Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 01:22 PM

193 posts, read 842,842 times

Advertisements

I have heard so much information latley on shots and side effects from the toxic ingrediants used in the vaccines. Autisim rates soring through the roof , and ADD possibly being linked to shots.....All this information is so confusing. It is hard to know which facts are accurate and which are not. Is there anyone who has experience with not vaccinating? Is it even more important to vaccinate since so many are not? I just dont know. It is all so much to take in!! I guess my question is....Is not vaccinating yourself as well as your children worth the risk??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 01:28 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
It's really hard to know zebrashoes. I raised my kids long ago and some vacinations were require not near as many as there are today. Maybe someone in the medical field will reply. I would like to know also.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:34 PM

697 posts, read 2,015,093 times
First, you can insist your pediatrician vaccinate spreading them out over more time.

Second, what isn't being taken into consideration is the fact that all these autism diagnosis are coming at the same time as anti-bacterial everything. There hasn't been absolute proof that vaccinations cause the autism, and nobody talks about the possibility of being saturated in chemicals could be the cause.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:51 PM

193 posts, read 842,842 times
I know...it is hard to know what the right choice is. I wish we knew exactly what is causing the rise in autisim because it could be many things, but all the toxins that they put into shots freaks me out. And i know we come into contact with alot of toxic things on a daily basis without realizing it but we arnt injecting it directly into our blood stream either, and we also arent little babies still developing. I am not sure how I feel about it all. I think maybe delaying vaccination is probably the best route in my opinion.
Spreading them out like you said, so babies are not getting so many in such a short time frame.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:26 PM

650 posts, read 2,179,271 times
We have chosen not to continue vaccinating our children. (Our oldest daughter has had up to her 5 year boosters, daughter #2 has had only her baby shots, son#1 has had a handful of a select few, and son#2 has had no vaccines at all.) This decision has very little to do with the risk of autism, and much more to do with the toxic chemicals that are in vaccines. The rates of so many autoimmune diseases are increasing all the time, and THAT concerns us very much.

We came to our decision after A TON of research on the subject. I didn't just pull some crap off the internet and decide it was true. Two books that I found extremely helpful are: How to Raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor, by Dr. Robert Mendelsohn (sp?) and What Your Dr. May NOT tell You about CHildren's Vaccinations by Dr. Stephanie Cave. They are very informative books and really touch on the risks that vaccines pose. I also enjoyed that they are both written by doctors, so no one can argue that there aren't medical professionals out there that do not believe in routine vaccinations. The Dr. Mendelsohn book was written back in the 80s, so this is not new information.

My oldest daughter had what we consider to be a vaccine reaction to her 5 year boosters. She passed out about 15 minutes after receiving 5 shots, peed her pants and took 10 minutes to wake up. Then she went home and slept for 6 straight hours, not even waking up to eat. The doctors all insist that this WAS NOT a reaction to the vaccines, which completely contradicts the information provided BY them on the Vaccine Information Sheets.

We have experienced doctors flat out lying to us in order to try to get us to vaccinate. Doctors can be bullies about it, but what most people don't know is that a lot of the vaccine preventable diseases were on a decline before mandatory vaccinations started in the U.S. Also, Europe experienced lower numbers at the same time as the U.S. and they did not have the same vax schedule. All diseases seem to have an ebb and flow where they peak and then lay dormant for awhile. The lower numbers of diseases has been linked to vaccinations even though there is evidence that that is not the case.

The BIg Pharmacutical companies that distribute these vaccines are a billion dollar industry. If all people were healthy and disease free, they would be out of a job, so it is a good thing that their "safe" vaccines are causing so many other health issues.

People will argue that these autoimmune diseases are not new, just better diagnosed. Maybe that is true, but I am not willing to take that chance with my kids. From my own personal experience, my 2 healthiest children are the 2 that ARE NOT vaccinated.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:39 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsand2boys View Post
..... vaccine reaction to her 5 year boosters. She passed out about 15 minutes after receiving 5 shots, peed her pants and took 10 minutes to wake up. Then she went home and slept for 6 straight hours, not even waking up to eat. The doctors all insist that this WAS NOT a reaction to the vaccines, which completely contradicts the information provided BY them on the Vaccine Information Sheets.
Quote:
We have experienced doctors flat out lying to us in order to try to get us to vaccinate. Doctors can be bullies about it,....
Quote:
The BIg Pharmacutical companies that distribute these vaccines are a billion dollar industry. If all people were healthy and disease free, they would be out of a job, so it is a good thing that their "safe" vaccines are causing so many other health issues.
These are EXACTLY the reasons I don't have my daughter vaccinated for the HPV. 'It MAY help prevent' isn't a good enough reason to pump a child full of unproven vaccination.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:41 PM

39 posts, read 154,981 times
Very interesting! Thanks "2girlsand2boys" very helpful info.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:42 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrashoes View Post
I have heard so much information latley on shots and side effects from the toxic ingrediants used in the vaccines. Autisim rates soring through the roof , and ADD possibly being linked to shots.....All this information is so confusing. It is hard to know which facts are accurate and which are not. Is there anyone who has experience with not vaccinating? Is it even more important to vaccinate since so many are not? I just dont know. It is all so much to take in!! I guess my question is....Is not vaccinating yourself as well as your children worth the risk??
One, I would definitely have a heart to heart with your pediatrican.

I've had several talks with my ped about vaccinations being linked to autism. Her take on it is fascinating & very informative.

The is no 100% accurate fact that vaccinations are for sure linked to autism. What is so upsetting about the disease is that no one knows what causes it with 100% certainity nor how to cure it. I, for one, am all for in-depth research of it.

In today's world, many new bugs popping up due to many, many reasons that have to do with extreme environmental and social changes.

The world today is not what is was in 1980 or 1960 or 1940. Medicine needs to keep up with the changes & how bodies are becoming immune to certain things.

I have read numerous articles on the negatives of anti-bacterial everything from soap to socks. It is not good to not let one's body try to fight off some things the natural way.

As for immunizations, I am for them. My son, at 10 months, came down with a very, very serious case of RSV that he picked up in day care. The living hell that was for 2 weeks made us very sure that we were happy in the choices we made in having our children vaccinated.

Not saying that RSV is linked to not being vaccinated, but how extrememly ill he became in a matter of 24 hrs of contact scared the living daylights out of me. My husband was deployed to Iraq, I was 1800 miles away from the nearest relative & the ER doctor at 2:20am told me that he would need a spinal tap once his fever of 105 went down a little. He was on respiratory treatment for 11 days. I will never forget the sound of his breathing.

We cannot protect our children from every illness but we can help them from some of the very serious ones. That is why I chose to vaccinate.

On a side note, I do not believe in treatment for common ear infections. Much research has been linked to the fact that constant medication for ear infections actually causes longer recovery time & more frequent ear infections. Nor do we give our children medication at the onset of a stuffy nose or mild cold. It's best the body learns how to naturally fight mild bugs.

I feel that the vaccinations my sons get are worthwhile & helpful. I just wouldn't be comfortable with them interacting with others without having them.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:45 PM

39 posts, read 154,981 times
I have a baby due in November, and have been researching like crazy on what to do come shot time. I have decided NOT to vaccinate. The chemicals in the vaccines are just too much. I cant knowingly inject my child with them. I am not aginst vaccines but i will continue to Not immunize until they haved greened the vaccines.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
... My husband was deployed to Iraq, I was 1800 miles away from the nearest relative ...
My regards to you and your family, and please relay to your husband my appreciation for his service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting