Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 AM

1 posts, read 685 times

Advertisements

I am a European civilian moving to the area next week for a position at Hurlburt. I am looking forward to my assignment and exploring this part of the country and meeting new people. I would appreciate your advice on which areas I should be focusing my rental home hunting efforts. I am 50 years old, single, male and would prefer a neighborhood that has demographics that would be suitable for someone my age, if there is such a neighborhood. Safety is paramount, and it would be nice if the area is walkable as my mom will be visiting me and she enjoys taking walks. A big plus if the neighborhood is cosmopolitan, friendly and provides opportunities for socializing with other single professionals (I am probably asking too much for such a small town). My budget is $1500 or less for a 1-2 bedroom. Apartment complexes might be acceptable if they offer what I have in mind but I think the nice ones are mainly on the beach and are probably beyond my budget.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 05:18 AM

337 posts, read 448,864 times
Navarre

Old 02-20-2018, 10:41 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,727,068 times
There are apt and condo complexes with great views along Hwy 98, heading out of FWB towards Hurlburt, but unless you thinking along the highway is walkable then it isn't ideal. And it might be full of younger single people, as opposed to someone your age. That being said there are Apts in Fort Walton that have great commutes to the back gate of Hurlburt.

Chez Elan off Racetrack looks nice. Heather Glenn and Commando village are literally at the back gate. Though the age group there might be a little young as well, as it caters to military families. I have a friend that used to live at Arium over by the high school and liked it at one time...not sure how it is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola