Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do Pennsylvanians perceive the Philadelphia region?
Great asset. Wish I lived there 16 48.48%
Hate it. Wish it were not part of my state 8 24.24%
Meh Not proud or embarrassed that its part of Pennsylvania 9 27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 09:21 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,959,657 times

Advertisements

East Liberty has two KOZ sites. One is Penn Circle the other had no description. I dont think bakery square is since Walnut Capital financed most of the project. Baker Square 2.0 is under construction across Penn Ave. I dont Bakery Square 1 and 2 equals the Navy Yard. Its a pretty small area in the middle of an established area. Not saying that the navy yard is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Bakery Square is more like Bakery Square and not much like the Navy Yard (not sure Pittsburgh has an equivalent to the Navy Yard. there is one hotel in the navy yard and no residential. you do realize where bakery square in Pittsburgh is located don't you? it actually shares very little in common with the navy yard imo. is bakery square in pittsburgh a KOZ site?
The Navy Yard would equal Pittsburghs ALMONO site. Its a large flat peice of undeveloped land where a steel mill once stood. It sits on the Monongahela River just east of Downtown and Oakland. All new infrastructure is under construction at the moment. Once completed, the site will add another neighborhood to the city.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:52 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
"Many states" being (from the link) New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Ohio or Illinois.
And here's the very beginning of the article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hartzell and Eugene Tauber, The Morning Call
Amid all the chatter about the need for more highway funding in Pennsylvania comes a federal study indicating the state's interstates are smoother than you might think.

They're the nation's 15th smoothest...
Only 14 states in the entire United States have smoother highways than Pennsylvania, and a federal study says so. I highlighted it once already.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
And here's the very beginning of the article:

Only 14 states in the entire United States have smoother highways than Pennsylvania, and a federal study says so. I highlighted it once already.
I remember in the eighties traveling on either I70 west or I76 west. We knew when we entered OH because the road surface felt so much better. In the past 15 years, the opposite is true.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:37 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,046,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I remember in the eighties traveling on either I70 west or I76 west. We knew when we entered OH because the road surface felt so much better. In the past 15 years, the opposite is true.
This was actually my experience coming back to pennslyvania... "Welcome to Pennsylvania" clug-clug-clug-clug-clug-clug-clug-clug.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
This was actually my experience coming back to pennslyvania... "Welcome to Pennsylvania" clug-clug-clug-clug-clug-clug-clug-clug.
No. I70 and I76 have been rebuilt west and east of Pittsburgh. The roads are pleasant. Driving from Pittsburgh to D.C., Baltimore, Cleveland, and Columbus is a smooth ride.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:53 PM

47 posts, read 79,702 times
always heard people complain about pa roads, sure, there's some bad ones but there's much worse. anyone ever been to buffalo, ny? north central pa dirt logging roads are smoother than buffalo city streets.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:10 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh1975 View Post
always heard people complain about pa roads, sure, there's some bad ones but there's much worse. anyone ever been to buffalo, ny? north central pa dirt logging roads are smoother than buffalo city streets.
I agree. The roads in Upstate New York are in quite awful shape IMO.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I agree. The roads in Upstate New York are in quite awful shape IMO.
and they have the highest per gal tax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania