Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 05:11 PM

85 posts, read 46,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Why the exclusive focus on Fetterman? Are you using confirmation bias to subject Fetterman alone to your questions of qualification?

Dr. Oz is equally deserving of your very same questions.
I'm asking specifically about Fetterman because just by the naked eye he seems really unimpressive and I feel like I'm missing something. There are plenty of things to question about OZ. But atleast the man has been successful in a medical career, a television career, can speak a complete sentence and actually campaigns.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:57 PM

732 posts, read 602,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBoraBobby View Post
I'm asking specifically about Fetterman because just by the naked eye he seems really unimpressive and I feel like I'm missing something. There are plenty of things to question about OZ. But atleast the man has been successful in a medical career, a television career, can speak a complete sentence and actually campaigns.
So if you want to vote for Oz then vote for Oz.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:00 PM

1,170 posts, read 592,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Anyone who can get the votes can be elected to office.

Safe spaces for drug addicts provide clean needles so drug users don't spread disease. Plus they offer connections to rehab for those who are ready to quit drugs.
100x this. We are doing the interview, we decide what qualifications we want in a senator. Fetterman's resume is very conventional for a politician (resume, persona, politicies etc are another topic). So as someone asked earlier, why wasn't Oz included in the OP's question? My assumption is that is a disingenuous question, especially later citing his TV career as a qualification. So we don't know why the sitting LTG is qualified but selling supplements on Oprah is? I am not buying it.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:44 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
Fetterman lived in his parents basement until he was almost 50. In his 20s, 30s and 40s he his days started off at 1pm, followed by video games, Dominoes, bud light. Some nights cocaine, strippers and hookers became the reg.

He's never earned a paycheck and lived his entire life off of a trust fund. Hes basically what every parent fears their child turning into, the only difference was he had a very wealthy connected parents who handed him millions.

Old 10-11-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Fetterman lived in his parents basement until he was almost 50. In his 20s, 30s and 40s he his days started off at 1pm, followed by video games, Dominoes, bud light. Some nights cocaine, strippers and hookers became the reg.

He's never earned a paycheck and lived his entire life off of a trust fund. Hes basically what every parent fears their child turning into, the only difference was he had a very wealthy connected parents who handed him millions.
So the original question was disingenuous and was really intended to exercise some frustration from his critics because it seems he might win?

Go ahead, exercise your frustration all you want. The rest of us will just get on with voting.

Old 10-11-2022, 07:25 PM

2,674 posts, read 2,628,363 times
Quote:

Bingo.

Though this is a better question for a primary than a general election. You could literally dress a rock in a suit and tie and put it on the ballot, as long as the rock's name has a D or an R after it, it will get 40+% of the vote in a general election.

The big fail was how he won his primary (either as Lt. Governor or Senator). The guy literally lived in his parents' basement and played video games until his late 40's. That (should) tell you everything there is to know about him and what kind of a job he would do in office. Like work to free criminals from the prison sentences they earned, so they can victimize more innocent people. I can't imagine voting for someone like that in a primary, and yet a whole bunch of people did. Twice. Living proof that in a democracy, you get the government you deserve.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:03 PM

7,271 posts, read 10,601,386 times
Quote:

Wow, I guess every parent fears their child being elected as Lieutenant Governor. And surely matriculation at Harvard and obtaining an MBA is for the "underachieving," right?

What's more than apparent to me is the classic right-wing character attacks. The GOP knows they nominated a "buy my way into Congress" TV con-artist, who's much more skilled at selling diet pills and bogus cancer treatments on Oprah than representing a state he LITERALLY just moved to. Once again, there's a very good reason why Oz supporters are lukewarm, but far more people actually like and trust Fetterman.

Oz epitomizes rich privilege and getting what he wants, so long as money can pay for it. He has never held even ONE position of public service. Yet here we are criticizing a man who actually gave a s**t about public service enough to try to improve one of the most neglected cities in Pennsylvania.

But go on about the virtues of Oz's character. No one knows what those are, but we're all ears.

Last edited by Duderino; 10-11-2022 at 08:13 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 08:10 PM

7,271 posts, read 10,601,386 times
Quote:
Ah, yes. Oz's superlative capability to sell grannies their acai berry pills. How useful for the Senate.

And keep up the stroke-shaming. An incredibly classy talking point and not at all insulting to hundreds of thousands of stroke survivors.

I hope everyone criticizing a man overcoming an adverse medical event never has to deal with one. You'll have to banish yourself from the rest of society forever, apparently, with no chance for recovery.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:43 PM

85 posts, read 46,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Ah, yes. Oz's superlative capability to sell grannies their acai berry pills. How useful for the Senate.

And keep up the stroke-shaming. An incredibly classy talking point and not at all insulting to hundreds of thousands of stroke survivors.

I hope everyone criticizing a man overcoming an adverse medical event never has to deal with one. You'll have to banish yourself from the rest of society forever, apparently, with no chance for recovery.
I'm not stroke shaming Fetterman. How could anyone shame someone for having a stroke? It's totally out of their control. I'm glad he survived and the lingering effects are not worse (such as paralysis). I'm saying I don't understand why someone who is obviously dealing with cognitive and communication issues (God knows what else) from a stroke should represent our state in the senate. I don't think he is physically up for the job. I think that we need strong leaders and problem solvers in congress not physically challenged recent stroke survivors who will just be another democratic vote and nothing more. This country has serious problems that require the best minds to solve. We deserve better. Our state needs better.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I'm not stroke shaming Fetterman. How could anyone shame someone for having a stroke? It's totally out of their control. I'm glad he survived and the lingering effects are not worse (such as paralysis). I'm saying I don't understand why someone who is obviously dealing with cognitive and communication issues (God knows what else) from a stroke should represent our state in the senate. I don't think he is physically up for the job. I think that we need strong leaders and problem solvers in congress not physically challenged recent stroke survivors who will just be another democratic vote and nothing more. This country has serious problems that require the best minds to solve. We deserve better. Our state needs better.
Oh, okay. First you were concerned about "qualifications" but once that was answered now you've moved on to his health. Just vote for Oz already. Who are you trying to convince of whatever it is you're trying to argue? The effects of Fetterman's stroke are not making people who support him because his policy views align with theirs turn around and say, "Oh geez, he stammers now so I'm going to vote for Oz." Who thinks like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania