Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 04:20 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,710,246 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling the pediatrician is going to tell you something irritating like "Little Johnny is just fine, you are just an overly concerned parent." Oh I got that talking to a few times. In the end, we had developmental issues that we are still dealing with......a Mom knows when somethings not right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 11:15 AM

1,820 posts, read 4,495,499 times
I am at my wit's end as well....
I have 2 girls (ages 7 & 3). They are at eachother all day long,from the moment they wake up until it is time to go to bed.
I have absolutely had it and nothing that I seem to say,do ,take away,etc... has worked.
It is as though there is no emotion connected with anything,they just honestly seem to have no respect for one single thing that I say or do.

This morning it started because they couldn't agree on what morning tv show they wanted to watch (Disney or Noggin) so the tv got shut off,this was at 6:45am-great say to start the day.
It has continued on from there and I have now taken away our planned day at the pool.
They really seem to not care about that either.
They have been sent to their rooms (which I am completely against doing,I use it as a last resort) and they aren't listening to that either.
They are coming out of their rooms continuously with "I have to tell you something" or other ridiculous reasons..... other than turning the door handles around on their doors,I have no idea how to keep them in their rooms.
We don't spank them and are running out of ways that discipline them.

UGH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting