Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 04:00 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,878 times

Advertisements

Looking for pictures that people can post to show the good and the bad of Reading and it's surroudings (towns like Wyomissing, Douglassville, Exeter etc).

Neighborhoods, parks, schools, downtown, people etc...

Sure would be great and much appreciated to see your pictures & comments to go with it. Trying to make a good decision in moving from Seattle, WA over the the Reading area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 09:09 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Looking for pictures that people can post to show the good and the bad of Reading and it's surroudings (towns like Wyomissing, Douglassville, Exeter etc).

Neighborhoods, parks, schools, downtown, people etc...

Sure would be great and much appreciated to see your pictures & comments to go with it. Trying to make a good decision in moving from Seattle, WA over the the Reading area.

Thanks!
I wish I lived closer to Berks County because I'd be more than happy to grab the digital camera and fulfill your request. Hopefully someone who lives in that area will help you. Welcome in advance to PA!

Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
I wish I lived closer to Berks County because I'd be more than happy to grab the digital camera and fulfill your request. Hopefully someone who lives in that area will help you. Welcome in advance to PA!
Thanks for that. I have some obstacles - I am employed in Seattle (Software related) and if the company I work for is not interested in relocating me, I will need to start from scratch.

The idea is for me to find a recruiter to work with as well as a good realtor and lender for a home loan. I want to move my wife and 3 kids there SO BAD! Hopefully we can do this by this summer.

Does any have any strategies or ideas on making this work - has anyone been in this situation?

Anyone that can provide pictures it would be most appreciated. You would be our eyes - though it will be a while before I can fly over there are scout the area.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:08 AM

7,270 posts, read 10,601,386 times
Here is a webshots album that gives a decent glimpse of Reading:

Reading, PA pictures from cityscapes photos on webshots

Old 02-07-2008, 09:36 PM

22 posts, read 107,257 times
Sinking Spring, Wyomissing, and West Lawn are very suburban, family-oriented area. These areas are very nice and have a plethora of parks and recreational areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania