Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2007, 05:24 PM

6 posts, read 15,109 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
My husband and I are wanting to move towards PA, We live in Michigan right now. We would love to have a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom home. We just need a head start on finding a place, areas we would like would be, Scranton or Pittsburgh,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,158 times
Default Hmmmm

The best way I would recommend will be to try to take a weekend off and drive around any specific areas you might have in mind to get a feel for the place.

Most of the things you might see online are either a little too overpriced or not what they really are....plus some landlords & owners just prefer to hang "For Rent" signs rather than advertise in the local papers or internet.

One other place to try would be craigslist.org - there a few properties on there for rent as well...but please do not sign any leases without seeing the property first.

Good Luck and let me know if you got anymore questions..!!

=============

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmichael7517 View Post
Hey everyone,
My husband and I are wanting to move towards PA, We live in Michigan right now. We would love to have a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom home. We just need a head start on finding a place, areas we would like would be, Scranton or Pittsburgh,

Old 10-08-2007, 09:09 AM

30 posts, read 115,939 times
I can't help you out as I'm not from either of those areas, but as DaSkorpion said, you really need to visit one of those areas before deciding where you're going to live. While there, grab the local town paper, you can also try contacting that area's Chamber of Commerce and having them mail one to you.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:34 PM

Thank you both for your help!!! I think that is a great idea to go and drive around!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:45 AM

114 posts, read 343,744 times
I just want to add that Pittsburgh is in SW PA, and Scranton is by my estimate 3.5 to 4 hours EAST of that. Not sure if you realize they are at opposite ends of the state.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:53 PM

lol, yes i did know that. my husband has the choice of a couple of diffrent plants. Those were just 2 area that we really liked. Also we could go with Wellsboro, Wikes Barre, Williamsport, Harrisburg, Allentown, Franklin, and Philly....

Old 10-10-2007, 07:01 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
I'm a lifelong resident of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre region (all 20 years! ), and I'd be more than happy to address any concerns you have about the Scranton area. I live in a suburb about eight miles south of the city limits, and I know this region like the back of the hand. Be sure to check out some of my photo tours as well if you want a closer look at the area. I just did a photo tour today of Wellsboro, and that community is like Bedford Falls from "It's a Wonderful Life" on STEROIDS! LOL! I've honestly never been to a more wholesome, cute, nostalgic town with a center median on the Main Street lined with Victorian-era gas lanterns. The downside to Wellsboro is that it's an hour from anything and everything, so you better get used to giving up the notions of great shopping, minor-league sporting events, major events, etc. Scranton and Pittsburgh are both great in their own special ways. Scranton is on the rebound after years of decline and is only two hours from either New York City or Philadelphia for fun day-trips. Pittsburgh is likewise rebounding and has one of the most beautiful skylines I've ever seen.

If you'd give us more ideas on what you'd like in an area, I'm sure we could help you narrow things down between Scranton and Pittsburgh a bit more easily.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 AM

Well, right now we live in Dearborn MI, It is a great place to live. We are about 20 min from downtown. We are looking for a great school district. A city that has a nice downtown area. also A house rental that is about 1,000.00 a month.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:26 PM

4 posts, read 6,843 times
Default 2-BR. Cape Cod home?

Crafton, PA aval. after labor day. $995 plus fireplace, hardwood floors, large deck, quite, tree-lined street, off street parking ,close to park, busway, shopping and more.. let me know..

Old 03-27-2009, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,602 times
Default Beautiful 3BR House for Rent in S. Philadelphia

I have a beautiful 3BR house for rent in South Philadelphia, near airport, subways, sports arenas, Center City. Very Convenient. PLease contact me if interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania