Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 04:15 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
^Wow. Lots of excuses for a pedo there. "Natural urges"? You're only kidding yourself that economic difficulties lead to pedophilia. (And anyone can get a job at walmart, or physical labor.)

Complex my a**.

Nope. He went after a barely-teenage girl. Pedophilia is the the term. And the father was right to kick his a**. I would have too.

We need to protect children from the likes of the "poor, unemployed male" who wants to molest them.

WTF?

You have to remember that there are several posters on CD who believe pedophilia is perfectly acceptable. And generally, that position ends with something along the line of "America is so puritanical." It is a sad day when a 14 year old has to deal with older men, sometimes much older men.

The guy was lucky that the girl did not have three older brothers or he would never have made it to court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 07:18 AM

10,761 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This issue is deeper than many are willing to examine.

He should know the law at that age but if you have met the average Gen Zer at age 21 even they tend to be a lot more juvenile especially if you are coming from the Gen X perspective or older. So mental maturity is just not there due to current (even pre-COVID) socioeconomics.

Many young Men in early 20s are unable to find work to sustain themselves to survive on their own. It’s not like the 60s where you could graduate HS work at Bobs mechanic shop and pay rent on a studio eat ramen noodles in a beatnik area that was working poor. They won’t even give you a lease anywhere to a minimum wager these kids can’t even afford even splitting a 1 BR with 4 friends because all their parents are poor and don’t qualify as guarantors.

So the mind stays child like and regressed. Because we’ve allowed our civilization to advance without bringing adolescence to completion and leaving no path for young men especially to “Grow Up”

We’re too afraid to let people starve and die and want to keep the false veil that it takes 2 college degrees to get a living wage job and become a full fledged adult. We’ve automated and outsourced away pull yourself up by your bootstrap jobs. No more mail clerk to CEO paths.

Young men have high libido and have insatiable urges no matter what our puritanical pedigree as a nation wants to believe. Social unrest is coming. We can either keep calling young Men pedophiles for enacting on natural urges or we can embrace the science, do as our ancestors did and give them a job and fighting chance to focus that energy on building the future, and a livelihood so they can successfully attract a mate their own age.

Or we can continue the current agenda and keep barreling high speed towards an “Escape from NY” style Mad Max future.
In most locations, that’s just not true. Four people working full time for minimum wage will generate around $60,000. Plenty to rent a modest apartment.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:10 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,576,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
I don't disagree with the beating, but I can also tell you this: that girl is not going to have unfettered access to either a smart phone or the internet for a long time!

Right or wrong, something tells me that the guy who had the snot kicked out of him had no idea that the girl who he'd driven two hours to meet up with in person was only fourteen. He's darn lucky that he didn't live a few decades ago as back then he would have been promptly strung up for this incident. As it stands, I really doubt that the dad is going to see jail time for shooting at him.

Remember: she claimed that she and this guy were "in a relationship," which leads me to believe (combined with the fact that she likely lied about her age and looked far older than she is in pictures of herself that she probably shared with this guy) that she's not a totally innocent bystander. It doesn't make what the young man did *not* wrong, but she has a bit of culpability in this, too. It's a good thing that she was foolish enough to sneak this guy into her room when her parents were home as her parents were there to protect her from her own poor teenage judgment.

All that aside, my dad would have done the same as this dad had this occurred under his roof....then promptly grounded my behind and monitored my every move until I re-earned his trust.
i dont feel like reading the article. if this synopsis is accurate, can one invite someone into ones home and legally beat them up ?
Quote:
Chief Wiggum: Now Sideshow Bob can't get in without me knowing. And once a man is in your home, anything you do to him is nice and [winks] legal.
Homer: Is that so? [yells out kitchen window] Oh, Flanders? Won't you join me in my kitchen? [Ned turns off the hose. Homer stands on the wall next to the kitchen arch, preparing to strike Flanders] Heh-heh-heh-heh...
Chief Wiggum: Uh, it doesn't work when you invite 'em.
Ned: Hidilly-hey!
Homer: Go home.
Ned: Toodledy-do!
https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Simpsons/Season_5

Old 07-20-2020, 10:55 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD59 View Post
Authorities in Georgia say an enraged father took things too far and crossed a line, resulting in his arrest, after he found a grown man in his 14-year-old daughter's bedroom.

Ismael Casillas, 41, has been charged with aggravated assault for allegedly attacking and severely beating 20-year-old Keywontrezes Humphries in the early hours of July 4 after finding the man at the family's home in Coweta County.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ters-room.html
I vote to acquit on the beating, but shooting at him as he fled is a different matter.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:55 AM

10,761 posts, read 5,676,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
I vote to acquit on the beating, but shooting at him as he fled is a different matter.
Agreed. I think that he will should a charge on the shooting. However, given the circumstances, my bet is that it will be minor to start with, and pled down to a minimum. And I’m OK with that.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:28 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
BOOM!

I couldn't have said it better.

God help the scum that tried to defile my daughter, niece, etc.
It would take everything I had in my Christian faith to keep me from killing the scumbag. The idea he would not need significant medical help once I was finished with him (if he survived), would be an impossibility.

I hope someone will start an GoFundMe page for this guy, as I would contribute.

If he were local, he would drink free on my dime for the entire night. So since that it not possible, I'd be happy to pony up the coin to make sure he was able to, once he gets released.

`
I would hope you put more focus on your daughter and teach her how to avoid situations where she finds herself sneaking young men into the house behind her parent's backs.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
You have to remember that there are several posters on CD who believe pedophilia is perfectly acceptable. And generally, that position ends with something along the line of "America is so puritanical." It is a sad day when a 14 year old has to deal with older men, sometimes much older men.

The guy was lucky that the girl did not have three older brothers or he would never have made it to court.
She CHOSE to sneak him into the house, so she's no victim here.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:29 PM

6,460 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
...except that she's below the age of majority, and he's a grown man.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
...except that she's below the age of majority, and he's a grown man.
Duh. That's why Dad needs to be addressing HER behavior and how she came to the line of thinking that sneaking him in was OK behavior.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:53 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
What if she was 12? or 8? And chose to sneak him into the house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting