Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 PM

78 posts, read 376,202 times

Advertisements

ATM,
Schnabels Woods is a lovely area. Since you are an artist you have great access to the Nockamixon area, Bucks County in General and the Unami Watershed and it's artist communities. As an added bonus you will be an hours drive to Philadelphia and all of the wonderful offerings for art lovers. I married into a family of artists and their love of the area and all it has to offer is apparent in their original works. Best of luck and if you need more info contact me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 08:38 AM

6 posts, read 33,229 times
Thanks Will. We are very interested but friends keep telling us that the area is a trailer park, Archie Bunker kind of area. We plan to take a good look at it next month when we return from Mexico. Please keep in touch and let us know as much as you can about the area.
Anne

Old 03-29-2007, 09:19 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
The crime rate in the LV is far from non-existent.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:30 AM

41 posts, read 159,259 times
i would have to tell you to not come to the lehigh valley..well at least not allentown or bethlehem.. the traffic is just horrible..in my opinion the population is just way out of control...another thing is that there is hardly any open fields anymore.. almost every inch of land has been developed..

if you get the suburbs of easton it isn't that bad.. palmer township , forks , tatamy are really nice places.. but i would recommend heading a little further south to quakertown, sellersville , perkisie, richlandtown

but this is just my opinion

Old 03-29-2007, 10:51 PM

78 posts, read 376,202 times
Default Hard to say if you will like Schnabel's

I don't know your tastes so Schnabel's may be a little to rural for you but there are other resort/parttime communities in the area. The area is close to Frenchtown, NJ and the New Hope area. They are very "artsy" areas. They are expensive to live in but you can live close enough to take advantage of all they have to offer.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:37 AM

6 posts, read 33,229 times
We like rural --just as long as it is close enough to civilization to get a Barnes and Noble fix every few weeks! We have lived in New Orleans, New York, the Middletown, NJ area and six months a year in a little town about 45 minutes north of Puerto Varllarta so we like to have the option of being able to see a play, movie or concert but still wake up to birds and nature. We don't mind driving a few miles. Schnabel's sounds great so far but what other part time communities are there?
Anne

Old 03-30-2007, 10:06 AM

164 posts, read 200,258 times
All the PA big cities have really bad crime problems. There's no crime in the rural areas because there are hardly any people out there. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. It's not the crime you should be worried about, it's about the PA government that will ********* over with taxes on low wages to begin with. The roads suck, people are mean and they love to make things more complicated than they have to be.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:16 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechtm84 View Post
All the PA big cities have really bad crime problems. There's no crime in the rural areas because there are hardly any people out there. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. It's not the crime you should be worried about, it's about the PA government that will ********* over with taxes on low wages to begin with. The roads suck, people are mean and they love to make things more complicated than they have to be.
Thank you, Chicken Little. We know you find PA to be the threshold of hell, but did you ever stop to actually look at the state's crime stats? Most PA cities, with the exception of Philly, and maybe Harrisburg and Reading (but the areas surrounding those cities are pretty nice), are far below the national average for crime. Scranton and Lackawanna County have not even had a single murder in 2 years. Even though Philly has a high crime rate, its not out of proportion with other cities its size.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:47 PM

164 posts, read 200,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conorsdad View Post
Thank you, Chicken Little.
Yeah, you're real funny

PA is a horrible place to make a living. You guys won't see me much longer. When I move to NH in a couple of months, you'll never see me in the PA forum again. I know, you all say good riddens. Guess what....the feeling is mutual.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:07 PM

33 posts, read 239,458 times
Default career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechtm84 View Post

PA is a horrible place to make a living. You guys won't see me much longer. When I move to NH in a couple of months, you'll never see me in the PA forum again. I know, you all say good riddens. Guess what....the feeling is mutual.
A horrible place to make a living... What career/field are you in? Thats a very general & possibly misleading statement... I make great wages.

Just curious, what does NH have to offer that so much better than PA?

Last edited by oldhead; 03-30-2007 at 03:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania