Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 08:22 PM

6 posts, read 8,927 times

Advertisements

Our family is moving to Cburg in February and I am looking for some help on a few items related to our 2 children- ages 4 1/2 & 8 months. We are in need of babysitting for the 8 month old one day a week and are also looking for preschool for our 4 yr old or a few months until she starts Kindergarten. I research online, but many of the child care facilities online did not have websites with any information.

On the topic of schools, since my 4 yr old will be starting school in the Fall of 2012, which school is the best to enroll in? We are open to private or public....

Also- can anyone recommend a good pediatrician?

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 PM

942 posts, read 2,520,841 times
Hi,
Wish I could make child care suggestions, but our youngest is well past that age. As far as private schools, there is Corpus Christi, Cumberland Valley Christian, and Shalom. Our daughter attended Shalom for awhile and it seemed fine. If you want to utilize public schools, it will depend on where you choose to live. Different people have different preferences--some like large, new school and others like small schools. I think, other than Stevens, they are probably fairly similar. Once your children get into Jr. High and High School, there are no choices because there is only one of each (well, technically the middle school now has a north and south location).

I do believe many people use private sitters in the area. I was surprised at how few really nice, large daycares there are here. When our youngest was younger, we looked at one place and she started crying and begged me not to make her go there If you are from somewhere else in PA, the age of the facilities may not shock you. I think they are just fine, but perhaps the buildings are a bit older than I was accustomed to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania