Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2023, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,745 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
We are going to relocate from Orlando to Pensacola.
We are family of 3, myself, my husband and our 4 years old baby girl.
I am going to work for the Navy Federal credit Union corporate office in W 9 Mile road.32526.

Could you please suggest good elementary schools and safe neighborhoods nearby.
We are going to buy a SFH , budget $450k.

TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2023, 11:09 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,946,598 times
Beulah Elementary School is considered one of the better ones in Escambia County, to my understanding.

Since you'll be working at Navy Federal, you'll want to live out that way in the Beulah area. Lots of new construction there and it's a safe area.

Old 09-09-2023, 09:04 PM

11 posts, read 27,555 times
I can't believe someone would leave Orlando to move to Pensacola. I've been in Pensacola for a year and it has been one of the worst years of my life. The only redeeming feature of the Florida panhandle is the beach, and you can go to St. Pete Beach or Cocoa for that.

Old 09-11-2023, 07:24 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,946,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeinmycar View Post
I can't believe someone would leave Orlando to move to Pensacola.
I'm not crazy about Pensacola per se; but what's so great about Orlando? It's an overcrowded nightmare if you ask me. I'd definitely prefer Pcola to Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeinmycar View Post
I've been in Pensacola for a year and it has been one of the worst years of my life.
Sounds like a personal thing that has nothing to do with Pensacola itself...

Old 09-12-2023, 01:06 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,305,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'm not crazy about Pensacola per se; but what's so great about Orlando? It's an overcrowded nightmare if you ask me. I'd definitely prefer Pcola to Orlando.

Sounds like a personal thing that has nothing to do with Pensacola itself...
I wouldn’t care to live either, but if I had to choose, it would have to be Pensacola.

Old 09-17-2023, 08:09 PM

11 posts, read 27,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'm not crazy about Pensacola per se; but what's so great about Orlando?
It's better than Pensacola in every way. Pensacola is poor, trashy, slummy, every third car is uninsured and has a headlight out, the people are ugly and covered in tattoos, there's no job market other than the military bases (which also means that Pensacola is a sausage fest), there are few good restaurants, most of the city shuts completely down at 8 PM, and the rent is on part with Northern Virginia for matchstick construction and paper thin walls.

Other than that, no strong opinion of the place.

Edit: I also forgot the panhandlers, the drug addicts, the Mad Max-esque traffic, and the fact that Cordova is somehow the entire city center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola