|Median resident age:||41.3 years|
|Pennsylvania median age:||40.1 years|
Zip codes: 17976.
Shenandoah borough income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $33,273 (it was $26,700 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $529.
- White alone - 4,072 (80.3%)
- Hispanic - 848 (16.7%)
- Black alone - 66 (1.3%)
- Two or more races - 61 (1.2%)
- Asian alone - 16 (0.3%)
- American Indian alone - 7 (0.1%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.02%)
|Bad neighborhoods in coal country towns - Shenandoah, Mahanoy City, Ashland, Frackville...? (17 replies)|
|Shenandoah-Talent Search at Shenandoah program (3 replies)|
|What is the WORST city or town in Pennsylvania? (229 replies)|
|Extended Getaway Ideas within 10 hours from Pittsburgh (43 replies)|
|the most Un-New York City-ish towns in NEPA (65 replies)|
|Relocating to Hazelton PA (47 replies)|
Latest news from Shenandoah, PA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Polish (16.8%), Irish (13.2%), German (11.2%), Dutch (6.7%), Lithuanian (6.3%), Italian (6.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 01/16/1866
Elevation: 1300 feet
Land area: 1.52 square miles.
Population density: 3,286 people per square mile(average).
For population 25 years and over in Shenandoah:
- High school or higher: 75.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.9%
- Unemployed: 10.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Shenandoah borough:
- Never married: 41.7%
- Now married: 32.5%
- Separated: 1.9%
- Widowed: 12.4%
- Divorced: 11.4%
629 residents are foreign born (2.5% Latin America).
According to our research of Pennsylvania and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania as of May 07, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Shenandoah to the number of sex offenders is 2,499 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $752 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $597 (2.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Reading, PA (36.1 miles , pop. 81,207).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Philadelphia, PA (79.6 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Shenandoah Heights, PA (0.8 miles ), Gilberton borough, PA (1.4 miles ), New Boston-Morea, PA (1.6 miles ), Altamont, PA (1.7 miles ), Frackville borough, PA (1.7 miles ), Ringtown borough, PA (1.8 miles ), Englewood, PA (1.8 miles ), Mahanoy City borough, PA (1.8 miles ).
Latitude: 40.82 N, Longitude: 76.20 W
Area code: 570
|Crime rates in Shenandoah by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 300.6)||196.8||166.9||167.3||276.9||260.0||296.7||261.5||393.4||242.5||326.8||305.5|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Shenandoah detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||0.79|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -842 (-13.0%).
- Manufacturing (21%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Accommodation and food services (17%)
- Construction (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (12%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Utilities (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (23%)
- Manufacturing (20%)
- Retail trade (19%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (12%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (7%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (7%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (12%)
- Cashiers (10%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (7%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Registered nurses (5%)
- Waiters and waitresses (4%)
Average climate in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Shenandoah-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Pennsylvania state average. It is 6% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/31/1998, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 28.4 miles away from the Shenandoah borough center injured 7 people and caused $1 million in damages.
On 6/18/1970, a category F3 tornado 29.1 miles away from the borough center killed one person and injured 5 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Shenandoah-area historical earthquake activity is near Pennsylvania state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 35.0 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 236.6 miles away from Shenandoah center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 223.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 00:42:43, a magnitude 4.2 (4.2 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 35.6 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 283.4 miles away from Shenandoah center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 263.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Schuylkill County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 6, Snowstorms: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Tropical Depression: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Water Shortage: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Anthony P. Damato - Marine Corps Medal of Honor recipient, Mary Joan Nielubowicz - Admiral, Nellie King - Baseball player, John Morgan Davis - Judge, Tommy Dorsey - (1905-1956), big band musician, Abner Powell - Major League Baseball player, Al Babartsky - Football player, Barney Wentz - Football player, Cynthia A. Maryanoff - Scientist, Darryl Ponicsan - Novelist.
Medal of Honor Recipients
Medal of Honor Recipient born in Shenandoah: Anthony Peter Damato.
Hospitals and medical centers in Shenandoah:
Operable nuclear power plants near Shenandoah:
- 17 miles: Susquehanna 1 and 2 in Berwick, PA.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Shenandoah:
- McCann School of Business & Technology (about 11 miles; Pottsville, PA; Full-time enrollment: 3,412)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (about 19 miles; Bloomsburg, PA; FT enrollment: 9,452)
- Luzerne County Community College (about 29 miles; Nanticoke, PA; FT enrollment: 4,724)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (about 31 miles; Kutztown, PA; FT enrollment: 9,099)
- Lehigh Carbon Community College (about 33 miles; Schnecksville, PA; FT enrollment: 4,391)
- Wilkes University (about 34 miles; Wilkes-Barre, PA; FT enrollment: 3,912)
- King's College (about 35 miles; Wilkes-Barre, PA; FT enrollment: 2,392)
Public high schools in Shenandoah:
Private elementary/middle school in Shenandoah:
Notable locations in Shenandoah: Columbia Hose and Steam Fire Engine Company 1 (A), Shenandoah Fire Department Station 5 - Rescue Hook and Ladder Company 1 (B), Shenandoah Fire Department Station 4 - Polish - American Fire Company 4 (C), Shenandoah Fire Department Station 3 - Phoenix Fire Company 2 (D), Shenandoah Fire Department Station 2 - Defender Hose Company 3 (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2007 was 30.8. This is significantly better than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2007 was 0.462. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.5 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2007 was 5.72. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.5 miles away from the city center.
(27.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 0.0% for Black residents, 42.2% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 17.3% for other race residents, 74.3% for two or more races residents)
|This borough:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
9 people in other noninstitutional facilities in 2010
139 people in nursing homes in 2000
13 people in religious group quarters in 2000
Shenandoah compared to Pennsylvania state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Shenandoah (2011 data):
- Sovereign Bank, National Association: Shenandoah Branch at 2-4 North Main Street, branch established on 1917/08/15. Info updated 2012/01/31: Bank assets: $78,146.9 mil, Deposits: $48,042.9 mil, headquarters in Wilmington, DE, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 718 total offices, Holding Company: Banco Santander, S.A.
- First National Bank of Pennsylvania: Shenandoah Branch at 101 North Main Street, branch established on 2000/09/23. Info updated 2012/01/10: Bank assets: $9,581.0 mil, Deposits: $7,462.2 mil, headquarters in Greenville, PA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 291 total offices, Holding Company: F.N.b. Corporation
- Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company: Shenandoah Branch at 2-8 South Main Street, branch established on 1934/10/29. Info updated 2011/08/08: Bank assets: $76,887.1 mil, Deposits: $60,064.2 mil, headquarters in Buffalo, NY, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 808 total offices, Holding Company: M&T Bank Corporation
- National Penn Bank: Shenandoah Branch at 5 N. Main Street, branch established on 1935/07/27. Info updated 2008/03/03: Bank assets: $8,395.9 mil, Deposits: $5,879.6 mil, headquarters in Boyertown, PA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 131 total offices, Holding Company: National Penn Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (47%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (42%)
- Utility gas (5%)
- Coal or coke (3%)
- No fuel used (2%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Shenandoah borough (based on Schuylkill County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 74.30%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||United Church of Christ||United Methodist Church||Episcopal Church|
|Name||Salvation Army||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Orthodox Church in America: Territorial Dioceses||International Church of the Foursquare Gospel||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Schuylkill County:||2.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||2.04 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.07 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|Schuylkill County:||0.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pennsylvania:||0.88 / 10,000 pop.|
|Schuylkill County:||3.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||3||$8,022|
|Police Protection - Officers||5||$33,118||$79,483||29||$61,068|
|Streets and Highways||5||$21,570||$51,768||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||12||$63,900||$63,900||45||$83,847|
Shenandoah government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - General - Other: $498,000 ($99.98)
Police Protection: $297,000 ($59.63)
Sewerage: $278,000 ($55.81)
Regular Highways: $277,000 ($55.61)
Solid Waste Management: $183,000 ($36.74)
Central Staff Services: $112,000 ($22.49)
Fire Protection: $33,000 ($6.63)
Financial Administration: $30,000 ($6.02)
General Public Buildings: $23,000 ($4.62)
Parks & Recreation: $14,000 ($2.81)
Housing & Community Development: $9,000 ($1.81)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $9,000 ($1.81)
Judicial and Legal Services: $9,000 ($1.81)
Libraries: $2,000 ($0.40)
Health Services - Other: $2,000 ($0.40)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $1,421,000 ($285.28)
- General - Interest on Debt: $119,000 ($23.89)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $811,000 ($162.82)
Shenandoah government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $609,000 ($122.26)
Solid Waste Management: $224,000 ($44.97)
Parking Facilities: $16,000 ($3.21)
All Other: $11,000 ($2.21)
- Employee Retirement - Interest Revenue: $7,000 ($1.41)
- Local Intergovernmental - All Other: $13,000 ($2.61)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $46,000 ($9.24)
Interest Earnings: $12,000 ($2.41)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $165,000 ($33.13)
Highways: $92,000 ($18.47)
General Support: $7,000 ($1.41)
- Tax - Property: $416,000 ($83.52)
Individual Income: $231,000 ($46.38)
NEC: $90,000 ($18.07)
Shenandoah government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,990,000 ($399.52)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $1,910,000 ($383.46)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $80,000 ($16.06)
Shenandoah government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $109,000 ($21.88)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $189,000 ($37.94)
3.03% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,818 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Berks County, PA||0.40% ($35,142 average AGI)|
|from Luzerne County, PA||0.30% ($28,678)|
|from Carbon County, PA||0.29% ($29,710)|
3.44% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,022 average adjusted gross income)
0.02% of residents moved to foreign countries ($171 average AGI)
Schuylkill County: 0.02% Pennsylvania average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Shenandoah:
- WPPA (1360 AM; 5 kW; POTTSVILLE, PA; Owner: POTTSVILLE BROADCASTING CO.)
- WOGY (1300 AM; 5 kW; WEST HAZLETON, PA; Owner: ENTERCOM WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON, LLC)
- WWJZ (640 AM; 50 kW; MOUNT HOLLY, NJ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WEEU (830 AM; 20 kW; READING, PA; Owner: WEEU BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WVCH (740 AM; 50 kW; CHESTER, PA; Owner: WVCH COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WZZD (990 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WLSH (1410 AM; 5 kW; LANSFORD, PA; Owner: J-SYSTEMS FRANCHISING CORP.)
- KYW (1060 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WPEN (950 AM; 50 kW; PHILADELPHIA, PA; Owner: GREATER PHILADELPHIA RADIO, INC.)
- WPAM (1450 AM; 1 kW; POTTSVILLE, PA; Owner: CURRAN COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WKOK (1070 AM; 10 kW; SUNBURY, PA; Owner: SUNBURY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WMCA (570 AM; 50 kW; NEW YORK, NY; Owner: SALEM MEDIA OF NEW YORK, LLC)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Shenandoah:
- WAVT-FM (101.9 FM; POTTSVILLE, PA; Owner: POTTSVILLE BROADCASTING CO.)
- W220BE (91.9 FM; ST. CLAIR, PA; Owner: SALT & LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WFYY (106.5 FM; BLOOMSBURG, PA; Owner: RADIO FRIENDZ, INC.)
- W299AF (107.7 FM; CATAWISSA, PA; Owner: SALT & LIGHT MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMGH-FM (105.5 FM; TAMAQUA, PA; Owner: J-SYSTEMS FRANCHISING CORP.)
- WBSX (97.9 FM; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WSPI (99.7 FM; MOUNT CARMEL, PA; Owner: H & P COMMUNICATIONS, LTD)
- W256AB (99.1 FM; POTTSVILLE, PA; Owner: TEMPLE UNIV OF COMMONWEALTH SYSTEM)
- WMGS (92.9 FM; WILKES-BARRE, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WVIA-FM (89.9 FM; SCRANTON, PA; Owner: NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA EDUCATIONAL TV ASSN.)
- WPGM-FM (96.7 FM; DANVILLE, PA; Owner: MONTROSE BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W290AC (105.9 FM; PALMERTON, PA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- WAMT (103.1 FM; FREELAND, PA; Owner: ENTERCOM WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON, LLC)
- WBHT (97.1 FM; MOUNTAIN TOP, PA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WQKX (94.1 FM; SUNBURY, PA; Owner: SUNBURY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WKRZ (98.5 FM; WILKES-BARRE, PA; Owner: ENTERCOM WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON, LLC)
- W218AX (91.5 FM; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: GOSPEL MEDIA INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WEGH (107.3 FM; NORTHUMBERLAND, PA; Owner: SUNBURY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WQFM (92.1 FM; NANTICOKE, PA; Owner: THE SCRANTON TIMES, L.P.)
- WCLH (90.7 FM; WILKES-BARRE, PA; Owner: WILKES COLLEGE)
TV broadcast stations around Shenandoah:
- WNEP-TV (Channel 16; SCRANTON, PA; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WVIA-TV (Channel 44; SCRANTON, PA; Owner: NE PA ED TV ASSOCIATION)
- WBRE-TV (Channel 28; WILKES-BARRE, PA; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, L.L.C.)
- WYOU (Channel 22; SCRANTON, PA; Owner: MISSION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WOLF-TV (Channel 56; HAZLETON, PA; Owner: WOLF LICENSE CORP.)
- WLYH-TV (Channel 15; LANCASTER, PA; Owner: TELEVISION STATION GROUP LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- WTVE (Channel 51; READING, PA; Owner: READING BROADCASTING, INC.)
- W24BL (Channel 24; POTTSVILLE, ETC., PA; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF NORTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA, L.L.C.)
- W47AO (Channel 47; BERWICK, PA; Owner: TRIPLE J COMMUNITY BROADCASTING., L.L.C.)
- W19CI (Channel 19; BERWICK, PA; Owner: CATHOLIC BROADCASTING OF SCRANTON, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 13
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 15
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 7
- Fatalities: 15
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 34
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 2
- Fatal accident count: 91
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 132
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 27
- Fatalities: 97
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 227
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 17
Total length: 6 meters (20ft)
Total costs: $1,000
Total average daily traffic: 5,464
Total average daily truck traffic: 382
Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic: 13,771
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- Shenandoah, Tower Rd (Lat: 40.850000 Lon: -76.114278), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 55.5 m, Call Sign: WQPX790
Assigned Frequencies: 11055.0 MHz, 19480.0 MHz, 19520.0 MHz, 19560.0 MHz, 10855.0 MHz, 10975.0 MHz, 19480.0 MHz, 19520.0 MHz, 19560.0 MHz, 19520.0 MHz, 19480.0 MHz, 19560.0 MHz
Grant Date: 09/12/2012, Expiration Date: 09/12/2022, Certifier: Cameron Graham
Registrant: Jefferson Microwave, LLC, 1001 G Street, N.W., Suite 500 West, Washington, DC 20001, Phone: (202) 434-4100, Email:
- PA-017C, 259 Park Place Road (Lat: 40.850000 Lon: -76.114278), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 55.5 m, Call Sign: WQQW923, Licensee ID: L01725651
Assigned Frequencies: 6845.00 MHz, 11075.0 MHz
Grant Date: 03/18/2013, Expiration Date: 03/18/2023, Certifier: Adam Sewell
Registrant: Converge Towers, LLC, 770 Broadway, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10003, Phone: (646) 415-7715, Fax: (239) 333-0302, Email:
- ATC75080, Tower Rd (Lat: 40.850000 Lon: -76.114278), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 55.5 m, Call Sign: WQRH223, Licensee ID: L01734575
Assigned Frequencies: 11115.0 MHz, 6725.00 MHz
Grant Date: 05/13/2013, Expiration Date: 05/13/2023, Certifier: Roberta Yuan
Registrant: Standard Backhaul Communications LLC, 333 South Highland Avenue, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510, Phone: (212) 293-1920, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:9 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Shenandoah)
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-140 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 5564U , Serial Number: 28-26291, Year manufactured: 1969, Airworthiness Date: 09/02/1969
Registrant (Individual): Robert Parker, 324 California Ave, Shenandoah, PA 17976
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
|Businesses in Shenandoah, PA|
|Advance Auto Parts||1||Kroger||1|
|Burger King||1||True Value||1|
Shenandoah on our top lists:
- #13 on the list of "Top 100 cities with oldest houses (pop. 5,000+)"
- #32 on the list of "Top 100 cities with lowest ratio of median house value to median household income (pop. 5,000+)"
- #7 (17976) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Lithuanian first ancestries"
- #44 (17976) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Ukrainian first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #62 (17976) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Polish first ancestries"
- #3 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating to other counties in 2006"
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #52 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Sulfur Oxides Annual air pollution readings in 2005 (µg/m3)"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Sulfur Oxides 24-hour air pollution readings in 2005 (µg/m3)"
Total of 5 patent applications in 2008-2015.