all kinds....it is there...as in any large city, just depends on where.

Philly also has a lot of beauty and historical events, as well as tons of festivals going on all summer long. they have been bringing the arts back to Philly and are trying to clean it up, which they've been doing a pretty good job of it....

Now, I'm going to say this one last time, Kibblecat, and everyone else, who was offended by my post, of what's the matter with kids these days, was not ever directed at you or anyone else in here...it was meant to be a discussion, of why do you think kids resort to this behavior? And I still think, these particular kids who do these things, do not have the luxuary of having good parents.

Please understand, that...I'm sorry if you took this personal.....but for me, there is no excuse for this type of behavior, mob mentality or not....so can we please stop!!!!

You guys have taken one sentence, "whats wrong with kids today" when I should have said, "What's wrong with these kids today?" I am and was referring to the kids that commit these crimes.
There are bad kids out there you know....kids that have effected the lives of others in a very negative way....
Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 04-05-2018 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Reference to moderator action.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:36 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
But it wasn't just one sentence. Because I believe the most offensive part was "I blame the parents."

You got our dander up with that one. lol

Old 04-05-2018, 10:45 AM

7,997 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Thread closed pending moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting