Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 01:58 PM

7 posts, read 37,962 times

Advertisements

Living in Brookville, PA and willing to answer any questions for those of you thinking to make the move towards this area.

I just found this site and thought I'd offer my help, if you'd be interested. Having lived here all of my life, I may be able to answer questions others only have heard about.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 02:49 PM

20 posts, read 191,132 times
I recently moved to Brookville from NJ...Work is hard to come by but other than that I love it here!!

Old 07-04-2007, 04:57 PM

Welcome to our home! I also love it here, and things are harder to come by, but all in all...it's nice to be here.

Congrats on the move!

Old 09-22-2007, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 6,038 times
Default Infomation First Baptist Church

I am thinking of moving to Brookville. My church home is an American Baptist Church, do you know anything about the First Baptist Church of Brookville?

Old 09-23-2007, 07:44 AM

That I'm not sure about. I know that the folks who attend the Baptist church are wonderful people, as I've dealt with them now and again. I don't attend church at the Baptist.

People are great around this area, good luck!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 AM

6 posts, read 20,773 times
Default Is Brookville growing?

My brother is thinking of moving to Brookville. How is it there? Would you say the city is growing?

Old 01-06-2008, 02:32 PM

The town isn't growing at all. In fact, it's more on the downhill slide than before. The best thing about this town is that it's small, a nice place to raise a family, plenty of countryside. But, unfortunately, it's not a place to plan to make millions of dollars. It's a historic town, and the people higher up want to keep it that way. Keeping the buildings looking historic is one thing, but refusing to allow businesses to come in to help make money is another.

Brookville is a great town, don't get me wrong. There are millions of things that could be done to make it better, but *I* have no voice to make things better.

Good luck to your brother, I wouldn't leave this town unless I HAD to. But, my family has very stable and well paying jobs, that, is what keeps us here

Old 01-06-2008, 03:34 PM

4 posts, read 18,059 times
Default Friend moved to Brookville

We live in Fairhope AL. and our next door neighbor is moving to Brookville after stumbling upon it by accident. She fell in love with it. She was also intrigued by the supposed "haunted" Brookville Mansion that is for sale. Does anyone know the story behind it; I would love to be able to tell her.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:20 PM

I'm guessing that the Haunted Mansion she's speaking of is the old "Litch Mansion". I don't know anything about it. One thing is for sure tho....until about 8 years ago (more or less, I don't really know! it was an old run down "shack". A family moved into it and completely redid it. I haven't ever been inside the building, and really the stories are few and far between. The house is beautiful and overlooks the East side of town. There isn't much to see in the East side and if you blink, you'll miss it. BUT, the Litch Mansion is now a beautiful home and if I should come across any type of information or stories on that home, I'll be sure to let you know.

Good luck to your neighbor in the move. I've lived here all of my life, so if there is any type of assistance I can offer, I'd be glad to help.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:42 AM

4 posts, read 18,059 times
Default Friend Brookville Bound

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on. There are probably stories going around, some true and others not so. She did hear that a family from Florida bought the place and within six months had gotten in the wind. Now it's for sale around $90,000 and no one is biting. For $90,000 I'd be willing to share with a few ghosts ! The only other thing she heard ,was that it was part of the Underground Railroad, so haunted or not, that house has some tales to tell.. I hope she does well there. In Fairhope she owned a dog grooming business and is planning to open shop there. Fairhope is a rich community (not me; I slipped in through the back door) with people that can afford to have their pooches groomed as often as I wash my hair. But she was so excited about moving there, I wanted to pick up and go too. So I wish her luck and I'll tell her about this site and your offer. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania