Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 12:12 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It is not racist for us to ask our Governor, or President, to protect 'our' people (Americans) first! That is the job they were hired to do. If there is any chance that one group of immigrants is going to cause us problems; then there is no reason for us to accept them - why ask for trouble?

In the two videos, supplied by cremebrulee, do you see peaceful refugee families looking for protection or do you see enemies of our Country and lifestyle? Keep in mind that just eight attackers have changed the meaning of 'freedom' in France for years to come.

America has broad shoulders. Pennsylvania has broad shoulders. We have taken in refugees from around the world and many of us have direct decedents that immigrated into our Country and State. Plus our Country already has large populations of immigrants. Caution should prevail before we swing the gates wide open. We would be protecting the immigrants that are already in our Country - there is nothing wrong with 'safety first'.
yes indeed, totally agree....and I wrote him...this morning...

I read that one of the refugees already went missing in one of our states, (forget what state) but they cannot find him

They should set up fly free zones in the middle east, where they should set up safety camps to feed and clothes the refugees....

there were many more videos on the internet, but they've been taken down,,,hmmm, by whom I ponder?

And everything about the refugees has everything to do with PA....it effects us one way or another, as we are a state in a country, we're all neighbors.

Point being, we have learned nothing since 911 or the Boston Attack...

what about our own homeless, our own hungry, and jobless? This is insane.

Nice to see you Fisheye....

It's been a while

Old 11-17-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I didn't think he'd buck the left and make a stand against bringing in Syrian refugees, but he could have shown a little wisdom in expressing concern and vowing caution in making sure they were thoroughly screened and processed. I think they're here already. For the last several weeks we've seen families of them new to the area around shopping. The women are frumpy( to be kind) and the men are dumpy with pot bellies and dress like slobs. Like Pa needs more fat slobs, we have enough already, white black and Spanish, LOL.
Locally we had protests about refugees and illegal immigrants not wanting to be housed in a detention center until they were processed and they balked at having to clean and maintain their living quarters and not being paid for it. Maybe they got released and that's why they were out and about.
Wolf's a one termer anyway, he just got a big tax increase which isn't going over well. A lot of GOP lawmakers will be joining him since they agreed to it.
you cannot screen a people when you don't know who they are....Icy, you and I have known each other for a long time....what is Tom Wolf going to do....?

OK, everyone who is a terrorist, in this line and every one who is a Christian in this line?

How is Wolf going to know when my own son in the military didn't know? He was over there teaching them...and on pay day, over half of them disappeared back in the mountains, with their money. We were actually funding terrorists....

Americans Icy are so misinformed, you cannot and will not every change a primitive culture. Wolf has no clue, and PA will suffer for it, b/c they will hide out in the mountains and forests building up their communities...

they ARE here and have been for many many years....they've become citizens, go to our colleges, have gotten jobs in our government, bought our banks....ports, etc. This is and has been happening right here in PA....

Coming to your neighborhood soon.... (wink)

I believe Wolf ought to set up confines for them, right in his own neighborhood.

Guess who won't be elected next term....

Old 11-17-2015, 01:34 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,218,011 times
The best idea I have heard is to train the Syrian Immigrants in battle and support them in taking back their homeland. There are over 1 M immigrants currently in Europe, you should be able to gather an army of 300,000 out of that which is about 10x the size of Isis. Keep in mind Isis is spread pretty thin these days it wont take much to defeat them.

The World leaders including Putin have made headway in doing away with Assad once Isis is dealt with.

As far as letting in the immigrants into PA? There have been thousands upon thousands of Arab/Muslim immigrants in the Philly region over the decades and Ive never heard 1 news story about them causing any trouble whatsoever.

I'm personally not buying into the hysteria but I would hold no issue with anyone who does.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:27 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
"These people" are like so many refugees and immigrants that have come to this country to escape war and brutality in their homeland.
Not your father’s refugees, complete with selfie stick, charged iphone and a bodybuilder. Don’t see whole lot of “brutality” here.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 11-18-2015 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: sorry, removed copyrighted photo - just post links

Old 11-17-2015, 10:36 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
According to this fact checker site, the male/female ratio is even. Stretching Facts on Syrian Refugees

And according to this article in the Economist, The Economist explains: Why America does not take in more Syrian refugees | The Economist

Here are some more facts about refugees in Pennsylvania: Home
Since you are big on “facts”, answer me this. Typical processing ties for refugee status is 18-24 months. Where are they staying for two years? They just got off the boat and are headed here. Obama wants to admit 10,000 in the next 12 months. Where is the staff to process 10,000 applications each taking 2 years? They will be waved in, that I can tell you.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:48 PM

19 posts, read 16,853 times
Just because it takes a long time to vet them, doesn't mean it is adequate. It takes up to 6 months here in NJ to get a gun permit; the actual screening, realistically, can be done within an hour. Does that mean that in those 6 months they do some sort of insane screening? No, not necessarily, they just drag their feet for over 5 months. There is no database or any information other than the bit the US intelligence agencies have on the big players in the game. It's not like some guy in the UN or an FBI agent is sitting there researching each refugee's life for 2 years..
I'm not against refugee's, but we need to be smart about it and very carefully pick those that aren't brainwashed.
I'm Jewish and my Parent's are Israeli. I was born here but they come from the only country higher on the kill list than the US&A, and i can assure you that the majority of Muslims hate the US and the western world; i think it was something like 70% of the Muslims in that region believe in Sharia Law(not sure how accurate that number is). What we want is the 30% that DON'T raise their kid's to become martyrs to the cause, and the Christians that are REALLY being persecuted, not the ones that will come here and then raise their kid's and teach them about how bad the country they are growing up in is and how to kill. Terrorism happens in Israel on a regular basis, even with the insane security and intelligence agencies they have there. I Can assure you that the US will end up the same way if this whole refugee thing isn't taken seriously.

I Will also add that those same kids with selfie sticks are the same ones running around Israel stabbing and murdering innocent people, and that if i was to walk near them with an Israeli Flag or anything of the sort, there is a pretty good chance i'd be thrown off that cliff. Though they enjoy the benefits of being in an advanced country, that doesn't mean they don't still hate you. The terrorists involved in the Paris attack probably looked just like them, dressed in fancy clothes and all, when they didn't have a bomb strapped to them.

The real solution to this is to wipe out ISIS and put Assad back in power; every time the US topples one of the rulers in the area, they end up destroying that country. As crazy as some of the leaders may have been, they keep the even crazier people at bay (Like the Egyptian military did)... And this is coming from an Israeli Citizen... What we need to do is put the refugees in camps that are guarded and secure. Train them, point them in the right direction, and kick em in the ass and let them fight their own war.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Since you are big on “facts”, answer me this. Typical processing ties for refugee status is 18-24 months. Where are they staying for two years? They just got off the boat and are headed here. Obama wants to admit 10,000 in the next 12 months. Where is the staff to process 10,000 applications each taking 2 years? They will be waved in, that I can tell you.
yes, and where does the money come from to feed them, house them, medical care, etc?

Old 11-18-2015, 05:00 AM

This needs to be posted and listened to, especially those who believe all middle eastern people are good people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s

I suggest this is watched over and over again

THE PEACEFUL MAJORITY WERE IRRELEVANT!!!!

Old 11-18-2015, 05:12 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo2936 View Post
What we need to do is put the refugees in camps that are guarded and secure. Train them, point them in the right direction, and kick em in the ass and let them fight their own war.
Like: Paris attack: Poland foreign minister wants Syrian refugees trained to fight Isis.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:13 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
So much for keeping this having to do anything about Pennsylvania. You can continue the discussion on this forum http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/ where there are several threads about the refugee topic.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania