Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 PM

47 posts, read 146,251 times

Advertisements

I'm from NY and they cost too much so I'm thinking about getting them from PA, I want to know the average price I should expect to pay for a carton of Newport regulars. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 09:40 AM

7 posts, read 48,152 times
About $6.00/Pack

Old 02-17-2011, 05:36 PM

7 posts, read 48,152 times
Default Newports

I smoke newport's and usually purchase at gerrity's food store. Their pricing changes all the time. But i usually pay a little under $6.00. However, matamoras can sometimes be a little cheaper. It really depends on where you go. I wish they had coupons like marlboro does. You should call a few places before you take the ride.good luck!

Old 02-17-2011, 06:31 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Newport does send you coupons, you need to get on their mailing list. However: apparently, the gov't. is trying to ban menthol cigarettes completely........

Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,085 times
Try a pack of Red Buck menthol. Under $30 a carton/$3 a pack in supermarkets because they are classified as cigars. Taste like a real good full-flavored menthol cigarette.

The govt. says flavored cigs attract youth. Captain Black makes a bunch of flavors and under $20 a carton., worth trying a pack. Cigars aren't treated or taxed like cigs.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:34 AM

728 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Try rolling your own, I can do a whole carton with decent brand tobacco for about $8.50... I prefer them to commercial cigs now.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 PM

1,193 posts, read 2,389,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
Try a pack of Red Buck menthol. Under $30 a carton/$3 a pack in supermarkets because they are classified as cigars. Taste like a real good full-flavored menthol cigarette.

The govt. says flavored cigs attract youth. Captain Black makes a bunch of flavors and under $20 a carton., worth trying a pack. Cigars aren't treated or taxed like cigs.
Thanks for this suggestion; I may have to try them. I smoke Camel Menthol - smoked Turkish Jade until they discontinued it - d'you think there's anything comparable in this cigar category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven302 View Post
Try rolling your own, I can do a whole carton with decent brand tobacco for about $8.50... I prefer them to commercial cigs now.
D'you do the filters and everything? What about full-flavor menthol? Doable?

Old 02-24-2011, 07:00 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,225,174 times
I rolled my own for years. It saves money. Get a little roller by TOP or whatever, put filters in them. They changed the tax classification on roll-your-own tobacco now - I switched over to using pipe tobacco specifically cut for cigarettes as a cheaper alternative after the tax increase. Not quite as good, though.

Also, I now use the e-cigarette. Haven't smoked a real cigarette in 2 months, and I don't even want to. No cravings. You can buy nicotine juice online - cheap.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:25 AM

1,193 posts, read 2,389,100 times
So those e-cigs aren't a ripoff? They seem like a poor substitute. No?

I want to quit intellectually but I still love to smoke. Trying to quit with that kind of attitude, I know I'm doomed.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:47 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,225,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingouttahere View Post
So those e-cigs aren't a ripoff? They seem like a poor substitute. No?

I want to quit intellectually but I still love to smoke. Trying to quit with that kind of attitude, I know I'm doomed.
They aren't a rip off if you know what you're doing. Don't buy one from the mall, 7-11, or infomercial.

When I bought an e-cigarette, I actually had no intention of quitting. I just wanted to cut back on smoking AND be able to smoke inside again - I stopped when I got a cat. I got my e-cigarette, and had one regular cigarette a couple of days later, and didn't even like it compared to the e-cigarette. That was the only one I had since the 2 months I've been on the e-cigarette. I was a very heavy smoker too - at least 1.5 packs per day. Probably more - I rolled my own so I lost track. I still have about half a months tobacco sitting in my closet that doesn't even tempt me - I would throw it out, but I honestly don't ever even think about the stuff anymore.

There is a thriving online community of e-cigarette users. You can learn more than you ever wanted to know - although it's very confusing to jump right into. The big forum is: E-Cigarette Forum

You can PM me if you (or anyone) is interested in what online retailer I use or wants basic information about e-cigarettes. I don't want to seem like I'm advertising though, so I won't post the specific company I buy my e-cigarette and nicotine juice from.

Last edited by FamousBlueRaincoat; 02-25-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania