Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2022, 08:21 AM

10,932 posts, read 4,600,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Uh huh. I'm sure it's a super legitimate source too!

I'll continue to remind you: propaganda from Breitbart isn't actually news.

The real irony is the right-wingers who b*tch and moan about the economy--because they truly don't understand macroeconomics--refuse to acknowledge that the lack of immigration is a HUGE contributor to the current labor shortage:

https://www.marketplace.org/2022/05/...fewer-workers/

But go ahead, keep warning everyone about those big scary Central American caravans that never seem to arrive like the GOP says. We're still waiting...

hold on, is it now your testimony that the thousands of freely distributed pictures of migrant caravan participants wearing pro biden t shirts BEFORE AND AFTER the election, fake? (forget the fact that I have never quoted anything from breitbart ever, your accusation aside)

This one I have to see. talk about pretending....geesh. I have to ask, on a similar scale, are you also still a french model????

ps - I have posted extensively about the economy and the driving factors, anywhere it is mentioned on CD that I happen to read. not one single time has any data point I ever posted ever been refuted. (mostly because it cant) so since you opened the door....I call. show us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
But go ahead, keep warning everyone about those big scary Central American caravans that never seem to arrive like the GOP says. We're still waiting...

as previously posted:

Quote:
The U.S. Border Patrol reported more than 1.6 million encounters with migrants along the U.S.-Mexico border in the 2021 fiscal year, more than quadruple the number of the prior fiscal year and the highest annual total on record.
The number of encounters had fallen to just over 400,000 in fiscal 2020 as the coronavirus outbreak slowed migration across much of the world. But encounters at the southwest border rebounded sharply in fiscal 2021 and ultimately eclipsed the previous annual high recorded in fiscal 2000, according to recently published data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the federal agency that encompasses the Border Patrol.

need I post the other one?

what is the old quote...when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. there is no way you are gonna wiggle out from this one.

lets see you take these wild claims out from a buried thread on PA and post it in a more visible forum...lets see how you do there...

Ps: illegals dont usually take the census. just sayin.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:

not bretibart:
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-guard...states-1574978

not breitbart either: (same event, diff pic, diff source)
https://www.businessinsider.com/migr...-border-2021-3

even left wing snopes:

Quote:
These are all genuine photographs of people wearing “Biden Please Let Us In” shirts near the border of the United States and Mexico. The image on the top left, for example, is available here via Getty Images. Reuters included several additional images of these “Biden Please Let Us In” shirts and signs in an article published on March 10.
Reuters reported that a number of migrants have gathered at the border, hoping that U.S. President Joe Biden’s administration would allow more people to enter the country than his predecessor former President Donald Trump did. Reuters wrote:
Are you now willing to admit your whole story was made up? or do I need to post more? there are no shortages of webpages, photos, or border locations. At the very least soros kept the chinese graphic t shirt industry in biz (ps - you can STILL buy pre-election t shirts, now)

Old 06-03-2022, 09:55 AM

611 posts, read 366,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
Prove it

You've been called out as a liar in this thread, and rightfully so. Unless you site everything, no one should believe a word you say, Ever

You are a habitual liar, reasonable people can disagree but you aren't unreasonable, you are delusional. This tends to happen when you avoid people to the left of Meadeville. Stop being so sheltered. You show flashes of intelligence but then mask it with a cloak of ignorance. Like, you could say 9 reasonable things but then that 10th thing is absolutely bonkers and anyone with a brain can, and is, laughing at you.

This is thread has proven one thing, if RetiredPA isn't citing his sources, his comments should be as ignored as much his race is. /sarcasm

Bingo.

Old 06-03-2022, 10:00 AM

7,279 posts, read 10,622,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
One photo does not give any context. Those shirts could have literally come from anywhere. That's why it's so crucial to get the whole picture before spreading blatant misinformation, which this is.

None of this proves literally any of your larger claims about a George Soros-orchestrated migration campaign to get Central American caravans over the border. This has been refuted MULTIPLE times.

Here is the REAL explanation from FactCheck.org:

Quote:
A video purportedly showing Central American emigrants who are part of what has become widely referred to as a “caravan” was posted last week by Rep. Matt Gaetz and, later, President Donald Trump. It has been shared tens of thousands of times on Facebook and Twitter.

The problem is that many claims about those videos also include misinformation.

The most widely circulated claim came from Gaetz’s original tweet, which said: “BREAKING: Footage in Honduras giving cash 2 women & children 2 join the caravan & storm the US border @ election time. Soros? US-backed NGOs? Time to investigate the source!”

Gaetz later corrected one piece of information in his original tweet. He said on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Oct. 21 that the video wasn’t shot in Honduras, but rather in Guatemala. He explained in a tweet that “because a Honduran government official sent me this video, I believed it came from Honduras.”

But he has let stand the reference to one of the most common right-wing conspiracy theories — that liberal billionaire philanthropist George Soros is behind it all.

We’ve debunked a lot of claims that Soros is involved in orchestrating major social or political events. This is just the latest.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/10/no...grant-caravan/

Old 06-03-2022, 10:59 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,193 times
Quote:

I'll continue to remind you: propaganda from Breitbart isn't actually news.
Everything that you write is a simple-minded sound bite from ultra-partisan media sources. "Republicans are saying 'Don't Say Gay!' Republicans are always talking about white replacement theory! Republicans are trying to crush democracy!" You're the left-wing version of propaganda from Breitbart.

Old 06-03-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:

Is that because the GOP likes to deflect on talking about their sh*tty policies,
What policies do you find to be so ****ty, exactly? Our Democrat governor has a plan to help fight inflation by giving away lots of government money. If you can find anything that's worse than that, I'd love to hear about it.

Last edited by fat lou; 06-03-2022 at 11:23 AM..

Old 06-03-2022, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
I mean, if the shoe fits.
NewtonBucks? Does that mean that you live in Newton, PA? The Newton, PA that is 95% white people? How typical: live in some all-white town and claim disdain for people who don't love non-white people as much as you do.

Last edited by fat lou; 06-03-2022 at 11:24 AM..

Old 06-03-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
One photo does not give any context. Those shirts could have literally come from anywhere. That's why it's so crucial to get the whole picture before spreading blatant misinformation, which this is.

None of this proves literally any of your larger claims about a George Soros-orchestrated migration campaign to get Central American caravans over the border. This has been refuted MULTIPLE times.

Here is the REAL explanation from FactCheck.org:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/10/no...grant-caravan/

what context do you need? each of the photos you googled (you DID google them right? no making stuff up?) was taken from OUR side,of the border, of the land known as mexico.

now I understand those on the left just refer to anyone there as 'mexican'. Fact is, they are salvadoran, columbian, honduran, guatamalen etc and so forth. you get the picture. You didnt do even the most minimum research.

which means once again, everything you typed, has been demonstrated false.

false = misinformation

And, to be CURRENT, I just watched a live video feed from Reynos? Mx where the mexican govt is calling for help as the tent city used by each caravan as they pass thru is now overwhelmed - badly - at present as the current caravan left to arrive at the title 42 expiration, but a court got in the way.

and George soros HIMSELF said more than once he was spending $500M to help the immigrants, before the dnc said ixnay on the lanspay, yet the magic funding STILL continues. Im sure he quit cold turkey.

so, every statement I have made is shown to be true, every deflection and counter statement has been shown to be made up.

hmmm, factcheck .org, factcheck.org...oh, you mean the one funded by facebook, google and the APPC PAC? THAT one? Im sure they have ZERO bias. yes, it is crucial to get all the facts.....

I guess if I made up a website called 'hillaryisguilty.org' it would be accepted as fact? (oh wait, that one actually is true...bad example)

in the vernacular of your generation: 0wn3d

ps, in earlier posts when I posted the migrant numbers, and in which you said they were false...I forget - did you actually prove that, or just made it up? only 1 can be true...which?

so lets see what you have claimed so far, in ONLY this thread:

1) there are no large numbers of migrants to the southern border

status: proven false by the CBP numbers. other than a brief dip during covid, the numbers quickly set a record in 2021 and is over halfway there to breaking that record, 1/3 of the year in (this does not include the ones not caught)

2) there is a labor shortage because of less illegals (wtf?)

status: proven false by the whitehouse numbers where as of early april almost 900000 migrants have been re-settled in the USA (this does not include ones not caught) that number is 2 and a half times larger than the jobs created last month. so, well...

3) no migrant caravan has ever reached the USA

4) no one is funding migrant caravans

status: false unless they are just happening to how up after 800 mile trips wearing clean clothes, well fed, well WATERED, no luggage, new t shirts in some cases and no money on them.

5) George soros is not funding migrant caravans

status: false. George soros has admitted to donating $500M into 'migrant causes', he has funneled at least another $400M into dark money pacs who do the same, not to mention north of $30 into defund the police efforts. Almost a B-note so far. And this is just what we know WITHOUT a subpoena. I should point out, none of this is actually illegal. but it is a lie to state he does not do it.

you are 0 for 5.

wanna go for more? Its a losing argument at any point to defend these policies of the left. so do so at your own peril. I stand chance of jumping my rep count to the next 'badge' just by refuting your statements made in THIS thread alone. meaning: you aint fooling anyone.

Old 06-04-2022, 04:53 AM

14,244 posts, read 9,132,787 times
I read the Newsweek story that accompanied that photo. Those T-shirts, btw, don't indicate that the wearers are supporters of Biden. Rather, they're pleading with him.

The story shows that he's getting it from both sides. But again, it also shows that we are not allowing "unrestricted immigration" from anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania