Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 08:16 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,672,109 times

Advertisements

Let's see the pics.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,055,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
There’s no way I’d set foot in public missing half an eyebrow.
Why not? No one cares what your eyebrow looks like.

My SO has a scar that keeps half of onr of his eyebrows from growing hair. It happened as a child. I don't even rememebr what it was because it's not a big deal. No one has ever said anything to him, and I've never noticed anyome gawking.

It's an eyebrow. No one cares, nor is anyone studying your eyebrows.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:47 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,094,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

My SO has a scar that keeps half of onr of his eyebrows from growing hair. It happened as a child. I don't even rememebr what it was because it's not a big deal. No one has ever said anything to him, and I've never noticed anyome gawking.

Txt is very, very focused on outside appearances and even said that it helps her self esteem. Nothing about the way she lives is at all healthy, including this.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:55 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,055,217 times
Quote:
drying my hair which is halfway down my back takes 20 minutes
I have long thick hair. I only wash it every 2-3 days. I also wash it in the evening so that it has all night to dry. Then in the morning it just takes 5-10 minutes to either curl or straighten, or even less time if I don't want to mess with my hair and throw it into a ponytail or braid.

What exactly are you doing each day that you need to be all made up? From your previous posts it sounds like your mostly doing stuff around your house, doing stuff around your grandma's house, or running errands with grandma.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:56 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,983,488 times
Quote:

My eyebrows are dark and my face is pale, you can noticeably tell that part of it is gone and it changes the way my face looks. It’s very noticeable.

I don’t care what anyone says about it.
Something was taken from me that day and I gain it back by doing my eyebrows.
I don’t like looking in the mirror and being reminded of the pain and the recovery.
It’s soenth I want to forget and not have to be reminded of every morning and every day.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I have long thick hair. I only wash it every 2-3 days. I also wash it in the evening so that it has all night to dry. Then in the morning it just takes 5-10 minutes to either curl or straighten, or even less time if I don't want to mess with my hair and throw it into a ponytail or braid.

What exactly are you doing each day that you need to be all made up? From your previous posts it sounds like your mostly doing stuff around your house, doing stuff around your grandma's house, or running errands with grandma.
Like I said I’m not all made up. I simply make it look like I have two full eyebrows and I do light eyeliner and mascara and that’s it. If I leave my house for anything at all I have my brows done. Sometimes I don’t wear any make up but my brows so it looks like I’m not even wearing make up. I just want my eyebrows to look like they always have. I’m not going to to adapt to some “new normal” when Ulta exists.

I have long thick hair too and I shower and wash my hair every morning and my hair is just fine and amazingly soft, if I don’t it gets greasy looking.

There’s nothing wrong with taking a shower every morning. If I let my hair dry over night it’d be so wavy in the morning I’d have to soak it and blow dry it just to get all the waves out.

I brush my hair out, add my leave in conditioner, let it air dry while I do make up and then blow dry it the rest of the way once I’m done with my make up.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:19 PM

1,227 posts, read 636,256 times
Quote:
My eyebrows are dark and my face is pale, you can noticeably tell that part of it is gone and it changes the way my face looks. It’s very noticeable.

I don’t like looking in the mirror and being reminded of the pain and the recovery.
It’s soenth I want to forget and not have to be reminded of every morning and every day.
You don’t want to be reminded of it, so you spend 40 minutes each morning obsessing over half an eyebrow? I have 2 half eyebrows from hypothyroidism. According to your morning routine it would take me 80 minutes to work on my eyebrows every morning.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:30 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,499,951 times
Quote:

You spend a lot of time focusing on things you believe have been "taken" from you and that somehow that "unfairness" justifies you being entitled to do whatever you want regardless of real life or real adult responsibilities. You feel you are owed. You need to get help getting over that or at last channeling it into a positive drive instead of excuses. It is keeping you down.

Last edited by maciesmom; 01-09-2019 at 09:49 PM..

Old 01-09-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
You don’t want to be reminded of it, so you spend 40 minutes each morning obsessing over half an eyebrow? I have 2 half eyebrows from hypothyroidism. According to your morning routine it would take me 80 minutes to work on my eyebrows every morning.
It doesn’t take me 40 minutes to do part of an eyebrow. I do BOTH.
I already stated I do both my brows.
I fill the full one first and then go for the sisters not twins idea. I have to be careful to make sure I don’t angle it wrong or it makes my eyebrows look weird.
But I actually have to draw out the rest of my eyebrow and it actually takes some artistic ability if theres nothing to fill or trace.

According to your reading comprehension it would take 80 minutes but it takes me 40 for both in all actuality.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:34 PM

836 posts, read 481,490 times
Nobody cares about, or pays much mind to, your personal appearance. It means zero anyway and given you’re 30 your physical looks are only going to decline from here on out as you age. Your posts reek of being vain and obsessed over your personal appearance which doesn’t really matter to anyone but yourself.

Sure you can do your eyebrows great and what else is there? You’re unemployed, broke, dependent on a boyfriend/grandma, and practically do nothing. But your eyebrows and makeup are on point!!

What are you going to do when you’re 40 and your looks are gone? 50? Stormy Daniels V2.0???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting