Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 12:35 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times

Advertisements

Youre welcome. The funny thing was that i never thought of it as bullying. It wasnt till a Cop (neighborhood watch cop, my mam was the person in charge for our street) talked to me and asked me if i was bullied and i said no. He asked if i got hit and beat up alot, and you didnt want to fight and i told him yes, then he said you were bullied. I never liked fights but for a year it was all I did pretty much, but i wouldnt take it back. It feels great gettin your confidence back with each bully you knock down.
I even ended in charge of night club and sporting event security when i was 15 because of my height, so it worked out great for me in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 04:58 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times
We have two boys and they are the tallest in their class. Yes, they are bullyied esp by the smallest kids in the class. My younger child is a sweetheart and wont tell on the bully as he does not want him to get in trouble. There is no point in talking to the parents ; tried that when I heard the boy had his arms around my sons neck (in kindergarten) and the father screamed at me on the phone.
My other son has recently been called a retard by a 6th grader who is the same height as him. My sons are in 1st and 2nd grade. I tell them constantly to stay away from these kids. The principal knows about neckboy and says they are working very hard with the child and his parents.

It seems like the bullies are getting all the help these days and the victims are not.

Yep, this is Catholic school also.
dorothy

Old 05-18-2007, 09:31 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
I feel for your son. I was also in his position in grade school. I was a rough kid and perceived by many as a bully because I played rough and was not aware of how strong I was. I did not get into fights, but was always verbally harrassed and picked upon.

I was in 6th grade when I had the same experience as you describe. A new kid came to school and was physically the smallest boy in the grade. I was close to the largest, at least in height and build. There were a few "fat kids" there would be considered bigger than I was.

This new kid immediately decided I was the one to take down and spent all of his time teasing and taunting me. He was very quick and took many pot shots at me from behind and when he knew he could get out of reach before I could react. I tried to ignore him, but he persisted. After half the year was up he was moved to a chair next to me in science class and was able to pester me during class as well. One day he challanged me to one of those punching games kids play. As it was during class (substitute day, no work or lessons going on) it was modified to be thing punching instead of arm punches. All the kids in the class (especially the girls) were pushing for me to accept the challenge, so I finally gave in. It progress to the point I was afraid I was going to actually hurt him (his punches had leveled out but he refused to give in) and I could not bring myself to keep hitting him. I also could not give in, so was in a quandry. My instincts took over for me with my permission, so on my next turn my punch to the thigh in mid-thrown became a light tap of the finger tips instead of a punch. He was surprised and asked What kind of a punch that was and I told him I didn't want to injure him. That got such a laugh from everyone around that he was too embarrased to continue. We actually became friends after that, somehow.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 4,938 times
bullying im scared off bullying but we have to work together!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting