Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,861,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjmom View Post
Well, I really hate to play devil's advocate, but here goes...

He knows names and birthdays. There is an order in place. He only makes so much money, and at least he's not hiding, nor is he denying the kids. It seems he's trying to pay, the cash just isn't there.

Out of hand? Ridiculously. But it also seems he knows it. At least he's working, and he's trying to man up a little. He's not hiding, and he's not claiming the kids aren't his, etc.

Just my $0.02. Oh, and my ex owes me over $20,000. But he's trying to hide and evade the state. Haven't heard from him in years (not a big loss). So it could be worse. This guy's getting raked over the coals for admitting what he did and trying, if even in a meager way, to take responsibility.

~D
I was thinking the same thing. At least he is trying to support them some how which is more than I can say about some fathers who only have maybe a couple of kids to support but don't.

He is trying to man up and that is important. But seriously he needs to keep his pe##er in his pants for a while before he has more kids to support. The women who had all of these babies should also "man" up and take some responsibility as well in supporting their kids. It takes two to tango and bring a baby in this world. They could have easily prevented getting pregnant, but they made the decision not to, so they should also have to get a job and support their kids and not leave it solely up to him to.

I think that I'm more upset not about how many kids he has fathered, but in the fact that he is going to jail because he is not making enough money to support all of those kids. How is he supposed to make money sitting in a jail cell? Putting him jail also costs the tax payers money. Yes he is guilty of being stupid, but he hasn't committed any crime that deserves being put in jail for. There is no law dictating how many kids a person can father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 PM

61 posts, read 166,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjmom View Post
Well, I really hate to play devil's advocate, but here goes...

He knows names and birthdays. There is an order in place. He only makes so much money, and at least he's not hiding, nor is he denying the kids. It seems he's trying to pay, the cash just isn't there.

Out of hand? Ridiculously. But it also seems he knows it. At least he's working, and he's trying to man up a little. He's not hiding, and he's not claiming the kids aren't his, etc.

Just my $0.02. Oh, and my ex owes me over $20,000. But he's trying to hide and evade the state. Haven't heard from him in years (not a big loss). So it could be worse. This guy's getting raked over the coals for admitting what he did and trying, if even in a meager way, to take responsibility.

~D
I thought a man wld go to jail for not paying child support, have licence revoked etc? Meaning they have no choice but pony up?

Old 05-29-2009, 08:17 PM

515 posts, read 1,558,147 times
They will, if you can find them, if the state will help you, if if if. My kids are 15 and almost 17. I think I finally have someone's attention at the Child Support Enforcement place. Honestly, though, my ex is one of those guys who likes to pop in if you chase him for support and play daddy for about 3 visits, then disappear for a couple three years or so. He was doing more damage to the kids than the money would have done good, so I just let the sleeping dog lay. Now, though, I've got college to think about for the older one, and long term care for the other (disabled) child. It's time he pays up. Come to find out, he's been living in the same tiny (7000 people) town as us for years, and never bothered to even send his kids a birthday card, nothing. His parents are no better. They lived less than a half mile from us! Honestly, though, it was for the best. It is an incredibly dysfunctional family. Not that mine is perfect, but at least the kids didn't have to deal with the drama.

There has, of course, been a standing support order in effect since our divorce. He just has become adept at jumping from job to job to avoid it, or his favorite, not working at all and letting his lady friends or wife take care of him. It's just all a big joke.

~D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting